Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:56 AM
Hutch
United States, Mt, Bozeman
Joined Jan 2012
309 Posts
Discussion
NGH GF38 38cc 4 stroke

Has anyone purchased one of these?
Looks just like a scaled up surpass but much larger!

Maybe hobbyking will make them easily available sometime in the near future?

http://www.himodel.com/engines/NGH_G...ol_Engine.html
hutchinstuff is online now Find More Posts by hutchinstuff
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:09 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,470 Posts
There is a thread about them on that other forum you can peruse.

You should be able to get them via Agape Racing and Hobby and AMR-RC too. AMR has them listed already, but Agape hasn't yet so you'd have to call them about ordering one.

Several people have bought and used them so far. The engines run fairly well. But they aren't as powerful as the two stroke engines though. But so far all of the existing four stroke engines I looked at have the same issue of being a bit anemic in that sense. But the NGH engine doesn't cost an arm and a leg to find that out like the other engines do. But the engine does have a nice sound being a four stroke.

The only issue that some people are having is that the engine does not come with a muffler. It does have a short exhaust pipe, but that is a bit thin and may not hold up well if you just clamp on a muffler. So if you need a muffler you'll have to make up something for it to work. Maybe a high temperature silicon or viton tube sleeve with a can muffler of some sort. But since the engine has a more pleasant four stroke sound to it that is less annoying than the two stroke engines, the lack of a muffler may or may not be a issue.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by earlwb; Jan 04, 2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: add more information
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:26 AM
Hutch
United States, Mt, Bozeman
Joined Jan 2012
309 Posts
Thanks earl... you have all the answers!
..got my 30cc weed eater running yesterday, it came in a little heavy however... 4+ lb with the prop on. it stinks to tune the thing, as the swinging prop gets in the way of the needles!
hutchinstuff is online now Find More Posts by hutchinstuff
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:21 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,470 Posts
Nice going on your engine conversion.
Yeah I have been there and done that too on those needle valves. Sometimes you can turn the carb around and have the needles in a better place then too. But then sometimes you have to get creative on getting the crankcase pressure line to match up again too. That is where the pulses are routed into the carb's pump via the base mount. I have seen some carbs that had a groove cut into them for it and others that used a odd grooved base gasket too.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My homemade Hexacopter build