SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:03 PM
Joined Dec 2012
66 Posts
I would say something might be wrong with your camera. There is no mic and other footage I have seen look better...
Tomofono is offline Find More Posts by Tomofono
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:20 AM
Joined Sep 2012
201 Posts
Fyre, my mic works, here are pics of my cam

http://i.imgur.com/hSPac.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rsf5X.jpg
username2620 is offline Find More Posts by username2620
Last edited by username2620; Jan 07, 2013 at 05:42 AM.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:42 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,108 Posts
Thanks for the photos! I spotted the mic in the first photo, the black circular component at the bottom left corner. And when I checked mine, it's just an empty space!

Argh.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:52 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Thanks for the photos! I spotted the mic in the first photo, the black circular component at the bottom left corner. And when I checked mine, it's just an empty space!

Argh.
Sounds Confirmed, that yours is defective if a part is missing and they can check the thread as proof.
Call them if they sent you a new camera then you could compare videos with it.
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:00 PM
Joined Apr 2012
5,108 Posts
I made another video.

WLtoys V959 @ Downtown Singapore & Resorts World Sentosa (8 min 25 sec)
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:21 PM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,165 Posts
Nice, Thanks

That does look like a steady platform.
What format are you using to send to YouTube?
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:39 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Thank you I realy enjoyed that

What kind of program do you use to edit your movies.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:26 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,292 Posts
Great video Fyre, Very well made and the scenery makes me miss Singapore so much! Really need to go there again someday :P
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:29 PM
Joined Dec 2012
66 Posts
I don't need shoes, I need quad copter buddy!
Tomofono is offline Find More Posts by Tomofono
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:57 PM
Joined Apr 2012
5,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartricky View Post
Nice, Thanks

That does look like a steady platform.
What format are you using to send to YouTube?
It is definitely more steady than my last attempt fitting a 808 cam on a V929. I used the "Youtube HD" profile: MP4 container, with H.264 encoding, 720p, 25fps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellysmack View Post
Thank you I realy enjoyed that

What kind of program do you use to edit your movies.
Openshot for video editing. It works seamlessly with Blender for the 3D text you see at the start, as well as Inkscape for other 2D text effects (but I haven't use any yet). I'm an open source guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Great video Fyre, Very well made and the scenery makes me miss Singapore so much! Really need to go there again someday :P
Thanks. If you happen to drop by (it's just a 6-hour flight from Beijing!) let me know. I'll bring you around. I miss the cold weather of Beijing. I was there last October and I really like the 10 deg C weather. But the haze is not good for flying toys, and our health too.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:54 AM
Singapore
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Memory card

Hi, FyreSG, you had done many excellent reviews including this one, I enjoy very much reading them and learn a lot from you, keep it up.

May I know :

1) What is the biggest capacity of SD (micro or standard SD?) card this V959 camera will support ? Stock SD card is 2GB ?
2) Does the camera share power from the same battery of the V959 ?
3) Does the transmitter turn on/off the camera or just able to start/stop recording, does it take still picture and will the still picture having higher resolution ?
4) The camera is fixed focus or can be changed by adjusting the lense manually ?

Thank you very much.
lonepilot is offline Find More Posts by lonepilot
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:36 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,108 Posts
Thanks for your compliments.

1. I have not tried a 32GB micro SD card but so far I've tried a class 4, 8GB one and it worked. However, the video was jerky. I'm not sure if jerky video was caused by a "slow" micro SD card, or because it was "too large". I may need to do more tests.

2. Yes, the camera saps power from the main battery. The camera is on the moment power is connected to the quad. There will be a green LED when it has power. It changes to red when it takes a photo, and blinks in red when it is recording a video.

3. The camera is always on. The photo quality is the same quality as a single video frame. The video encoding is Motion JPEG, if you wish to take a photo, perhaps it is a good idea to extract it from the video. That way, you can choose the frame you want.

4. Like all keychain cameras, the focal length of the lens cannot be adjusted. But you could adjust the camera angle. For scenery shots, I rotate it to point forward (parallel to ground). For shots of the crowd or ground scenery, I rotate the lens downwards by one "click". Each time you rotate the lens up or down, it clicks and holds at that position.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:05 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,185 Posts
Thanks lonepilot for the good questions
Thanks FyreSG for the good information

From what I have read the faster the SD card the better the results.
I have played with a key chain camera on a park zone champ and my 450 heli and what a pain.
I find myself more interested in the V959 because of how easy you make it look to use.
I got my V939 Last night and have 6 flights on it, I hope I can get use to this tiny TX. you say the V959 did bind to the V939 TX so that tells me it could be more than likely be bound to a 9X.. for just flying without camera. I like compatibility and flexibility, so seriously thinking of making this my second Quad.
Do you know of any links to a good free download for video editing programming?
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:32 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,697 Posts
Doesn't windows movie maker come free with os?
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:12 AM
Ukraine, Crimea, Bakhchysarai
Joined Mar 2012
1,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellysmack View Post
Thanks lonepilot for the good questions
Thanks FyreSG for the good information

From what I have read the faster the SD card the better the results.
I have played with a key chain camera on a park zone champ and my 450 heli and what a pain.
I find myself more interested in the V959 because of how easy you make it look to use.
I got my V939 Last night and have 6 flights on it, I hope I can get use to this tiny TX. you say the V959 did bind to the V939 TX so that tells me it could be more than likely be bound to a 9X.. for just flying without camera. I like compatibility and flexibility, so seriously thinking of making this my second Quad.
Do you know of any links to a good free download for video editing programming?
Video editing is not really related to the topic but let me advise AV Linux that already has plenty of video/audio editors including nonlinear KDENLive (my favorite even though older versions I used were not very stable). You can run AV Linux live (not installing, just booting from DVD disk) or if you don't want to try new OS you can install KDENLive on any Linux(in Ubuntu or Debian just tipe: sudo apt-get install kdenlive and that's it). For Windows users I can say: I forgot about virus/antivirus problem, fragmented disks, registry problems since I moved to Linux and now when I see Windows it annoys me
asanovrus is offline Find More Posts by asanovrus
RCG Plus Member