Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:41 PM
P31
United States, WA, Spanaway
Joined Dec 2011
598 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King

Has anyone dealt with hobby King on defective Item's I guess it's my month to have all the problems, first with the post office and now Hobby King. I ordered a 40 Amp. applifier for my boat, It worked one day and failed, I sent a claim to HK and now here I sit, I get the old sorry we are working on it. I took pic's showing that no alterations was done, and there was no sign's of burnning or short's. Just plugged it in per instructions. I hate dealing with oversea's junk, What happened to good old usa stuff.
P31 is offline Find More Posts by P31
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:30 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela31 View Post
Has anyone dealt with hobby King on defective Item's I guess it's my month to have all the problems, first with the post office and now Hobby King. I ordered a 40 Amp. applifier for my boat, It worked one day and failed, I sent a claim to HK and now here I sit, I get the old sorry we are working on it. I took pic's showing that no alterations was done, and there was no sign's of burnning or short's. Just plugged it in per instructions. I hate dealing with oversea's junk, What happened to good old usa stuff.
There's plenty of good old usa stuff; it's just most of us don't want to pay for it, myself included.

here you go:
http://www.espritmodel.com/castle-cr...hless-esc.aspx

These are made here in the good ole usa.
knock yourself out. it's $110 plus shipping vs. the $15-$20 overseas junk.

That being said, as for HK, keep bugging them. They'll come around, it just takes some persistence. They'll eventually want you to send it end, then you'll end up waiting a good 3 months or so before they give you a store credit for the item minus shipping.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:07 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
One look at the vendor section will show plenty of complaints on defective items. I'm guessing it will be difficult to prevail on any PP complaint since you received the item and it was in working condition, then stopped working after you used it. I don't mean in any way that you did anything to it, or that it's your fault, it's just that the item was used. Perhaps you can ask for a partial credit?

As for the overseas "junk" and your question regarding good ol USA stuff, well, some of it is here. If you are willing to look hard for it, and pay for it, they you will find it. Most want the best deal possible, hence all the overseas vendors. Want top notch service, items, and shipping? Get the wallet out. Horizon, Head Up RC, Hobby Lobby, Atlanta etc etc, they are out there. Oh, but most of their stuff is made overseas.

Check Altitude Hobby as well as Value Hobby for future purchases (in addition to those other top notch service providers).

FYI this will probably get moved to a more appropriate forum, Vendor talk.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:07 PM
P31
Joined Dec 2011
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
There's plenty of good old usa stuff; it's just most of us don't want to pay for it, myself included.

here you go:
http://www.espritmodel.com/castle-cr...hless-esc.aspx

These are made here in the good ole usa.
knock yourself out. it's $110 plus shipping vs. the $15-$20 overseas junk.

That being said, as for HK, keep bugging them. They'll come around, it just takes some persistence. They'll eventually want you to send it end, then you'll end up waiting a good 3 months or so before they give you a store credit for the item minus shipping.
I dident want a ESC, this is a audio amp. and it was not cheap $80.00 bucks. But thanks for your help.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Amp as in music amp? Don't know about boats...
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:57 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,826 Posts
Quote:
I dident want a ESC, this is a audio amp. and it was not cheap $80.00 bucks. But thanks for your help.
awwww....is it this one:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._TBS_Mini.html

Well, if you paid paypal, the only other option you have is to put a dispute in if you haven't gone beyond 45 days. That will at least get their attention and get them to work with you faster. Oh, but yea...porcia's got a point, it was delivered, used and it stopped working. If I was the vendor, I'd be like...Who knows what you did to it. by the read on that page, it looks like this thing is pretty fragile and will die instantly if plugged in wrong.

but hey, it's worth a shot. Either that or keep hitting up HK...like I said, they'll require you send it in, then they'll probably get you store credit.

The other route is to check and see who the manufacture is and return it to the manufacture direct. I read here where a guy tried in vain to return a fatshark fpv glass and finally got in touch with fatshark and they sent him a new one.

I hope you get it sorted out.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Last edited by rcalldaylong; Jan 04, 2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:09 PM
P31
Joined Dec 2011
598 Posts
I think everybody is right, its the price we pay. I'm just going to order a kit from a place in Calif. and do it my self. Sorry if I got on the wrong place to talk about this.Thanks guy's
Gary
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
No prob, this forum gets more exposure and as such, maybe better ideas on how to resolve.

I'd still go with the PP complaint though....