SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:33 PM
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Discussion
Hubsan x4 Problems

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone would have any advice regarding a problem I am having with a Hubsan X4 i got recently. Ever since first flying it, it won't hover. Whenever i press the throttle up to take off, it immediately flys off to the left hand side ( eyes facing away from me, white rotors towards me) and slightly back to the white rotors. I have fiddled with the trim in a hope to fix it, however it has not seem to have done anything. I stumbled across a post on here on resetting the accelerometer which I do, however it continues to fly away when raising the throttle rapidly to the side without any movement to the control pad. I have experienced lesser problems with RC mini helicopters however this is easily fixed with a small movement of the trim.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
jm1289 is offline Find More Posts by jm1289
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:35 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Here you go brother: Make sure to read the paragraph marked as "Additional info" You basically have to raise the quad in the direction it's drifting towards, then recalibrate. You might get lucky the first time, but It took me several tries of raising it up and down to get it real close without any trim. Make sure to do this with a full batt. It's eyes will begin to blink rapidly once the batt wears down, kinda cool.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=410

Good luck,

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:25 AM
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Thanks for the help Pat, much appreciated! will give this a shot when im home this evening.
jm1289 is offline Find More Posts by jm1289
Old Oct 07, 2014, 09:14 AM
Joined Oct 2014
1 Posts
Hubsan

Is there a way to recalibrate a motor? Blade snapped off and I put on a new blade. When I try to fly that motor/blade keeps the Hubsan grounded???
tdenoyer is offline Find More Posts by tdenoyer
Old Oct 07, 2014, 09:17 AM
Team WarpSquad
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Jan 2014
2,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdenoyer View Post
Is there a way to recalibrate a motor? Blade snapped off and I put on a new blade. When I try to fly that motor/blade keeps the Hubsan grounded???
Very possible that motor was damaged and needs to be replaced.
First check that there is nothing keeping the motor shaft from turning like fuzz, hairs or the prop guard. If all clean then the motor is bad.
The motors on these tiny quads are a bit fragile. I have gone through a few motors.
waltr is online now Find More Posts by waltr
Old Oct 07, 2014, 09:25 AM
United States, NC, Cary
Joined Sep 2014
39 Posts
Double check and make sure the replacement blade is correct. If you used the wrong one it will push air up instead of down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdenoyer View Post
gfb107 is online now Find More Posts by gfb107