Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by freechip, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:29 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,538 Posts
Discussion
Get Help by posting your SPM File

This thread is to allow members to post their SPM file in order to get help from me or others who are subscribed.

Once you no longer need help your post may/will be deleted to keep this thread short and simple.....

Quote:
This thread is privately moderated by freechip, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Feb 20, 2014 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Updated Delete warning
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2014, 08:08 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,538 Posts
Start & Stop Sequencer for Sound Module

@ tclaridge - Ok here is what I got so far based on the info you provided me this model file should get you going in the right direction.

Download/Copy the .SPM file to you SD Card and import the file to your Up-To-Date transmitter. Once you have done this Power Cycle the transmitter, it's important to do so in order the the sequencer to properly take hold in the Airware Tx.

Now go to your Servo Monitor screen and pay attention to what the throttle channel does.

With Sw.G (Throttle Hold/Cut) in Pos.1 the Throttle Stick has no control over the throttle channel. Now toggle Sw.G to Pos.0 (Throttle Cut Off) what you will see is the throttle channel from -100% jump to -90% for brief moment (Sound Module Start) then after delay the throttle channel will jump to -80% (motor idle) and you now have control of the throttle channel via the Throttle Stick.

For Sound and Motor shut down you can lower the throttle channel to low position which is still -80% (motor idle) or leave the throttle stick at higher position this will not affect the outcome of the sequencer's action which will briefly go to -90% for the Sound Module shut down sound and return to idle at -80% and after a delay it will then finally go to -100% (Motor Off).

Now IMO this is what you were looking for or at least will get you going on the right track...

I have one concern and that is the need for a "real" Throttle Cut in the event you need to quickly shut down the motor from spinning. IMO you should consider using a switch in the Throttle Cut menu as a MASTER OVERRIDE sort of speak..

Now all you need to do is play with the TIMING of the sequencer in order to have it all timed properly for Start/Stop and motor idle.

The way I would proceed is that you will notice that the timing of the sequencer right now is set for 5 seconds each direction. What I would do is set the sequencer just a second or two longer then what it takes for the starting and stoping sounds to take for example.

If the Start Sound takes 5 seconds set the Sequencer Start direction for 6sec.
Same for Shut down, if it takes 3 or 4 seconds then set the other sequencer direction for 4 or 5 seconds.

Cause then to fine tune where the actual motor starts spinning at this point you adjust by moving the trigger points in the actual sequencer for the proper direction of the sequencer.

When you look at the sequencer you will notice that S1B has steps created, the first when following the timeline is the Sound Start bump followed by the motor idle. Similar graph for the shut down.
Old Aug 07, 2014, 11:47 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,894 Posts
This is exciting. I will try it tonight. I am going on travel for a week, so I may not be able to verify on the airplane until after Aug 15.

Thanks so much for the work on this. Once I get this working, I will let Andy know too, because I am trying to make Horizon realize how cool a sound card is for big electrics.
tclaridge is offline Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old Aug 07, 2014, 11:54 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,538 Posts
All thats left is fine tuning with the timing NONE of which I could do for you not having similar sound module.

Like I already mentioned after adjusting overall sequencer timing to get the motor to start on time it will be a matter of adjusting the sequencer kick points. The value 0,1,2,3,4.

Once you have everything a YT video similar to what my NOW friend Doug did when he contacted me for help goes a long way showing what you can do with these new transmitters with sequencers.

Doug wanted a multi-motor start up sequence.
B-17 030413A (6 min 49 sec)
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:37 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,894 Posts
freechip, your solution for the sound system engine timing is brilliant. With just two mixes, and one sequence, you provided a way to perfectly time the required sound system initialization. And you also maintained the throttle cut feature using a mix!

Bravo!
Old Aug 17, 2014, 11:42 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,538 Posts
Great, I take it it's working out for you.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 12:30 PM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Jan 2012
917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaridge View Post
freechip, your solution for the sound system engine timing is brilliant. With just two mixes, and one sequence, you provided a way to perfectly time the required sound system initialization. And you also maintained the throttle cut feature using a mix!

Bravo!
@ tclaridge. please post your SPM file once you get all the calibrations done for the MrRCSound system.

Carlos
czorzella is offline Find More Posts by czorzella
Old Aug 17, 2014, 01:23 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,894 Posts
Yes I will post the SPM for Airplane 1 (Lycoming) on MrRCSound. It will be calibrated for the CarbonZ Cub which has an Eflite ESC. The settings on the mixes will vary with the brand of ESC, and the timing on the sequence will depend on the motor sound used. For example, the Lycoming coughs to life in about 2 seconds, but the Merlin spins up for about 6 seconds. More to come . . .
Old Aug 20, 2014, 01:18 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,894 Posts
Almost There . . .

freechip, I am working on the calibration and need some help with my setup. I have documented what I believe to be all the settings necessary: Mix 1, Mix 2, and Sequence 1. Everything seems to be working except the wide open throttle setting seems to go to 120% instead of 100%. On your SPM file, it works properly, and the max throttle only goes to 100%.

What am I missing?

PS Your solution is brilliant. I would have never solved this one on my own.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 01:27 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,538 Posts
If you look at my SPM file you will see I have limited the Throttle Travel using the A.B.S function of the transmitter.

Quote:
PS Your solution is brilliant. I would have never solved this one on my own
Not having a unit to work with made it harder but I enjoyed the challenge. Really glad it helped you out.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 01:40 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,894 Posts
Ah ha, missed that. That did the trick. Thanks again.
Old Yesterday, 08:55 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,894 Posts
Final solution for sound card timing calibrated for an E-flite Carbon Z Cub. Works just awesome.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=767