HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:44 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
JohnathanSwift's Avatar
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpm76 View Post
Agreed, I'd rather ask a dumb question then make a stupid mistake and burn my house down lol
And your underwriters thank you!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:54 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpm76 View Post
Ok I think I'm on to it now, just a quick one though, am I better to lower the end current % and end voltage to say 4.15 volts and keep it as close to 4.15 volts standing charge or raise the end current % to say 30% and leave the end voltage at 4.2 volts which in theory would fall back under 4.2 volts standing and result in a quicker charge time?

I feel the first option would be better for the packs as they would never go over 4.15 volts but would be slightly slower?

Ps I'm not worried about a slightly slower charge time, I'm just trying to get my head around this, sorry for the endless dumb questions

Cheers Justin
Let's assume that the end result will be the exact same resting voltage. I think that your way is "safer" and "easier" on the packs. Surely it is slower.

I charge with the exact opposite settings because I am in a hurry. I allow the termination voltage to go higher and end the charge at a higher current. It is also less accurate.

I was not aware that the % end had that kind of range. That's a good thing. I may get one of these yet.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:57 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
JohnathanSwift's Avatar
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulio View Post
Let's assume that the end result will be the exact same resting voltage. I think that your way is "safer" and "easier" on the packs. Surely it is slower.

I charge with the exact opposite settings because I am in a hurry. I allow the termination voltage to go higher and end the charge at a higher current. It is also less accurate.

I was not aware that the % end had that kind of range. That's a good thing. I may get one of these yet.
If you don't want a computer interface it's a peach!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:18 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Feb 2013
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulio View Post
Let's assume that the end result will be the exact same resting voltage. I think that your way is "safer" and "easier" on the packs. Surely it is slower.

I charge with the exact opposite settings because I am in a hurry. I allow the termination voltage to go higher and end the charge at a higher current. It is also less accurate.

I was not aware that the % end had that kind of range. That's a good thing. I may get one of these yet.
Wait and see what few more people chime in with, I know the end charge voltage goes upto 50% not sure how far it comes down under 10% and at what increments.

I'm very happy with my charger so far, I got a 24v 60 amp power source to go with and it works awesome, no need for a computer interface for me as the screens have all the info very clear and visible, I imagine some other computer charges that only have limited screen size would benefit from a pc interface though.
Jpm76 is offline Find More Posts by Jpm76
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:08 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
JohnathanSwift's Avatar
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,141 Posts
It's not information one is after but an easy way to make or modify presets. A computer is the most practical means of doing it. The duo is very burdensome.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:17 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Hmm, I don't want a pc interface. At least not to do every day items. So are peaches good or bad?
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:38 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
JohnathanSwift's Avatar
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,141 Posts
If you don't need or want the interface for rapid modifications
The peaches are good.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:42 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Is this charger realy over $300? I heard the roomers but I just had to see if anyone realy pays that much?
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:21 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
JohnathanSwift's Avatar
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
Is this charger realy over $300? I heard the roomers but I just had to see if anyone realy pays that much?
I bought two to go with my two pl 8s!

It's no rumor, it's fact.

If you can't pay, don't expect to play.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:27 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
WOW! I thought my Freewing SU35 was expencive! My 6 cell charger cost me $45.00 and it charges just fine!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:29 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
JohnathanSwift's Avatar
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
WOW! I thought my Freewing SU35 was expencive! My 6 cell charger cost me $45.00 and it charges just fine!
If you ain't got the do, re, mi....

By the way, it's not $300, it's $350 at a minimum.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Last edited by JohnathanSwift; Feb 10, 2013 at 07:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:01 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Feb 2013
12 Posts
Now that have one I don't see the cost as being to high, it's much quicker (especially with para boards) because of its capacity, very easy to use and you get all the needed features to look after our packs and keep an eye on the individual cells so you know what state your packs are in.

So I see it as more of an investment of sorts
Jpm76 is offline Find More Posts by Jpm76
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:16 PM
Registered User
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpm76 View Post
Wait and see what few more people chime in with, I know the end charge voltage goes upto 50% not sure how far it comes down under 10% and at what increments.

no need for a computer interface for me as the screens have all the info very clear and visible, I imagine some other computer charges that only have limited screen size would benefit from a pc interface though.
That's not true all at. In the case of Revo's CCS it has many more features than just providing a larger screen. For example, all the presets can modified, saved, and loaded to the PC file system using the CCS software. The CCS also provides real-time graphing, firmware upgrades, displays firmware version history, etc.
Ohmic is offline Find More Posts by Ohmic
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:50 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Feb 2013
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmic View Post
That's not true all at. In the case of Revo's CCS it has many more features than just providing a larger screen. For example, all the presets can modified, saved, and loaded to the PC file system using the CCS software. The CCS also provides real-time graphing, firmware upgrades, displays firmware version history, etc.
As I stated in the post you quoted, no need for pc interface for me, I've had the Hyperion 720duo with pc interface and while you could set and customize things as well as graph and save, I didn't use it at all but it did make it easy to read battery stats etc, whereas for me the icharger has what I used readily available on screen
Jpm76 is offline Find More Posts by Jpm76
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:53 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
JohnathanSwift's Avatar
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpm76 View Post
As I stated in the post you quoted, no need for pc interface for me, I've had the Hyperion 720duo with pc interface and while you could set and customize things as well as graph and save, I didn't use it at all but it did make it easy to read battery stats etc, whereas for me the icharger has what I used readily available on screen
Well, here's the deal, and no less than everyday appears to agree, for those of us who do use multiple presets there is only one rational way to do it, with a computer.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article iCharger 4010Duo - Review CSpaced Batteries and Chargers 186 Jun 11, 2014 10:08 AM
Question What else has Jack been hiding from us? Newtron North Coast Electric Flyers 2 Mar 05, 2012 10:09 PM
Suggestion How do I know if my warning point has been retracted AndyOne Site Suggestions / Complaints 2 Mar 05, 2012 08:21 AM
Sold message has been deleted sonicboom24 Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 0 Feb 22, 2012 12:34 PM