Closed Thread
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:52 AM
Mike
United Kingdom, England, Thurstonfield
Joined Feb 2012
80 Posts
Question
Gaurdian: I do not have a 3 position switch

I have just bought a second hand FunCub my second plane. I trained myself on a hawksky and I am moderatley proficient after 10 months with the Hawksky. I am a bit reticent about flying the FunCub so I purchased a second hand plane and decided to buy the EagleTree stabiliser, my thinking is I need some help and even if I do crash the plane at least it is only second hand. Anyway I have set up the system on the bench with a lot of help from this forum and it is working perfectly as far as I can tell.
My Question is this.
I only have a 5 channel Hitec optic 5 tx with a Gear/Cut button giving me 2D
and 3D switching through the mode input. Without a center "0" switch I cannot disable stabilisation on the ground easily. From the manual I understand that I must center all the pots to do this.
I also understand from the manual that in order to reset trims and level flight that this must be done with the stabilisation disabled.
Is their any way I can electricaly switch the receiver output to the gaurdian mode input to achieve this ie make the servo output from my receiver to the mode input "open circuit" would this acheive a center switch position.

I would then close the switch and have normal 2D/3D switching in flight.

Any advise would be appreciated

Thanks

Mike

Sorry this question posted twice by mistake
METATRON12 is offline Find More Posts by METATRON12
Last edited by METATRON12; Jan 04, 2013 at 07:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:48 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,920 Posts
HI Metatron,

That's an interesting problem, since your radio has only one extra channel. Normally this problem could be "solved" by having 1 switch for the gain, and one for the mode, and having gain switch set so that you can reduce the gain to zero at a certain switch position.

One possibility would be to leave the mode set in 2D (no mode connection to Guardian and set default mode to 2D), and use the switch for gain control. Of course, this would eliminate 3D mode access. Please do ground checks if you try this to make sure things are working as you expect. Also, you may want to post your question here, where it will be seen by more Guardian users who may have better suggestions.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread