SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:24 PM
Joined Sep 2012
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by natscape View Post
Does the upper left button of the 929 TX work to change the rates on the 959 board?
Also, would you happen to know how much the 959 RX board weigh?

Thanks!
sorry I don't have a scale, and my v959 fell out of the air today, and now it just flips over when I try to take off So I cant test the rates with the v929 tx... hopefully FyreSG or jameschen072 can help you out
username2620 is offline Find More Posts by username2620
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:35 PM
Joined Sep 2012
201 Posts
the damn thing just fell out of the sky today, and now it just flips over when I try to take off.. the lipo was charged, and all the motors still work.. I'm guessing the gyros failed, because the quad doesn't fall straight down like it lost power.. it flips end over end like its trying to recover not a good sign for a week old quad... oh well, ordering a new receiver board now.. and the wait begins..

WL Toys V959 fail :-( (1 min 24 sec)
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:00 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,747 Posts
Ohh, that looks bad. At least the stuff is cheap. If it hovers sometimes and others not, it must be the board. Could be worse....could be an MQX with a $60 board!

I have one on the way, hopefully mine does not do this, or WLtoys is going to have some work to do to regain our confidence. Right now I have several and LOVE WLtoys products and plan to buy several more. Right now I have a V911, V949, a V959 on the way, and would like a BNF V929 if it does NOT autolevel.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:09 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,352 Posts
I have a V929, V939, V949, and V959. ALL of them "autolevel". The difference is the distance they take to autolevel. The earliest batch of V929 that some believe does not autolevel is false. It just takes a longer distance to do so.

Extracted from my review in Jun 2012 (post #1, section "Flight Experiences"):
Quote:
It is able to automatically level itself when you stop giving it stick movements but it is comparatively slower than the V911. If it needs to be stopped or slowed down, you should apply the opposite stick movements early.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:13 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,747 Posts
Yeah, even my MQX seems to level out a bit slowly if it's not leaned way into the direction I am flying into. Strange, I thought it could not tell what level is and none of these boards have accelerometers. The 929 is the most acrobatic tho, right? I want to try one with my 9x radio but looking for a real cheap deal!
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:17 PM
Joined Apr 2012
5,352 Posts
The V929 is the most nimble of the lot. If you wish to fly it fast, it is the one to go for. That said, I don't think V949 is very far behind. It's gonna be difficult to search for the batch of V929 boards that provides the acrobatic performance that you want.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:23 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
The V929 is the most nimble of the lot. If you wish to fly it fast, it is the one to go for. That said, I don't think V949 is very far behind. It's gonna be difficult to search for the batch of V929 boards that provides the acrobatic performance that you want.
And that's why I have not bought one. I hear the newer revisions do not fly like an MQX while the older ones do.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:06 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by username2620 View Post
the damn thing just fell out of the sky today, and now it just flips over when I try to take off.. the lipo was charged, and all the motors still work.. I'm guessing the gyros failed, because the quad doesn't fall straight down like it lost power.. it flips end over end like its trying to recover not a good sign for a week old quad... oh well, ordering a new receiver board now.. and the wait begins..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HGAPFfteGQ
I have a lot of flights on my v929. I have experienced similar symptoms in the past. If I dump it on the blades I have to 'gap' each one so that they turn freely.

If not it's possibly a bad pcb component.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is online now Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:47 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,747 Posts
What do you mean by "gap" the blades. I'm clueless here.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:58 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
What do you mean by "gap" the blades. I'm clueless here.
I think he raises the blade so it is not rubbing motor.
Have you Checked for poor solder joints, bad wire connections, and hair or lent under blades?
Hellysmack is online now Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:59 AM
Ukraine, Crimea, Bakhchysarai
Joined Mar 2012
1,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I made a short aerial video of my V959 flying through a heritage site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-a1YcrDwyY
this time some shake and jello is present. Did you damage your gears?
asanovrus is offline Find More Posts by asanovrus
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:04 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Could be worse....could be an MQX with a $60 board!

That is why I donít own one!
Hellysmack is online now Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:32 AM
Joined Sep 2012
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
I have a lot of flights on my v929. I have experienced similar symptoms in the past. If I dump it on the blades I have to 'gap' each one so that they turn freely.

If not it's possibly a bad pcb component.

regards . . . g
I know what you mean about the v929 gears, if they don't turn freely, I clean them out with a old toothbrush, and then trim away any dinged plastic in the gear teeth.. but my problem here is definitely the board.. I took the time to remove all the booms from v959 and put them on my v929 and fly it just to rule out motor, gear, or prop issues...

I sensed something was going on with the quad the day before, because I wasn't able take off smoothly like normal.. I had to slowly increase the throttle to take off, or else the quad would flip.. FyreSG said his v959 does it also, so I just figured it was just an annoyance I would have to deal with... I'm glad I was flying low when the board went, so no other parts of the quad were damaged...
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:32 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovrus View Post
this time some shake and jello is present. Did you damage your gears?
The jello occurred when the quad was shaking badly due to the sudden gust of wind. The video was fine in the other scenes. I didn't manage to break anything as I flew my quad gentle and slow for the past few videos. I didn't have the chance to fly it like what I did with my V929 or V949. All my V959 flights were for video recording and if I had flown it fast and furious (which may lead to a crash), I'd be nauseated during video editing!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:09 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,782 Posts
I know this maybe OT but...
So ... i finally managed to do it...
i fitted an 808 #16 v2 camera on my v929 together with the fpv kit and kept it all down to 83g!! i get around 8-10 mins of stable flight...

I finally got to maiden her tonight, but it was just after sunset and quite blustery and windy... the gws props helped alot.. infact u can hear the wind on the onboard mic...

Also it was just after sunset so not the best time to test the camera...

The camera is storing video in HD onboard and has live video out for FPV.

It is a great micro AP and FPV platform.

I have already flown it around 330 meters far around 200 meters high... and around 800 meter round trips....

v929 micro quad FPV and HD video recording with an 808 #16 v2 (0 min 0 sec)

since u guys are talking about micro AP and im hoping to put this setup on the v959... i thought I would post it here as well
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow