Thank you!!!
DavidBrender is offline Find More Posts by DavidBrender
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:18 PM
WOS
United States, IN, Michigan City
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
What are the prices and sizes for a 500 series Heli? Always looking for servos. Hoping to do more than just hover my trex 500 as soon as the weather breaks abit and put it into a scale fuse.
WOS is offline Find More Posts by WOS
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:56 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyblaze View Post
seems like this is one of thoes "boards"
I'm actually starting to see why some forums require the first 10 posts to be reviewed by a moderator.

Quote:
Post counts dont make you cool.
No it doesn't, spammers would be the king if it did.

Quote:
And i dont get how a thread on a new product is spam, The company is trying to get its name and product out there. why is everyone so pissy about spam. Holly crap guys.
Intent. Product reviews by regular posters are actually posted on this forum *ALL THE TIME*. But the thing is, they're done by members that are on the forum regularly.

One post by a new member and it's a product endorsement. Other forums i go to would have deleted it and put the account on suspension.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:49 PM
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
I'm actually starting to see why some forums require the first 10 posts to be reviewed by a moderator.
Not a fan, a good mod force can nip aflame war in the butt, and knock spam right off the bat, im shocked that these flame wars lasted so long, with people reporting each other.

Quote:
No it doesn't, spammers would be the king if it did.
nah spammers shouldn't last that long to get a high post count before being taking care of.

Quote:
Intent. Product reviews by regular posters are actually posted on this forum *ALL THE TIME*. But the thing is, they're done by members that are on the forum regularly.

One post by a new member and it's a product endorsement. Other forums i go to would have deleted it and put the account on suspension.
i agree with you, i try to stay to the waters im used to, however was asked to give my review on this forum, never thought it would turn into this crap storm.

anyway to make a long story short im sorry for pissing in anyways corn flakes, i said this in my own thread however some individuals just wont let go, oh well better to be the bigger man.

In closing i didnt mean no disrespect to anyone, or to cause some chaos on this board. just wanted to spread some info.
joeyblaze is offline Find More Posts by joeyblaze
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:01 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,395 Posts
I don't think anybody who isn't some form of troll would think this is spam. It was a honest review and everyone was above board and reported they received the product for free for a review. They didn't promise a good review, it just happened to be good.

A few weeks ago, a certian FBL controller was released, they posted the same or similar post on several boards, that is SPAM. You may have noticed the moderators didn't kill this thread, they don't think it is SPAM either. I love RCG, other than a few trolls and some self proclaimed moderators there are some very helpful folks here.
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:44 PM
WOS
United States, IN, Michigan City
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
I personally think the servo's if any good and at a decent price is a good thing
WOS is offline Find More Posts by WOS
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:14 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
There's several other videos out there. Just google "omg servos". Looks promising to say the least.

Web site: http://www.forgues-research.com/id3.html
Video:

OMG HDT056100C Servos precision test (2 min 52 sec)
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:20 AM
Hong Kong, New Territories
Joined Aug 2012
127 Posts
Thanks, The is Leonardo Lopez's Centering test of HDT056100C.
He also have a good flight test of it!
omgsales is offline Find More Posts by omgsales
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:10 AM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vg33 View Post
Music sucked too.
Yeah, the music blows. Biggest downside to video editing software is the ability to add sound.

This is not exactly an artful ad campaign; the critical reactions of some RCG'ers is understandable. It is different when a manufacturer invites forum users to try a few sets of servos and write about or record their experiences. When the maker's buddy posts and gets an immediate attaboy from the producer it comes off as a blatant set-up.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:03 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com View Post
Yeah, the music blows. Biggest downside to video editing software is the ability to add sound.

This is not exactly an artful ad campaign; the critical reactions of some RCG'ers is understandable. It is different when a manufacturer invites forum users to try a few sets of servos and write about or record their experiences. When the maker's buddy posts and gets an immediate attaboy from the producer it comes off as a blatant set-up.
+1
If this was posted somewhere else, and had a add like Hobbycool to the first 20 to test the flybarless controller did , then i would of probably bought them.
As of now i wouldn't touch them with a 20 foot pole even if they were given to me . Bad Carma from this thread
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:02 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,685 Posts
My biggest concern is the R&D knowledge of the OMG servo manufacturer & seller.

From the thread in the link below, it is obvious that they do not understand the basic importance of bandwith and refresher rate of various servos relative to how they respond to some modern radio gear, as shown in this thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1803606

For me that puts up a BIG red flag.

I will be more impressed once they can prove their reliability over hundreds of flights by hundreds of individuals. In this case we are talking basic small servos for 450 sized helis, so the possible lack of reliability is not as critical as it would be on larger helis. Here a failed servo may result in low cost crash repair and probably not hurt anyone who may be hit by the heli due to such a failure. On the other hand if it hit an eye it could be very dangerous.

On a larger heli - 550 and up, I would not be willing to take a chance.
rotoraddict is offline Find More Posts by rotoraddict
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:30 PM
Joined Aug 2012
127 Posts
That is the flying test of RC OMG servos on T-rex 600 E
Trex 600 EFLDFC - testing the new RComg servos (3 min 38 sec)
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:31 PM
Joined Aug 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotoraddict View Post
My biggest concern is the R&D knowledge of the OMG servo manufacturer & seller.

From the thread in the link below, it is obvious that they do not understand the basic importance of bandwith and refresher rate of various servos relative to how they respond to some modern radio gear, as shown in this thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1803606

For me that puts up a BIG red flag.

I will be more impressed once they can prove their reliability over hundreds of flights by hundreds of individuals. In this case we are talking basic small servos for 450 sized helis, so the possible lack of reliability is not as critical as it would be on larger helis. Here a failed servo may result in low cost crash repair and probably not hurt anyone who may be hit by the heli due to such a failure. On the other hand if it hit an eye it could be very dangerous.

On a larger heli - 550 and up, I would not be willing to take a chance.
I don't know why you said so, anyway, you could not care about our servo, but please don't abuse it! Thanks!
I am the sales, not the engineer. Please understand that!
I know the frequency, because I can ask my enginner!
I don't want to argue with you, if you don't want to like our servo, we don't care about you!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:34 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgsales View Post
... if you don't want to like our servo, we don't care about you!
Real nice, guy. Haven't taken in a thing that's been said here, have you?
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:40 PM
My other addiction!
Marysville, Ca., US
Joined Jan 2007
1,752 Posts
Nice sales pitch! Really, telling a potential customer on an open forum "we don't care about you!" shows real class. Yeah, maybe he's giving you a hard time, but you've come on here out of the blue selling your new brand of servos, and you make statements like "the manufacturers don't care about frequencies" when talking about matching a servo to a gyro, it really makes some of us wonder if you know anything about your product or your potential market. And while your 3 minute demo above was impressive, I would want to see that same heli with 30 hours on those servos before I forego a brand name like Futaba, JR, or Hitec.
norcalheli is offline Find More Posts by norcalheli