HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by DanWard, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:53 PM
Deer Park, Tx (East side of Houston)
Joined Oct 2009
150 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Sold
RTF: $175 (OBO and I will pay 50% of freight) AcroMaster 3D by Multiplex

1-24-2013 addition: I will share 50% of shipping cost. It is all boxed and ready to go.I had a lot of activity right after I posted but all needed shipping. So I accepted an offer and once I had it ready to ship the buyer backed out. I hope offering to share 50% of the freight will return the interest.

I need a winter build project. If it isn’t raining then the wind in blowing out of the north at a speed far beyond what my piloting skills can deal with. Combine that with a work week where I leave before the sun comes up and get home after it goes down.

So I figure a great solution is a winter build but the wife says there just isn’t enough room for another airplane in the space allotted for such things. And she is right. Problem is I only have a couple of planes and love them all. Long story short my AcroMaster is for sale.

Receiver ready, the following is included, add receiver and ready to fly:
•Plane: Kit Price $132.00
From the Multiplex website, “Become a 3D expert with the AcroMaster! Multiplex proudly announce the first quiet electric plane that looks and flies like a .30 size 3D balsa plane but with the durability of ELAPOR Foam construction. Designed by Aerobatic Champion Martin Muller, the AcroMaster combines the ultimate in 3D flight capabilities with Multiplex's reputation for easy to build, easy to fly and very tough foam airplanes. Whether you are looking for a Sport Flyer, a Pattern Plane or pure 3D thrills, the handsome AcroMaster will satisfy your needs.”

Model Specifications
Wingspan: 43 in.
Wing Area: 583 sq. in.
Wing Loading: 7.9 - 8.6 oz. | sq. ft.
Fuselage Length: 45 in.
Weight (English): 32 oz. to 35 oz.
Flight Characteristics: 3D, Pattern

Build Note: During build, before fuselage halves were joined, I reinforced the inside of the nose by laminating it with lite cloth fiberglass as described on RCGroups.com. As a result I have never experience any strength issues in this area.

•Carbon Fiber Landing Gear: Original Price $20.00
I did the carbon fiber landing gear upgrade as found on RCGroups.com. Before assembling fuselage you cut a channel in each fuselage half where landing gear will end up. You then take a piece of lite ply with blind nuts inserted, and glue it into this channel when gluing fuselage halves together. This embeds the lite ply and blind nuts in the fuselage. I know use Dubro plastic bolts to bolt carbon fiber gear to fuselage. It works great. Never experienced the problems that people have with stock gear.

•Motor: TR 35-42C 1100kv Brushless Outrunner Original Price $20.00
Model: TR35-42C
Input Voltage : 7.4V~14.8V (2~4S Li-po)
Kv : 1100 rpm/V within 10%
Current capacity : 45A/30s
Dimensions : 35mm X 42mm / 1.38in X 1.65in
Shaft diameter : 4mm / 0.16in
Weight : 132g
Number of poles/magnets : 14
Recommended model weight : 1000~2300g / 35~81oz
Power equivalent : .30 to .35 IC glow engine

•ESC: Plush 60amp Speed Controller Original Price $32.11
Cont Current: 60A
Burst Current: 80A
BEC Mode: Switching
BEC : 5v / 3A
Input: 5.6v-22v
Weight: 60g
Size: 80x31x14mm

•Servos: Hitec
2 @ HS-85BB Original Price $20.00 each = $40.00
2 @ HS-55 Original Price $10.00 each = $20.00
DanWard is offline Find More Posts by DanWard
Last edited by DanWard; Jan 24, 2013 at 01:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:56 PM
Greg
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Feb 2009
11 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
Acromaster

PM sent!
gregnemma is offline Find More Posts by gregnemma
Last edited by gregnemma; Jan 05, 2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:01 PM
Joined Oct 2009
150 Posts
Looks like I have a sale pending. Thank you.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:40 PM
United States, VA, Manassas
Joined Aug 2012
8 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Is this still for sale?
Hokieskins is offline Find More Posts by Hokieskins
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:13 PM
Joined Oct 2009
150 Posts
Sale fell through

Boy I really need to sell this now and get a winter build going. On Tuesday managment showed up at the office unexpectedly which is never a good thing.
Before they were done they had laid everyone but me off and told me that the office would be closed by end of the month and I would have to work from home. How long till the next shoes drops?

