Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 14, 2013, 11:32 AM
Zipties and Velcro
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Mar 2013
595 Posts
Hey Guys. Im replacing the tail boom on my 912. I notice that the replacement boom doesnt have the carbon liner on the inside. Is this an issue? Has anyone else noticed this? It doesnt appear that the liner will come out of the old boom..
Switchy is offline Find More Posts by Switchy
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2013, 12:02 PM
Joined Aug 2012
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon View Post
Mine hit me in the forehead, so it was pretty easy to find.
Ouch, that must have hurt... :S

Seems like the flybar is a weak spot on this heli. Anybody tried flying without it? ..Would it even be possible? (I remember seeing a video of somebody flying the V911 flybarless)
I'd try it myself if I hadn't also broke some ball heads.
trase is offline Find More Posts by trase
Old May 14, 2013, 12:28 PM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Yes, I understand about balance charging. What I did not know is that the BLACK connector, for which I do have a jumper, is electrically the same as the WHITE two pin connector on the LiFe battery and can therefore also be used for charging. The compatible jumper I needed was provided with the Thunder A6 charger, so my problem is solved. I was just to dumb to realize it could be connected that way.

Thanks for your response,

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk83 View Post
The life batteries have standard balence charge plugs that are 4 pin on the 3s.

You connect that to the balence port on the charger and any one of the 2 pin connectors (may have to make your own) to the charger output.

You need to select life program on the charger or get a charger that supports life. You can't charge them as lipos as they have a lower high voltage!
Crackup is offline Find More Posts by Crackup
Old May 14, 2013, 12:30 PM
[]-[] E [] i []P [] []v[] []P
Joined Mar 2013
282 Posts
While my AXE 100 is waiting on a motor/board from HobbieCo, thought I would take a break on learning CP and fly the v912 When I spooled it up It started too spin counter clockwise? I checked the tail motor and gears, alls good there. Has anyone seemed to find out what's the issue? Maybe needs a new gyro/PCB Board I see others posts, any solutions?
FlyGuy912 is online now Find More Posts by FlyGuy912
Last edited by FlyGuy912; May 14, 2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old May 14, 2013, 02:44 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchy View Post
Hey Guys. Im replacing the tail boom on my 912. I notice that the replacement boom doesnt have the carbon liner on the inside. Is this an issue? Has anyone else noticed this? It doesnt appear that the liner will come out of the old boom..
it did come out of mine though ...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=44
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old May 14, 2013, 07:04 PM
[]-[] E [] i []P [] []v[] []P
Joined Mar 2013
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo View Post
Either a bad tail motor or a bad gyro. Depending on which way it's spinning.

Owen
Correct me if I'm wrong for the record. If the v912 spins clockwise, it could be the tail motor is going out?

If the v912 spins counter clockwise it's the gyro?
FlyGuy912 is online now Find More Posts by FlyGuy912
Old May 15, 2013, 12:13 AM
Joined May 2013
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttcaze View Post
no no no, stay far away from that motor, your heli will thank you
just curious but what's wrong with the Xtreme 380 motor? I used it in my DH9117 and haven't had an issue. I was thinking about putting one in my V913. Just like to know why you said to stay away from it?
AreaWest is offline Find More Posts by AreaWest
Old May 15, 2013, 12:59 AM
Zipties and Velcro
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Mar 2013
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
I think that my flybar is just damaged so bad it wont come out. I think I remember seeing that a whole new tail unit is available.
Switchy is offline Find More Posts by Switchy
Old May 15, 2013, 03:19 AM
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
3,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AreaWest View Post
just curious but what's wrong with the Xtreme 380 motor? I used it in my DH9117 and haven't had an issue. I was thinking about putting one in my V913. Just like to know why you said to stay away from it?
Yes have the same idea to put a 380 motor on the V913 ....

The question is how many teeth have original pinion of V912 & V913 370 motors .... and what is the voltage requiered for the 380 motor (ref XTR-EBL015)
SeByDocKy is online now Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Last edited by SeByDocKy; May 15, 2013 at 03:34 AM.
Old May 15, 2013, 05:59 AM
Joined Apr 2009
8 Posts
remove/replace battery?

Usual apologies for the noobishest of comments/replies, but I have 2 questions. Firstly, how the hell do you get the cover off to access the battery? Do you literally have to screw/unscrew something? With my V911 I just pull of the plastic cover to access/solder/repair, but with the 912 the cover is attached at the bottom and the manual definitely does not show how to remove the front cover.
Mattster73 is offline Find More Posts by Mattster73
Old May 15, 2013, 06:09 AM
Underdog
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Dec 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattster73 View Post
Usual apologies for the noobishest of comments/replies, but I have 2 questions. Firstly, how the hell do you get the cover off to access the battery? Do you literally have to screw/unscrew something? With my V911 I just pull of the plastic cover to access/solder/repair, but with the 912 the cover is attached at the bottom and the manual definitely does not show how to remove the front cover.
Welcome to the V912, it's a great heli.
Replacing the battery is a bit clumsy compared to the V911. The fastener on the bottom grips too tightly. I pinched it together so it only lightly holds the canopy. So I pop the canopy off of the two posts then wiggle it off of the bottom clip. You definitely don't need to unscrew anything.
Jonboy. is offline Find More Posts by Jonboy.
Old May 15, 2013, 06:24 AM
Joined Apr 2009
8 Posts
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy. View Post
Welcome to the V912, it's a great heli.
Replacing the battery is a bit clumsy compared to the V911. The fastener on the bottom grips too tightly. I pinched it together so it only lightly holds the canopy. So I pop the canopy off of the two posts then wiggle it off of the bottom clip. You definitely don't need to unscrew anything.
Thanks for explaining and not making me feel stupid for asking - at first, the fastener and cover seemed to be one piece. Thanks for solving that mystery.

Now to work why, A) the green charging light won't come on when charging,

and B) why the thing now won't sync with the transmitter.

In fact, perhaps someone can assist - when I connect the battery, instead of blinking furiously (like my V911's LED), the LED simply stays solid red, as if it's not even searching for/wanting to bind to the TX.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.
Mattster73 is offline Find More Posts by Mattster73
Last edited by Mattster73; May 15, 2013 at 06:33 AM. Reason: more to add
Old May 15, 2013, 07:36 AM
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Feb 2013
894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGuy912 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong for the record. If the v912 spins clockwise, it could be the tail motor is going out?

If the v912 spins counter clockwise it's the gyro?
I think its the reverse
handy2 is online now Find More Posts by handy2
Old May 15, 2013, 09:07 AM
United Kingdom, Belper
Joined Jan 2011
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackup View Post
Yes, I understand about balance charging. What I did not know is that the BLACK connector, for which I do have a jumper, is electrically the same as the WHITE two pin connector on the LiFe battery and can therefore also be used for charging. The compatible jumper I needed was provided with the Thunder A6 charger, so my problem is solved. I was just to dumb to realize it could be connected that way.

Thanks for your response,

Jim

Yeah the black connector also fits the 9x internal power jack so I just use that. The + is the centre pin so you shouldnt be able to get it wrong either. You could also use it for charging but I just cut off the while futaba connector and fitted a jsx to connect to my charger.
edk83 is offline Find More Posts by edk83
Old May 15, 2013, 11:42 AM
Joined May 2013
7 Posts
Good afternoon and greetings to all the forum, I am a new purchaser of the V912 and I wonder if it is compatible transmitter V912 to Fly the V911, because I have ordered the V912 if supported would ask also the V911 which goes for $ 19.99 .

thanks and regards
barbas25 is offline Find More Posts by barbas25