SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 03, 2013, 05:31 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jul 2002
121 Posts
Discussion
Where to buy this type of retract gear

Hi

Am building a motoglider and want to install a retract UC similar to this.I only need the nose wheel assembly.

I thought it was by Lindinger but I contacted them and it is not theirs.

Does anyone know what these are or where I could get them or similar ones. I require it take a wheel from 45mm min to max 70mm. The model will weigh 7lbs max.
Thanks
clive_fox is offline Find More Posts by clive_fox
Last edited by clive_fox; Jan 03, 2013 at 06:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:49 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,785 Posts
Quote:
I only need the nose wheel assembly.
Do you mean you only need a single wheel retract ?, if so does this help -

HobbyKing - HobbyKing Retract system for Gliders (0 min 15 sec)

Or do you mean you just need the steerable nose gear ?. If so try the HobbyKing site, just type, retract, in the search box.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:57 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jul 2002
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflightray View Post
Do you mean you only need a single wheel retract ?, if so does this help -
Or do you mean you just need the steerable nose gear ?. If so try the HobbyKing site, just type, retract, in the search box.
Yes as I said I only require the nose gear assembly – not steerable. It is for a semi scale RF5B Sperber which is a monowheel motorglider. A similar video is where I saw it with the name Lindinger but it is not theirs.

The Hobbyking one is not suitable as it is plastic, has a weight limitation and does not extend down far enough for my model. All the similar glider ones also do not go down far enough either which is why I want to use a nose gear assembly which I can build in to emulate the scale position but not necessarily the action of the real one.
Last edited by clive_fox; Jan 04, 2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:46 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,785 Posts
Often a nose wheel retract is just like the mains, but with steering. Can't you use a standard retract ?

There are also the electric retracts, (servoless), might be worth having a look though.

Any thing here -

http://www.nitroplanes.com/relage.html

http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/aeroon...cts_25_46.html

http://www.stevewebb.co.uk/index.php...del+Aeroplanes
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:23 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jul 2002
121 Posts
A standard retract with a straight leg has no offset. I want something like these as they have a trailing fork, angles down, that emulates the semi scale action that I am after. I know I can get 1/4 scale ones for the RF4 but these are too big for my model as it is approx 1:6.5 scale

Thanks anyway
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:37 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,785 Posts
One last try

Try a Google Images search on - scale model landing gear

It pulls up a load of images of landing gear, you may spot something that's usable, the picture will links to a site that may be a supplier or name who's they are.

Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:58 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jul 2002
121 Posts
Thanks

A bit more searching found these which is what I am after. They are by Dreamworks and it takes a 57mm wheel. Now to find an servoless retract to put it in