HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:40 AM
Once you taste flight...
United States, VA, Fort Belvoir
Joined Dec 2011
2,774 Posts
I only wish I was flying R/C during my trips to the sand box and the highlands. Would have given me a lot more to do for sure. Still have a chance to get deployed, but with where I am now it is very doubtful.
skydvejam is offline Find More Posts by skydvejam
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:04 AM
sKrude up, Rejected!
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenatorLTFO View Post
Are JR receivers negative shift? if so, I can probably round up a few.
JR same as Spektrum - 2.4ghz
DogFly. is offline Find More Posts by DogFly.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:52 AM
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Aug 2012
948 Posts
Shipping to Afghanistan must be horrible. Is there a central receiving place here in the states that can go through all the donations, repackage as needed and then maybe get a military hop for shipping? I've got several 40 sized planes that I'd love to get rid of, but I can't pay for shipping all of it. I'm sure there are lot's of people that would be glad to donate if there wasn't any hassle or further expense.

You need some volunteers with big trucks to drive routes from Chicago, Dayton, Phili, Orlando, Dallas etc to collect RC club gathered donations some time in Feb or March. Which should give enough time for a July 4th delivery date target.

This could be the perfect kind of thing that the big companies love to sponsor. After the final sorting and packaging, they would be glad to kick in what ever areas need more of like glue and field equipment etc.
jwellsy is offline Find More Posts by jwellsy
Last edited by jwellsy; Jan 17, 2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:10 PM
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Apr 2007
830 Posts
Shipping is way easy, none of that complicated driving around is needed. Use parcel post no need for priority. All the pkgs we get are through the USPS. The post office ships them all to New York where they get put on an USAF bird that comes here. I just got a pkg from Heads Up RC yesterday it took 6 days total to get here from Florida. We can't fly nitro birds here, so were just focusing on sailplanes due to simplicity and ease of maintenance. Just PM me if any one has any questions or concerns.-Guy
rsrguy3 is offline Find More Posts by rsrguy3
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:39 PM
Black_Beard
USA, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Jan 2010
71 Posts
Hey

I just got back from Bagram , I was there at the DFIP. We had some guys send some cool stuff out to us to. Get with the MWR and they will help you out they set us up with the gym on Tuesdays so we could fly micros.
Black_Beard is offline Find More Posts by Black_Beard
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:29 PM
Joined Jan 2004
281 Posts
11 dollars
rand24 is offline Find More Posts by rand24
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:08 PM
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Apr 2007
830 Posts
Ya we'll be getting w/MWR as soon as we get some things together and rolling.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:37 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
316 Posts
can you use an eflite lp5dsm 5 channel tx?
its basically a heli tx (LP=low power i found out so wont work on planes/300 foot range)
beercandan11 is offline Find More Posts by beercandan11
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:59 PM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2007
484 Posts
I have a busted Parkzone T-28. After the most recent crash, I "decommissioned" it. But still has the servos, needs a lot of glue. (no motor or ESC, although perhaps I can find something).
I also have a Spektrum RX that I was not positive about, so I decided not to sell it. I no longer fly Spektrum.
I vaguely remember that I might have another fuse also.

I also have lots of spare HobbyKing junk - wires, hinges, etc. When I was getting started, I bought more than I needed.

I will look into boxing it up when I get home. Worst case, I may have to pull out the elevator.
Reegor is offline Find More Posts by Reegor
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:24 PM
Semper Fragosus
United States, IL, Lindenhurst
Joined May 2012
139 Posts
Micro- heli?

I am fixing up an MSR. You guys want any small indoor heli's? If I can get it going, I would be willing to send it RTF with charger and batteries. You guys deserve every nice thing we can do for you.
jackcutrone is offline Find More Posts by jackcutrone
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:32 AM
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Apr 2007
830 Posts
The JR radio high start and other goodies just arrived. Were waiting for some gliders to make it here so we can start! Thanks guys.
Last edited by rsrguy3; Jan 23, 2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:44 AM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Good luck to you rsguy, I remember having competitions on base with crappy Air Hogs Havoc Helis and some cheaper foam flyers, I could only imagine how much fun having REAL hobby grade stuff will be.
sleepysleeper is offline Find More Posts by sleepysleeper
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:29 PM
UH-60 Blackhawk Mechanic
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Feb 2004
2,865 Posts
i am headed out your way next month. i have a gentle lady glider I would gladly donate. we take our own planes so I can pretty much bring whatever I want along. Hell, I would bring my fpv quad if I wasn't afraid of it getting messed up. PM me and we'll see if I am headed to your fob or if I can get a flight to you.
helifrek is offline Find More Posts by helifrek
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:48 PM
sKrude up, Rejected!
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
I have an older Pz Spitfire on the free classifieds nobody has claimed yet.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1816091
DogFly. is offline Find More Posts by DogFly.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:49 PM
United States, UT, Ogden
Joined Apr 2007
830 Posts
I'm happy to report we now have 3 radio's in country, two just made it in from Michigan, thanks! Were waiting for airframes now, any busted stuff will do, we'll just fix'm here so if you have ugly broken but repairable gliders give us a heads up and we'll get you an address to ship them to.-Guy