HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:51 AM
Scratch builder
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jul 2011
273 Posts
Cool
Just a little video edit using NEW GoPro Hero 3 Black

Check it out! Just got the newest GoPro so i had to take it out to Garden of the Gods! Very happy with the results! havent seen many hero 3's on quadcopters so i thought i would give it a go!!!
GoPro Hero 3 Black: Amazing Rock Formation Aerial Photography (4 min 13 sec)
Bixler13 is offline Find More Posts by Bixler13
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:28 AM
NJ
Joined Oct 2007
507 Posts
Nice. Seems a little too shaky for my taste though. Did you have the GoPro mounted directly to the frame without a gimbal?
FixedWing172 is offline Find More Posts by FixedWing172
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:46 AM
Scratch builder
Joined Jul 2011
273 Posts
I was seeing that too! This was my first time videoing with my quad copter so i didn't have any stabilization. I just mounted it directly to the frame. Is that the reason my video is so shaky or is it that my kk2.0 just is not tuned correctly? I'm looking to go do another flight today so I am gonna need a quick and easy way to make the video better? Thanks
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:48 AM
United Kingdom, England, Oxon
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
Nice area, don't think much of how close you are to others though.
8B17 is offline Find More Posts by 8B17
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:40 PM
Scratch builder
Joined Jul 2011
273 Posts
All of the people I got anywhere close too in this video were family/friends that were completely fine with me flying close to them. Thanks for watching
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:56 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixler13 View Post
All of the people I got anywhere close too in this video were family/friends that were completely fine with me flying close to them. Thanks for watching
I have thought the way you do in the past but there is one important thing to consider, they may be fine with it but how would you feel if something went wrong and you hit one of them?.

Accidents happen and all you have to do is look through these forums to see just how often things go wrong. All multirotors crash at some point, its not a case of if but when.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Jan 05, 2013, 05:07 PM
Scratch builder
Joined Jul 2011
273 Posts
My brother, the one who is wearing the black jacket was hit by a 12 inch apc prop at full rpm when he hit the sticks by accident. He had to go to the emergency room to get stitches on his leg. Early in my flying experiences, I launched a pusher plane and the propeller hit my hand and caused 4 deep gashes down my left pointer finger. I still have scars from this accident. Thanks for your concern! Check this video out of me crashing my FPV plane into my head! Thanks guys!
GoPro: Rc Airplane Hits Fpv Pilot! (1 min 25 sec)
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:18 PM
Joined Feb 2012
504 Posts
Killer video , keep it up .
Steve34 is offline Find More Posts by Steve34
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:14 PM
ProFester
United States, NY, Wallkill
Joined Feb 2008
184 Posts
Good stuff ,Keep flying .....always be safe ....roflmao
Fester 1 is offline Find More Posts by Fester 1
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:36 AM
United Kingdom, England, Oxon
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
My brother, the one who is wearing the black jacket was hit by a 12 inch apc prop at full rpm when he hit the sticks by accident. He had to go to the emergency room to get stitches on his leg. Early in my flying experiences, I launched a pusher plane and the propeller hit my hand and caused 4 deep gashes down my left pointer finger. I still have scars from this accident. Thanks for your concern! Check this video out of me crashing my FPV plane into my head! Thanks guys!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFCez...cUhmoQ&index=3
This just shows that flying around others is not a good idea as anything could happen it may be your fault or something that you have no control over. Not only could you damage people but you could damaged property as well.
8B17 is offline Find More Posts by 8B17
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:22 PM
Scratch builder
Joined Jul 2011
273 Posts
I understand your concern. I am sure you would have a different view on this situation if you were my age. 15 years old. Thanks for supporting
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:24 AM
United States, NJ
Joined Oct 2011
84 Posts
it is best when flying FPV to sit down. try it
countryshooter is offline Find More Posts by countryshooter
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:36 AM
Flying R/C since 1964
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Sep 2004
3,469 Posts
Quote:
I understand your concern. I am sure you would have a different view on this situation if you were my age. 15 years old. Thanks for supporting
I fail to see what age has to do with it.
kallend is offline Find More Posts by kallend
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Using a DX9 to "strobe" LED...
Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:34 PM
ProFester
United States, NY, Wallkill
Joined Feb 2008
184 Posts
I think what he is saying , he is happy that no one got hurt ( himself ) and it is funny as heck especially if your a kid . Life is short enjoy yourself. I am sure he wanted to BUZZ the tower but found out that his POV has different than reality.....opppps ,I bet it wont happen again ...lol its funny ////// Keep flying and learning have fun be safe
Fester 1 is offline Find More Posts by Fester 1
Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:34 PM
It Eats Vets
United States, OH, Canton
Joined Feb 2012
185 Posts
Quote:

I'm not your momma, I'm not your daddy. If you hurt somebody it's your problem, not mine, so I don't feel the need to be your conscious.

Nice vid. Not everyone needs to be a professional videographer and I thought the scenery was awesome.
tgreening is offline Find More Posts by tgreening