SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:46 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,551 Posts
Ryan, you are plenty smart, you are the software engineer. But I guess it is a generation thing. It now seems that we can have discussions over minutia that you would think is pretty obvious or is as much as a question to another flier who has been at it longer. I mean, three pages how to rewind winch line and you have an electrically operated motor running this line in that does the job. Just seems we are wadding up life over such obvious stuff, and heck, when the line melted through your shoe and burned your foot, you would have figured out another way all on your own. LOL!

Marc
R.M. Gellart is offline Find More Posts by R.M. Gellart
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:26 PM
Turn down for what?
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
14,860 Posts
I actually didn't think of the obvious solution of the towel. And I didn't think of the obvious solution here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=19

So yes, this thread has had 3 pages of common sense (and some ideas that seem way overkill to some folks) but I know I learned a few things.

Ryan
rdwoebke is offline Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:33 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,294 Posts
It also got our attention of that other thread.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:33 PM
Turn down for what?
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
14,860 Posts
Took my winch out for the first time in 2013. Man I am rusty. I used the folded towel method to reel the winch line back in. Worked perfectly. I don't think the drill method is going to work because of the obvious issue of where the drum is and the battery is. See attached.

But I am glad the towel method worked and I thank you all for your suggestions, ideas, encouragement, discussion, etc.

Ryan
rdwoebke is offline Find More Posts by rdwoebke