Closed Thread
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:39 PM
southern oregon
Joined Feb 2010
52 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
Alert
Member scamming buyers...

On Oct 7 and 9 2012 Snolord advertised some motors for sale on the electric classified section. He had an Astro motor selling for $20. I advised him via PM that I wished to buy it, and would send money, and I would need a mail address as I have no pay pal. He agreed, gave the address, and I sent the funds. Oct 14, Mr Ruiz aka Sno lord, said he had received my funds and would ship the motor tomorrow.

Oct 24 I sent a private message asking if the motor had been sent, and if so, what service was used as I had not received it. He replied " I sent it USPS first class, if not received by friday let me know, I will refund ur funds. I should have bought delivery confirmation but seeing as it was a small object, well my fault. My apologies, hopefully it will turn up.....I hate the Postal service. " Angel

November 9, I sent Mr Ruiz a PM saying " Angel, I have not seen the missing Astro motor so I'm going to assume it was misplaced somewhere along the way. I think it is time to refund my funds. Thanks for your time." Angel replies, " I just don't get it, everyone else got their stuff. It is what it is. Send me ur mailling addy and I'll send funds....My apologies " Angel

Dec 18. After reading some posts by other members regarding Snolord's activities recently, and his continued buying and selling of rc parts and things, I began to get a negative feeling that he was not being truthful regarding my attempted purchase and the replies he sent to me. So I sent him a private message again and told him I had read posts by others and they were not too nice and I wrote, "Apparently you don't intend to send me my money anytime soon and you have apparently done this before. I hate to do this to another fellow machinist, but if I don't hear from you in about a week, I'm going to write you a trader rating from hell. This had been going on for more than two months and you have been purchasing other RC stuff so you are not as broke as I thought. SO.... reputation or twenty bucks, you make the decision, what's important to you?"

He replied " Randy, I already sent the 20 buck...U did not receive then just say that, please do not threaten me or my rep. Do you have a paypal acct ? I"m not sending another $20 in cash, so I will either send u a Postal money order or PP let me know which you would prefer. thnx, Angel "

January 5, 2013. Snolord has posts on Jan 1,3, and 4 regards to selling and buying. I have had no further contact from this member, or money or motor, so I have to assume he is not very legitimate in his dealings with other persons. I'm sure there are others on this site that agree and maybe some will make excuses for his behaviour but as far as I'm concerned, I waited more than enough time, and I kept my word.

Some excellent advice on this site says to go the the Postal Inspectors office and file a report for using the mail service to scam persons for money. I have kept copies of all the posts that were sent and that I quoted from that were returned by M. Ruiz in case the postal inspectors office need them, or anyone else has a dispute as to what was said during this exchange. This is written aftermuch thought and patience and only to save others any grief in dealing with Angel Ruiz, AKA, Snolord 1

Respectfully, Randy Shaw
Randy Shaw is offline Find More Posts by Randy Shaw
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:53 PM
WITCH HUNTER EXTRAORDINAIRE
USA, FL, Boca Raton
Joined Feb 2001
832 Posts
Trader Rating: 102
Not again, I would have thought that after Sno's "destroyed shed" was discovered to be his undestroyed basement of his house" along with all the other irregularities ......... he would have been a little more carefull and not try to scam people here

Randy, hopefully Sno will pay you with the money hes been making from buying and selling the last few days here, if not he should be really banned from Rcgroups . Give him the benefit of the doubt and see if he surfaces here and makes good on your deal
bushpilotx1 is offline Find More Posts by bushpilotx1
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:29 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,184 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
Oh, my, a redo of the redo.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:50 PM
Team Haiyin & Team HeliOption
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
187 Posts
Trader Rating: 82
Oh my, Will this one replace the Consta thread that ended badly for kdill? My dang Ignore list is gonna bust at the seams.

:^)
Mahu is offline Find More Posts by Mahu
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:21 PM
I like them a bit tail heavy
Carolina's
Joined May 2004
1,430 Posts
Trader Rating: 146
Rick, I hope you get your money back. Bravo to you for leaving the appropriate feedback. I guess he blew through his latest wave of "donations" like the Hurricane that damaged his shop
tdab is offline Find More Posts by tdab
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:28 PM
Krued Up
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Jul 2004
4,467 Posts
Trader Rating: 360
well Randy your MO is on its way
postal money order # 20673432663
Randy sent 20.00 cash...if i really want to rip him off i would have claimed that i never got it....i did send him 20.00 cash which he said he never recieved,anywhooo that was my mistake but he should have his funds in a couple of days.
snolord1 is offline Find More Posts by snolord1
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:34 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,184 Posts
How's the hurricane repair coming?
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:36 PM
Krued Up
Joined Jul 2004
4,467 Posts
since ive been on dissability from work,i personally did not fix anything but the landlord came over about a week after and purchased a new one and cleared the debris
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:37 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,184 Posts
And, the "shed?"

Please don't scare my donkey!
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:38 PM View Post
kdill2160
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while kdill2160 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:41 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,184 Posts
Ken, what in the world happened?

I am a true believer in "karma," and rest assured that those who do bad, will receive it, too.

My donkey has been scared many times!
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:41 PM
Krued Up
Joined Jul 2004
4,467 Posts
Last edited by snolord1; Jan 07, 2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:42 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,184 Posts
Well, one wonders if the words "postal inspector" were a motivating force?
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:54 PM
"Heli-Pimp"
McHenry, IL
Joined Mar 2003
2,943 Posts
Trader Rating: 33
The only thing I can see that happened is he did not get or check his regular email. I ship sometimes directly from PayPal, in there you can have the system send an email to the other party informing them of tracking info etc...

I never received any concerned emails from him, he never received the tracking info I sent the day of shipping, either an email screw up or something, but in the end, his package was on time, in fact I believe it's delivered today...

In the end, I embarrassed myself, he was happy with the outcome and I'm sorry for being such a hot head, I don't play well with others sometimes, spend to much time alone, that's no excuse but it is what it is...

I've never cheated anyone online, my trader record on all sites reflects this... One thing I gotta wonder is this: did even one of the "members" even bother to check my feedback before breaking out the "pitchforks"??? I think not....

All is well... Ken
kdill2160 is offline Find More Posts by kdill2160
Last edited by kdill2160; Jan 07, 2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:14 PM
Krued Up
Joined Jul 2004
4,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Well, one wonders if the words "postal inspector" were a motivating force?
And,...what was the inspector gonna do,take his word over mine?

once again,i sent him 20.00 which he says was never recieved...did i threaten him with postal inspector?no i did not,i just took it as lesson learned and gave him another 20.00
Closed Thread