SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:12 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Was there a difference? I didn't see any after the upgrade. The charger continued to work flawlessly for our needs. I was able to bypass the balance board and plug directly into the charger (2S car packs don't have a traditional balance plug) which made wiring a lot less convoluted. Worked perfectly.
Most obvious to me is the number of lipo cells in the upper part of each display.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:16 AM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,003 Posts
EP Buddy.com
The Tug is offline Find More Posts by The Tug
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:19 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,184 Posts
Somewhat steep learning curve on this one Brazilian dude, but the display is gorgeous!
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:03 PM
Brazil, São Paulo, São Bernardo do Campo
Joined Aug 2007
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Somewhat steep learning curve on this one Brazilian dude, but the display is gorgeous!

talking about me?
Jonnydb is offline Find More Posts by Jonnydb
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:27 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnydb View Post
talking about me?
Yup. If.you buy one, be ready....
Old Feb 09, 2013, 01:46 AM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Feb 2013
12 Posts
Parralel charging questions

Ok so I've just got my charger and ep buddy paraboard v3, I've hooked up 4 2s lipos with the leads and balance leads connected, should I be reading 8 cells on the voltage screen or still only 2, I'm only seeing 2 but thought I may have it wrong as I thought 8 would show up?

Cheers Justin
Jpm76 is offline Find More Posts by Jpm76
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:13 AM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpm76 View Post
Ok so I've just got my charger and ep buddy paraboard v3, I've hooked up 4 2s lipos with the leads and balance leads connected, should I be reading 8 cells on the voltage screen or still only 2, I'm only seeing 2 but thought I may have it wrong as I thought 8 would show up?

Cheers Justin
Only 2 as same cells from each pack are connected in parellel on the paraboard.
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:29 AM
Norway
Joined Jul 2008
55 Posts
Quote:
I found it pretty intuitiv, a lot easier to get going than my PL8. There are advanced featuresvto play with, but to just start charging you dont even need to open the manuall
Felborn is offline Find More Posts by Felborn
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:25 AM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Feb 2013
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjs View Post
Only 2 as same cells from each pack are connected in parellel on the paraboard.
Thanks for that I wasn't sure but now I think about it since there in parallel it's stands to reason.

Also when charging say 4 packs, 5000mah at 2c (40amps), if one pack was slighly more discharged, towards the end of the cycle would it receive 40 amps or because there all in parallel would the higher volts of the other 3 packs act as a charger and bring the lower voltage pack up to the same level as the higher 3?

Another question, I can't work out what charge end current is, it's set as default 10% but not sure what it does?
Cheers
Jpm76 is offline Find More Posts by Jpm76
Old Feb 09, 2013, 05:58 AM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, CPH
Joined Aug 2012
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpm76 View Post
Thanks for that I wasn't sure but now I think about it since there in parallel it's stands to reason.

Also when charging say 4 packs, 5000mah at 2c (40amps), if one pack was slighly more discharged, towards the end of the cycle would it receive 40 amps or because there all in parallel would the higher volts of the other 3 packs act as a charger and bring the lower voltage pack up to the same level as the higher 3?

Another question, I can't work out what charge end current is, it's set as default 10% but not sure what it does?
Cheers
Hi

There is NO difference in voltage of the cells and packs because they are parallel. The current when you are charging is shared among the cells / packs in the way that the pack/cell with lowest internal resistance draws more current than the one with high internal resistance.

When you couple packs or cells in parallel you equalize the voltage over them, - so for at short period if pack voltage differs when you connect them in parallel then the pack with highest voltage charges the other pack(s) very quickly.

Cheers

C
Cavokk is offline Find More Posts by Cavokk
Last edited by Cavokk; Feb 09, 2013 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Language
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:21 AM
Joined Aug 2007
44 Posts
Quote:
Yup. If.you buy one, be ready....
yes i know! i was watching this charger since april of last year when was announced. mainly of features like 40A /70A of discharger.

and now is time to buy one
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:24 AM
Joined Aug 2007
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felborn View Post
I found it pretty intuitiv, a lot easier to get going than my PL8. There are advanced featuresvto play with, but to just start charging you dont even need to open the manuall

Yup, looking the display looks easy compared of mine Turbo 35 GFX
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:26 AM
Joined Aug 2007
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tug View Post
EP Buddy.com

thanks Dude!

and about hobbyhut? is recommended?
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:00 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
WOW! this charger is REALY EXPENCIVE! Although I have the funds to buy this if I wanted to, I dont think I would spend this much on a charger of any kind.
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:35 AM
F3P, Slap, IMAC, Helis
Joined Jun 2007
286 Posts
Its cheaper then buying 2pl8 so In retrospect its not that bad considering your get 2pl8s in it one
Bubba Gump is online now Find More Posts by Bubba Gump