I previously though I had this plane sold but buyer wanted me to ship it and I had zero experience. But based on his "it is really easy, won't cost $20 or $30" I accpeted his offer.

This plane is foam, with motor and spinner removed the fuselage is almost 46" long. So I found a really heavy duty 46" long box, cut it down to 14" tall for tail height, and 24" wide for elevator span.

I dissassembled the plane and boxed it really well. I assure you it will not get damaged if I can help it.

Then I go to ship it. Due to the 46" length, a length that cannot be altered since the fuselage is one solid piece of foam, shipping is $90 to $100. This is when the sale fell apart as the buyer had no idea, nor did I have an idea, shipping would cost this much.

The result is experience. That and the plane is now disassembled and boxed for shipping.

So I am once again taking offers
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:45 PM
Joined Oct 2009
150 Posts
1-24-2013 addition: I will share 50% of shipping cost. It is all boxed and ready to go.I had a lot of activity right after I posted but all needed shipping. So I accepted an offer and once I had it ready to ship the buyer backed out. I hope offering to share 50% of the freight will return the interest.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:08 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,952 Posts
Trader Rating: 636
Hi Dan,
Is it possible to remove the elevators? Even if they're glued in, it might be to your advantage to see if you can gently remove them. Perhaps your first winter build could be an "un-build" of the acromaster . Seriously though, the girth of your package is what's killing you on the shipping. If you could get it down to something like 46x17x14, you'd be at the length+girth limit for USPS parcel post, and could ship nationwide for $27. BTW, good price, and the Acromaster looks great - really cool plane for a lucky somebody...
Best of luck to ya!
Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:23 PM
Joined Oct 2009
150 Posts
Thanks for the help. Take her apart....hmmm...maybe my winter build is put her back together and fly it like I stole it. Could be that folks don't like AcroMaster. It was a hard decision to sell. If I could I would quit my job, keep my Acromaster, and probably live longer

In Houston of all places they lay off everyone but me, close the office, tell me to liquidate all the holdings, and then work from wherever. Automation and energy engineering ...not in Houston??? Just doesn't make sense.

Sorry, obviously it was a bad day. I seriously do appreciate the help.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:48 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,952 Posts
Trader Rating: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanWard View Post
hmmm...maybe my winter build is put her back together and fly it like I stole it. Could be that folks don't like AcroMaster. It was a hard decision to sell. If I could I would quit my job, keep my Acromaster, and probably live longer
Could be. Just remember, "Happy wife, happy life." Words to live by...

If I didn't already have a million planes, I'd want an Acromaster!
J
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:34 AM
Joined Oct 2009
150 Posts
Amen to that. And she did say...so maybe...

Thanks for your comment
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:21 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Do you still have it? Pm me.

Mike
baconbutty is offline Find More Posts by baconbutty
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:14 PM
United States, TX, Victoria
Joined Jul 2012
1,079 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanWard View Post
Thanks for the help. Take her apart....hmmm...maybe my winter build is put her back together and fly it like I stole it. Could be that folks don't like AcroMaster. It was a hard decision to sell. If I could I would quit my job, keep my Acromaster, and probably live longer

In Houston of all places they lay off everyone but me, close the office, tell me to liquidate all the holdings, and then work from wherever. Automation and energy engineering ...not in Houston??? Just doesn't make sense.

Sorry, obviously it was a bad day. I seriously do appreciate the help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalexander View Post
Could be. Just remember, "Happy wife, happy life." Words to live by...

If I didn't already have a million planes, I'd want an Acromaster!
J
Dan -

If I were half the pilot that plane requires, and not so broke I can't pay attention, I'd be all over that pretty lil' bird since I'm close enough to meet ya halfway. BUT... I already have a .050 Cub that needs to be finished, which my wife bought for me... and that just leads me to my next point:

JG -

AMEN, bruddah. Every time I think of arguing with my wife, I ask myself this question: "Would I rather be right, or would I rather be happy?"

I have a wife who supports my addiction; both personally and financially. Happy wins out every time.

mnem
I've often felt that my wife is crazy to keep me; but as I am the beneficiary of said madness, I choose not to bring it to her attention.
mnemennth is offline Find More Posts by mnemennth
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:06 PM
Joined Nov 2008
9 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
I'm interested if its still available
John LaFata is offline Find More Posts by John LaFata
Closed Thread