Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:21 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
[QUOTE=jlcamp7;23888956]No worries it has that and much, much, much more. This camera is incredible technology.

I am saving my pennies. This looks expensive, but also a must-have.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:45 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Sounds great. Thanks for the info and updates.

Now, if any of these flight camera can have the video quality of my iPhone. (Even if it matches the older gen 4 or 4s.) I would be in heaven. Crazy how good the premium smartphone cameras are. Even those currently sitting in my desk drawer.

This new quad and camera module sounds great though. Gotta buy just to so interest in the segment and encourage other manufacturer to step in and bring on the competition and advancements.
Haha, I agree. Ever since my iPhone 4s (now 5), I I use it for all pics and video's over my nice $300 camera. So many times I think, I wish I could just strap my iphone to my plane or quad.

However I think you will be really impressed with the quality of the x2. Below is a video of the RC Logger PRO (already available from RC Logger) on board. Check it's quality and then be reminded that the new x2 will have higher resolution(1920x1280 vs.1280x720), higher megapixels for still photography(11mp vs. 5 mp) and also 120 fps. So I think we can expect great things from the x2. Now I just hope I can afford it.

Make sure to up it to the 720P before watching.
první test kamery RC Logger PRO (12 min 37 sec)
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:51 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,166 Posts
Here's a video where Chris attached the RC Logger Pro to the dash board for a night car ride. We all know how crappy camera's get in low light situations, so it's pretty impressive to me the quality for the lighting situation.

Once again make sure you watch it in HD.
RC Logger PRO Ride at Night. (1 min 57 sec)
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:18 PM
On Banks of Current River
United States, MO, Butler
Joined Jan 2013
11 Posts
I can't wait....have to fly one of these over Current River, in the Mark Twain National Scenec Riverways...SO COOL
MoJo59 is offline Find More Posts by MoJo59
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:24 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,119 Posts
The next step is to integrate with the Oculus Rift. Check out the video here.

http://www.oculusvr.com/
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:50 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Haha, I agree. Ever since my iPhone 4s (now 5), I I use it for all pics and video's over my nice $300 camera. So many times I think, I wish I could just strap my iphone to my plane or quad.

However I think you will be really impressed with the quality of the x2. Below is a video of the RC Logger PRO (already available from RC Logger) on board. Check it's quality and then be reminded that the new x2 will have higher resolution(1920x1280 vs.1280x720), higher megapixels for still photography(11mp vs. 5 mp) and also 120 fps. So I think we can expect great things from the x2. Now I just hope I can afford it.

Make sure to up it to the 720P before watching.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LsPpTFMzKI
Hey now, the Pro is pretty cool with it's FPV usability and modules... I didn't know they carried such a cam system, and It's fine quality bodes well for the upcoming X2.
The X2 looks like a must-have with it's sick features, and will likely be priced accordingly.
So, like you guys... I better save my pennies too! oh... wait a tic, Canada is doing away with that pesky coin very soon.... better bump-it to nickles.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:46 PM
:)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
3,273 Posts
The X2 looks amazing. Definitely looking forward to seeing the output from the production version.

And thanks for the Oculus link too. The combo of these two would be mind blowing!
Soma is online now Find More Posts by Soma
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:23 AM
Norway, Rogaland, Sandnes
Joined Sep 2012
14 Posts
Will the X2 support Fatshark/Airwave channels?
macd69 is offline Find More Posts by macd69
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:41 PM
See the Fur Fly
Dayton, OH
Joined Oct 2006
917 Posts
Loved the RC Eye One. Can't wait to get the Xtreme! What an awesome followup. And the size is perfect too! The low est. price is shocking. Please move up production if you can...ha. RC-Drones, hope you got your pre-order in! The outrunning brushless motors are perfect for this because even if the props slide down, there is no rotating rubbing. It was a little pain to keep the prop clearance on the prior after a crash.

Suggestion - Different color scheme...the black is not the easiest to see.
FNFAL is offline Find More Posts by FNFAL
Last edited by FNFAL; Jan 28, 2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:33 PM
Oh No, not again!!!
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Sep 2003
552 Posts
subscribed
elimsprint is offline Find More Posts by elimsprint
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:26 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
874 Posts
Hey dudes and dudettes

Any word on the camera and quad pricing?

Tried expert mode today... Smooth flight! Touch wood!

Ayo
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:00 AM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,166 Posts
The pricing for the Xtreme is set to be between $100 - $120 but probably closer to the $120 Mark due to all the features it has. As for the camera no word on pricing yet.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:06 AM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,166 Posts
Just a heads up: Chris is supposed to be getting a new sample in today with a number of the new features included. So hopefully we will have some new pics to see very, very soon.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:04 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
It just occured to me what the Xtreme 180 shape sort of reminds me of:

Soap box derby cars.

I could just see this being the perfect quad for pylon racing. Just imagine some custom numbers being painted on the side.

variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:48 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Impressive all the way round. I had no idea when I got into quads even in the modest way I have that they could become such cash sinkholes. Ahh well, can't take it with you right...

I do like the looks of the shorter gear though, and brushless motors, I've never flown anything with brushless motors. How are they different?

Subscribed and eagerly following.

+1 for Devo support as well.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock