HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2013, 04:38 AM
East Texas
Joined Aug 2007
987 Posts
I have several 10oz tanks on 20cc gas planes and never have a problem. I think Dar has it right, that a felt klunk absorbs the vibrated fuel without the need to be immersed completely.
AA5BY is online now Find More Posts by AA5BY
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2014, 02:53 PM
Chuck it and see!
UK, Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire
Joined Sep 2006
1,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
Normally one does not use muffler pressure with a gasoline engine setup. I suggest using a three line setup for the fuel tank, one line is the fuel line, one line is for the vent and the third line is for refueling and defueling the fuel tank. I use a large loop or two for the vent line so that the fuel doesn't siphon out if the plane is inverted.

The gasoline engines use a pump carburetor so they do not need muffler pressure. You can pretty much place the fuel tank any place inside of the airplane as the pump in the carb draws the fuel for the engine and provides the fuel at a constant pressure via the fuel regulator to the engine.
I don't understand - How do loops in the vent stop the tank siphoning out when inverted?
Wing-span is offline Find More Posts by Wing-span
Old Jun 17, 2014, 03:12 PM
Chuck it and see!
UK, Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire
Joined Sep 2006
1,369 Posts
Ok Ok I asked that question before seeing those drawings. Alles klar!
Wing-span is offline Find More Posts by Wing-span