Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by hpapilot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:25 AM
Oly crap.. Deese ease not gud!
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
Discussion
Friday Morning F3P Contest

Hey guys,

Friday morning before the main E-fest event begins, we will be holding an F3P contest. We'll likely start the contest at around 8am and fly about 3 rounds before the E-fest event setup begins. Due to time constraints, we will fly only the current F3P-AP sequence. We will use contestant judging, so all of the pilots will judge all of the other pilots, and your scores will come from your peers. We've used this format at previous contests and it works out very well.

This will be a fun contest in a great facility. Ceiling height and flying space will not be an issue here! If you've flown F3P-AP before, we better see you there. If not, this will be a great contest to jump into the class!

Please post here if you'd like to compete. Since the E-fest event won't be officially open, only pilots flying in the F3P contest will be allowed in the building. No spectators or open flying will be allowed.

Hope to see you all there!

RJ
hpapilot is online now Find More Posts by hpapilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:34 AM
Late
Lebanon, OH
Joined Oct 2003
301 Posts
I will be there!

I also have a back-up F3P plane to offer if anybody wants to fly but does not have a plane to participate with, just let me know.
Hubb is offline Find More Posts by Hubb
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:59 PM
Joined Sep 2006
178 Posts
Im in too. Also another backup plane is here if anyone else needs one.
scottiesoccer1 is offline Find More Posts by scottiesoccer1
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:15 PM
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Aug 2012
826 Posts
Could someone explain what F3P is?
jwellsy is online now Find More Posts by jwellsy
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:15 AM
Late
Lebanon, OH
Joined Oct 2003
301 Posts
F3P is a recognized classification of the FAI (International Air-Sports Federation) www.fai.org

the FAI is basically a governing body for air sports such as full scale aerobatics, aeromodeling, ballooning, skydiving, etc. And most international competitions adopt thier standardized rules and scoring for thier events.

F3P is the designation for Indoor electric aerobatics and is the format that we will use at the efest contest. This covers both Sequence flying and Aeromusical (Pattern and Freestyle)

due to time constraints and interest we will only be flying the highest level class of pattern for this contest, although there are designations for sportsman level (beginer), Intermediate and advanced.

here is a further breakdown of the FAI classifications for aeromodeling:

http://www.fai.org/downloads/ciam/ciam_classes
Last edited by Hubb; Jan 07, 2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:22 PM
Team Futaba
Rochester New York
Joined Oct 2004
947 Posts
Hey guys just wanted to post up the aresti for anyone who wants to give it a go..

also courtesy of Dave Lockhart we have a video demonstrating the flight.
2012 FAI AP13 For HEF Geneva F3P (2 min 44 sec)
Devin McGRath is online now Find More Posts by Devin McGRath
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:41 PM
Late
Lebanon, OH
Joined Oct 2003
301 Posts
Count Brian Sanik on the list of pilots, I will make sure that he has a plane to fly
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:12 PM
FLY FREE
chicago
Joined Jul 2008
151 Posts
Count me in as well.

Patric.
Rcflying boy is offline Find More Posts by Rcflying boy
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:54 PM
Durham NC
Joined Jul 2004
3,667 Posts
If someone films it I'll edit and post on FlightPass. We don't arrive until Friday afternoon.
fmidgett is offline Find More Posts by fmidgett
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:08 AM
Joined Feb 2009
29 Posts
I'm a little disappointed in it not being open to spectators. I had planned on being there.
Tseres is offline Find More Posts by Tseres
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:40 AM
Futabaman
Joined Nov 2004
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpapilot View Post
Hey guys,

Since the E-fest event won't be officially open, only pilots flying in the F3P contest will be allowed in the building. No spectators or open flying will be allowed.

Hope to see you all there!

RJ
Actually, if anybody wants to spectate they can. It's open, in that respect. You won't be allowed to bring planes or pit accessories into the building till the event is set up though.
Frank Noll is offline Find More Posts by Frank Noll
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:59 AM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmidgett View Post
If someone films it I'll edit and post on FlightPass. We don't arrive until Friday afternoon.
I bought my wife a good camera so I should get some good video for you.
Mike
Fancyfoam
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:53 AM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
It would have been good to know this event was open for spectators. It is undoubtably the pinnacle of indoor aerobatics and, big bias here, I was in town by Friday PM and would have loved to watch this event.

Perhaps next year? Or maybe a couple of flights long demo session during the Saturday flying?

Regards

Dereck
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:15 AM
Late
Lebanon, OH
Joined Oct 2003
301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dereck View Post
It would have been good to know this event was open for spectators. It is undoubtably the pinnacle of indoor aerobatics and, big bias here, I was in town by Friday PM and would have loved to watch this event.

Perhaps next year? Or maybe a couple of flights long demo session during the Saturday flying?

Regards

Dereck
Hi Dereck,

I believe the intent is not to keep spectators away, but that the efest is not yet officially open to the public. Understand that the efest staff is setting up the pit tables and vendor areas behind us as we are competing. Due to limited time we start early in the a.m. and are finished by early afternoon. That is not to say that we did not have a few spectators, if you are interested in F3P aerobatics I encourage you to make the effort to attend or be part of the event.

We are incredibly grateful to Frank allowing us to have the time and hosting us as venue space is very difficult to find for these contests.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:41 AM
Late
Lebanon, OH
Joined Oct 2003
301 Posts
Unfortunately I did not get a picture of the final scores, but I will do the best from memory - if I am incorrect then correct me please:

1st place down to 10th:
Devin McGrath
RJ Gritter
Dave Lockhart
Mike Hubbard
Clay Wheaton?
Chris Gini?
Ben Batts?
Patric Hruswicki?
Brian Sanik
Scott Barnhart

and just a few pictures that I took: