SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:31 PM
Ukraine, Crimea, Bakhchysarai
Joined Mar 2012
1,542 Posts
tonytester, it seems that you upload thumbnails not real images. Pictures are tiny with unsuffisent size
asanovrus is offline Find More Posts by asanovrus
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:50 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovrus View Post
tonytester, it seems that you upload thumbnails not real images. Pictures are tiny with unsuffisent size
I'm confused (obviously) I thought I was downloading jpeg images from my picture file. so what should I do. write slow cause my brain is old
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:53 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackup View Post
Mine are attached to the long arms on the swash plate and the short arms on the mixer. The long arm on the mixer is then attached to the flybar. They came that way and I have not made any changes.

Jim
that's how mine came but why would the links not go straight up?
the mixer lags the ball on the swash.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:19 PM
Underdog
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Dec 2012
363 Posts
I bought some batteries for my V911 from Banggood at the end of December, they just got here. If I want a V912 in time for the spring thaw maybe I should order it now.
Jonboy. is offline Find More Posts by Jonboy.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:59 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
try this

Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovrus View Post
this should work
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:57 PM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Dec 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy. View Post
I bought some batteries for my V911 from Banggood at the end of December, they just got here. If I want a V912 in time for the spring thaw maybe I should order it now.
I ordered my v912 from Banggood assuming about a near-month delay as I've had in the past (which is fine in my books for the savings I'm getting).

Ordered on Jan 15
Shipped on Jan 15
Delivered Jan 23, only a day after my v202 and spare v911 arrived (which shipped Jan 4)

I was impressed, my wife just rolled her eyes.
SmileyChris is offline Find More Posts by SmileyChris
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:24 AM
Ukraine, Crimea, Bakhchysarai
Joined Mar 2012
1,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
this should work
yes, this worked. Now I would like to see those helicopters in new way.
asanovrus is offline Find More Posts by asanovrus
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:40 AM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
A front came through our area yesterday and I tried to fly in 18 mph (avg) winds (according to my wind gauge on the roof). I was in a fairly small area with little room for maneuvering and my skill level was sadly lacking. I managed a few short flight at fairly low levels but wind gust kept smacking my heli to the ground. I have no idea what the gust really were but they were vicious. My final crash knocked the canopy off and the battery popped out of the holder but stayed connected and I gave up with only a few attempts. The heli was undamaged and unmarked otherwise.

I say again. This thing is tough!

keep 'em flyin'

Jim
Crackup is offline Find More Posts by Crackup
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:24 AM
Amateur copter crasher.
United States, OH, Worthington
Joined Dec 2012
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy. View Post
My first few orders were a little over a week... Now, I just saw an order accepted in LA today. Order shipped on the 1st of January. Based on CA to Ohio, I expect delivery on Tuesday. I guess it really varies.
jwilkers is offline Find More Posts by jwilkers
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:49 PM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
that's how mine came but why would the links not go straight up?
the mixer lags the ball on the swash.

I don't know Tony, mine are reasonably vertical, probably between 5 and 10 degrees off. Close enough?

Cheers,

Jim
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:10 PM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilkers View Post
My first few orders were a little over a week... Now, I just saw an order accepted in LA today. Order shipped on the 1st of January. Based on CA to Ohio, I expect delivery on Tuesday. I guess it really varies.
I have ordered three different times from Banggood. I live in Texas. So far, 4 to 6 weeks in each case. I have paid extra for air-mail once from another vendor in China and got the order in 6 or 7 days, but it was a big order and I thought the rate was reasonable at the time. Yeah, I wanted it right, cotton-picking, now. Still took 6 or 7 days, however, since I got a notice from the post office and had to go and retrieve it, I can't say for sure when it actually arrived there.

It took about 5 days to get an order delivered from a vendor in the states.

I placed an order with AliExpress on Jan 20. I don't expect to see it in less than a month, but who knows?

Cheers,

Jim
Last edited by Crackup; Jan 30, 2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:20 PM
Underdog
Joined Dec 2012
363 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyChris View Post
I ordered my v912 from Banggood assuming about a near-month delay as I've had in the past (which is fine in my books for the savings I'm getting).

Ordered on Jan 15
Shipped on Jan 15
Delivered Jan 23, only a day after my v202 and spare v911 arrived (which shipped Jan 4)

I was impressed, my wife just rolled her eyes.
Wives are hard to impress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackup View Post
A front came through our area yesterday and I tried to fly in 18 mph (avg) winds (according to my wind gauge on the roof). I was in a fairly small area with little room for maneuvering and my skill level was sadly lacking. I managed a few short flight at fairly low levels but wind gust kept smacking my heli to the ground. I have no idea what the gust really were but they were vicious. My final crash knocked the canopy off and the battery popped out of the holder but stayed connected and I gave up with only a few attempts. The heli was undamaged and unmarked otherwise.

I say again. This thing is tough!

keep 'em flyin'

Jim
Good to hear this heli can survive a crash.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:01 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
912 settings

ok I will BEG.
could one of you expert fp fliers please post the settings you are using on your turnigy 9x , and the wl v912
thanks in advance.
tonytester
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:11 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
912 is tough

today while fly some low over ground missions I came out from under the table and the tip of the blades hit the plastic flower pot and cut a nice gash in the side. spraying black soil and pot chips all over the place. nothing happened to the heli besides hitting the ground. no nicks on the blades at all this was not the first blade bash. This baby is a flying buzz saw. Of course I did the right thing , I turned the pot around and vacuumed up the dirt with the little black and decker. no one will know,.
tonytester
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:55 PM
Underdog
Joined Dec 2012
363 Posts
I am trying to compare the specs of the V912 to similar sized FP helis like the DH 9116 and the MJX F46. For the V912 I have the rotor diameter as 400 mm and the battery as 850 mah. But I'm not sure what the flying weight is, can anyone tell me what the weight of the V912 is in grams?