HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:04 AM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
Get a smartphone like an iPhone and record 1080p video and upload it straight to youtube no computer needed
I have a smartphone. Just not smart enough to know how to use all its features. Maybe I will figure it out one of these days..lol

Cheers,

Jim
Crackup is offline Find More Posts by Crackup
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:17 AM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
my 912 came today from tmart, tx right stick broken right in the box. no sign of any impact on the box. the pivot point was cracked off on the elevator gimbal. so rather than causing a ruckess I took apart the tx (forbidden) and was able to make a new part in my shop while the batt was charging. wow the tx is soldered together with some spit and a prayer waiting for cold solder problems world wide. the canopy is a bear to get off , and if you look at the rx board the same guy soldered that also. the copter looks kind of sturdy but I think after a few crashes the board connections will begin to come apart..I'd be surprised if not. just my opinion.

very sad to have the tx arrive borken .
dark and windy out now and I don't want to bash around in the little house.
tonytester.

Alas Tony, I had the same problem with one of mine. Fortunately I have two, so I was able to use the one transmitter on both hellis. I took the broken transmitter apart and the upper post on the (starboard control stick) was missing and it was also pushed out of its cradle. I think it was damaged in shipment. I managed to get it all back together but couldn't replace the missing post. I can fly with it but no left/right movement on the helli. Got a replacement coming on the slow boat.

If you can relay how you fixed yours, maybe I can figure out a way to fix my broken one.

Thanks,

Jim
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:15 AM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Dec 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
smiley were you in church??? my son in law and I mop and buff the floor in a local church huge with 30 ft ceilings.. I always wanted to take my helis but they say no. oh well
Yeah, my local church. It's definitely a great place to fly!

No helis allowed at yours? What a bunch of party poopers :-P

The walls are very solid - a swoop of my v202 into it broke my ladybug cover, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackup View Post
Looking good Chris! You got it going. Keep us posted with your experience.

Thanks,

Jim
Thanks for the encouragement, Jim! Apart from the wall incident I also hit a metal chair leg on landing of my v912 which sounded bad but not even a ding in the blades, thankfully :-)
SmileyChris is offline Find More Posts by SmileyChris
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:18 AM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
[QUOTE=Crackup;23936513If you can relay how you fixed yours, maybe I can figure out a way to fix my broken one.

Thanks,

Jim[/QUOTE]
jim check this out
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:22 AM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Name: tn[1].jpg
Views: 137
Size: 2.1 KB
Description:
Quote:
Alas Tony, I had the same problem with one of mine. Fortunately I have two, so I was able to use the one transmitter on both hellis. I took the broken transmitter apart and the upper post on the (starboard control stick) was missing and it was also pushed out of its cradle. I think it was damaged in shipment. I managed to get it all back together but couldn't replace the missing post. I can fly with it but no left/right movement on the helli. Got a replacement coming on the slow boat.

If you can relay how you fixed yours, maybe I can figure out a way to fix my broken one.

Thanks,

Jim
jim check this out can't get this to load properly sorry read it with a microscope.
Last edited by tonytester; Jan 27, 2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:13 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
685 Posts
Size

I am curious about the V912, for comparison, what is the main rotor diameter size ? DH 9116 is 380 mm , Walkera CB180Z is 440 mm.

Thank you
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:43 PM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Dec 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
I am curious about the V912, for comparison, what is the main rotor diameter size ? DH 9116 is 380 mm , Walkera CB180Z is 440 mm.
I measure one blade as 185mm, full rotor diameter of 395mm
SmileyChris is offline Find More Posts by SmileyChris
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:59 PM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,210 Posts
Substitute blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post

Thank you
I've used the CB180Z blades on my 9116 but switched over to the Novus 200 FP blades (part # HMXE8309) for 2 reasons. They are an exact fit on diameter (no trimming required) and more durable than the Walkera blades. The Walkera blades shattered easily if they hit anything. Both need a 5/32" drill bit to enlarge the hole for attachment. Both blades are stiffer than the stock 9116 blades if that's what you're looking for.
Don
hifinsword is online now Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:57 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Name: tn[1].jpg
Views: 175
Size: 2.1 KB
Description: try again
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:48 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword View Post
I've used the CB180Z blades on my 9116 but switched over to the Novus 200 FP blades (part # HMXE8309) for 2 reasons. They are an exact fit on diameter (no trimming required) and more durable than the Walkera blades. The Walkera blades shattered easily if they hit anything. Both need a 5/32" drill bit to enlarge the hole for attachment. Both blades are stiffer than the stock 9116 blades if that's what you're looking for.
Don
I have those 2 helicopters. Just wanted to compare the size. Rotor diameter is more reliable then fuselage length.

Walkera blades are fragile. The last time I ordered blades for my Walkera, I received 10 blades for a cheap price from China. The graphic , the same as my old blades, is not very clear, I thought they were probably copies. You know what, I didn't break a blade since that ! they can take more strike then original blades.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:13 AM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Quote:

Thank you Tony. I can't figure out a way to enlarge it or make out the writing, but I appreciate your help. I e-mailed the vendor. Maybe they will send me a new transmitter.

Thanks again,

Jim
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:08 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Thank you Tony. I can't figure out a way to enlarge it or make out the writing, but I appreciate your help. I e-mailed the vendor. Maybe they will send me a new transmitter.

Thanks again,

Jim
this should work
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:10 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
my 4 oldest kids
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:52 AM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
912 ball links

on myV 912 the links between the swash plate and the flybar swivel travel at an askew angle. if you move them to the long arms and the flybar to the short arms they then go straight , where are everyone elses links attached. thanks in advance.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:02 PM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
on myV 912 the links between the swash plate and the flybar swivel travel at an askew angle. if you move them to the long arms and the flybar to the short arms they then go straight , where are everyone elses links attached. thanks in advance.
Mine are attached to the long arms on the swash plate and the short arms on the mixer. The long arm on the mixer is then attached to the flybar. They came that way and I have not made any changes.

Jim