HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:02 PM
Germany, BY, Vilsbiburg
Joined Jan 2013
11 Posts
Discussion
RC OMG High-End-Servos

Hey guys,
a new Servoproducer gave me some servos for testing on my T-Rex 450 DFC and well, I do really like them -they are much better in performance than the stock Align-Servos included in the kit.
Here´s the video of the very first testflight with mounted RC OMG servos
T-rex 450 Pro DFC - RC OMG - David Brender (2 min 7 sec)

and the Homepage of RC OMG! www.rcomg.net

enjoy it!
DavidBrender is offline Find More Posts by DavidBrender
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:08 PM
Hong Kong, New Territories
Joined Aug 2012
127 Posts
Thanks, David
omgsales is offline Find More Posts by omgsales
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:57 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
Am I the only one who see's someone join and when the first and only post is an advertisement and a link to a product the first thing that comes to mind is Hormel??
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:20 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
I notice them too, but it reminds me of the J. G. Wentworth commercial on TV. Just irritates the heck out of me.

JG Wentworth Opera Commercial Cash Now (1 min 1 sec)
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:30 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,239 Posts
Spam song by Monty Python (3 min 20 sec)
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:10 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
1,934 Posts
I don't like spam!
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Jan 06, 2013, 12:06 AM
United States, KY, Vine Grove
Joined Jun 2012
225 Posts
Music sucked too.
vg33 is offline Find More Posts by vg33
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:08 AM
Hong Kong, New Territories
Joined Aug 2012
127 Posts
why you said so ?
omgsales is offline Find More Posts by omgsales
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:43 AM
Germany, BY, Vilsbiburg
Joined Jan 2013
11 Posts
Im sorry for that, it´s true. I got these servos for free and it was settled with RC OMG that i have to do a youtube video with the testflight and than i had to write about my view about RC OMGs servos and my opinion is that they produce very good servos and when they will be available i would also spend money for these servos cause i do really like them. And your comments are not justified because i think that such a new firm like RC OMG needs to earn a chance otherwise no one would ever discover these awesome servos! I am also really looking forward to use RC OMGs ESCs and Motors. Thank you for accepting my point of view and i will definitely write more in Forums in future!
DavidBrender is offline Find More Posts by DavidBrender
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:33 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,455 Posts
Love that monty python spam bit. Havent seen it since I was a kid. I don't get the jokes at all, but the overall picture is funny to me especially with the vikings when they start singing. Anyone from over the pond care to explain the humor behind the spam? I just see the surface.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:40 AM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBrender View Post
i would also spend money for these servos cause i do really like them. And your comments are not justified because i think that such a new firm like RC OMG needs to earn a chance otherwise no one would ever discover these awesome servos!
The problem is companies that won't spend money on advertising. I'll spend my money at a business that actually buys advertising space and supports the forum and the hobby before I spend money at a place that would prefer to just stick some free spam in my face.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:47 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,455 Posts
You know, they did this the right way. If you want to score free advertising. Send some people free product who will write a review. There are many rcgroups users here who have the time and would love to receive free product in exchange for a review. I don't see a huge problem with this. Just give an honest review. And no one expects cheap servos to work like expensive ones so be fair with reviews based on price.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:19 AM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
My first question would be did they really give free servos? This is somebody who joined the forum for the sole purpose of injecting spam, and if he follows the pattern of all the other holiday spam we'll never really see any contributions from him, just 2 or 3 quick "buy my stuff" posts and then gone.
Could even be an employee for all we know - heck, could even be the owner.
Sorry, but I disagree, there's no right way to spam.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:14 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Love that monty python spam bit. Havent seen it since I was a kid. I don't get the jokes at all, but the overall picture is funny to me especially with the vikings when they start singing. Anyone from over the pond care to explain the humor behind the spam? I just see the surface.
A lot of Monty Python skits were loose parodies of comedy routines performed by others. The Spam diner was a homage to the New York diner that served nothing but burgers and Pesi, in recurring skits, performed by the original Saturday Night Live in the mid 70s. Eric Idle was a guest host of Saturday Night Live on several occasions.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Jan 06, 2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:12 PM
Quit asking ???s, get a Quark!
On a 20ft ladder with a 20ft stick beating an airplane out of a tree. In Spokane, WA.
Joined Oct 2006
713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
A lot of Monty Python skits were loose parodies of comedy routines performed by others. The Spam diner was a homage to the New York diner that served nothing but burgers and Pesi, in recurring skits, performed by the original Saturday Night Live in the mid 70s. Eric Idle was a quest host of Saturday Night Live on several occasions.
Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, Pepsi!!!
wetwolf is offline Find More Posts by wetwolf