SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by DamonH, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:56 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,125 Posts
Build Log
Sapac 70mm Viper Jet

I've started another winter project. This is the Sapac 70mm Viper Jet that will be equipped with Hitec servos (HS-5065MG and HS-65MG). I am also installing the scale Sapac air retracts/brakes and scale Sapac struts. So far I've prepared both wings to accept the ail/flap servos and retracts. I've mounted 3 of the 4 (waiting on an order) wing servos onto the servo covers. I still need to do a little work on the strut area to make it where it will fit the trailing link when the retract is in the up position. I think I'm going to be beefing up the nose retract mount as well because when I was pre-drilling (by hand) for the mount screws the thin stock ply mount cracked and some of it actually fell off. I will probably build it up with some 1/4" ply. I did a dry fit of everything to check out the AOA when it is sitting on the ground and at looks as if the 1/4" ply wont give it too much AOA, it might actually set it where it really needs to be. As you can see from the profile pic the nose seems to sit a little low any way.
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Last edited by DamonH; Aug 07, 2013 at 10:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:10 PM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,514 Posts
Nice gold/black verison. I'm building a white with red trim version. Thinking of using hs-65hb servos (originally HXT900s but decided not to cheap out). How are the 65MGs? Do they center well? That's my major concern for not using MG servos.
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:56 PM
Joined Oct 2011
3,125 Posts
Yeah, they center well. I'm actually using the 5065's for most surfaces and a 5085 for the elevator.
Old Jul 09, 2014, 06:05 AM
United States, SC, Hilton Head Island
Joined Jan 2013
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
Yeah, they center well. I'm actually using the 5065's for most surfaces and a 5085 for the elevator.
Will other struts and retracts work in this jet? Suggestions?
bulldog2012 is offline Find More Posts by bulldog2012
Old Jul 09, 2014, 06:46 AM
Joined Oct 2011
3,125 Posts
I'm sure you could find different struts that would work but I haven't been able to find different retracts that would work without some modification. There is another Sapac Viper Jet thread that someone used different retracts but he had to mod his... The biggest issue is the depth because of the thin wings...
Old Jul 09, 2014, 09:24 AM
Joined Jan 2013
155 Posts
Thanks really want the Sapac but don't want a problem trying find parts.
Old Jul 09, 2014, 09:55 AM
Joined Oct 2011
3,125 Posts
Efflux RC has been saying for a long while that there is eretracts in the works for the viper....
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:59 AM
Joined Jan 2013
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
Efflux RC has been saying for a long while that there is eretracts in the works for the viper....
Thanks, spoke to gary. He had a set but didn't want to take his backup set for one of his planes. Still looking if anyone knows of any..... thanks