HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:48 AM
0.9g retracts
3" from insanity, 2' from the computer ,Richford, Tioga county, Southern Tier, New York, U.S., North American Continent, Northern hemisphere, Earth, The Sol System, Milkyway Galaxy, The Universe, The Current Dimension, Your Selected Realm of Reality.
Joined Dec 2006
1,945 Posts
Question
Where to get a small worm gear.

I normally hang around the micro plane section but my latest bout of insanity has brought me here. I am trying to find gears to be able to make a set of micro electric retractable landing gear for the parkzone Ultra Micro planes (usually about a 16" wing span). Since they are electric I thought this would be the place.

Now, I have found a servo which will be donating all of its electronics and should be just the right size; but I still need to find a source for a worm gear about 1/8-3/16" diameter with a 1-1.5mm hole though the center for an axle, and a few other normal gears of various sizes. I'd prefer them to be nylon if possible.

I have tried google and not much has come up, most of what I find is for industrial purposes.

Does anyone know of any place I can purchase just those parts at a reasonable cost with a minimum order under 50?
Yellow Baron is offline Find More Posts by Yellow Baron
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:30 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
12,451 Posts
If you hang out in the Micro RTF forum, try the Search this Forum there on the word, retract.

It comes up with 7 threads that may help.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray