HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:02 PM
Registered User
Phoenex's Avatar
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Jul 2005
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
Blossee,manufacturing process can very greatly between the different types of foam and the finished products weight,density,rigidity,and flexibility etc. This is way off topic but z-foam and epo are different types of foam .
I own Multiplex (Elapor foam), Parkzone (Z-Foam), GWS (EPO version foam) and Electrifly (AreoCell Foam) all of these foams are all a type of EPO foam. They may have a custom mix for each manufacturer but are much the same.

I have been flying the 26 oz Parkzone Typhoon3D park flyer for many years. The VisionAire at 43.7 oz is NOT a Park flyer according to the AMA. The VisionAire should be grouped in with the 10-15 size electric planes and not flown in parks.

I would like to know if Parkzone is going to offer a Plug-N-Play version? The Rx, battery and charger total $196.97 so Plug-N-Play for $103.02 sounds right, right?
Phoenex is offline Find More Posts by Phoenex
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:06 PM
Registered Crasher
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Feb 2011
2,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
Blossee,manufacturing process can very greatly between the different types of foam and the finished products weight,density,rigidity,and flexibility etc. This is way off topic but z-foam and epo are different types of foam .
Except park zone planes are made in the same factories that make all the other EPO planes (dynam and FMS for certain make some of them). Do you really think the mfgr is going to use entirely new equipment just for one OEM?

Of course not. EPO is EPO is EPO. Call it what you want (elapor, z-foam, yadda, yadda), but I haven't seen any EPO that wasn't high quality stuff from any manufacturer. The only thing they change is the molds.
jtaylor996 is offline Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:14 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Red Flyer's Avatar
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
1,089 Posts
Sub'd
Red Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Red Flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:15 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,252 Posts
We have no plans for a lower completion level of the Visionaire. If we did, the lowest it could be is BNF Basic since AS3X is central to the experience.

I doubt you'll have any trouble flying the Visionaire in the local park environment. It's not a high speed airplane so it won't really have the energy to cause concern.
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:15 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,226 Posts
C'mon HH slap that new RX in a Beast about the same size as this or in between this and the Edge QQ and peoples faces would explode!
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:35 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
C'mon HH slap that new RX in a Beast about the same size as this or in between this and the Edge QQ and peoples faces would explode!
Ditto!! I'd love one the same size as the QQ Edge and/or a park flyer size!!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:37 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
verticalspark's Avatar
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
C'mon HH slap that new RX in a Beast about the same size as this or in between this and the Edge QQ and peoples faces would explode!
This!!! I will be back in 10 months looking for some new planes and I always have at least 1 horizon park size. Now its a P-51 with a power 25 on a 3s. I think that if I went 4 the plane would explode
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Trinidad Scorpion
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:02 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2006
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor996 View Post
Except park zone planes are made in the same factories that make all the other EPO planes (dynam and FMS for certain make some of them). Do you really think the mfgr is going to use entirely new equipment just for one OEM?

Of course not. EPO is EPO is EPO. Call it what you want (elapor, z-foam, yadda, yadda), but I haven't seen any EPO that wasn't high quality stuff from any manufacturer. The only thing they change is the molds.
False.

PKZ airplanes are made in a factory that only does work for Horizon.
Ryan Smith is offline Find More Posts by Ryan Smith
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:04 PM
Registered Crasher
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Feb 2011
2,226 Posts
But, but, but, butt. The internets say otherwise!
jtaylor996 is offline Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:11 PM
Registered Crasher
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Feb 2011
2,226 Posts
Still, though, why is there such an enormous difference in quality on some models? P47 being perfect, F4U-1A being, well, lets just say I regret that purchase. Aside from the retract issue, the paint doesn't stick to the foam, and the mold on the hinges is way off. Wouldn't the molding and paint be at least be consistent?
jtaylor996 is offline Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:16 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Get Real's Avatar
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,993 Posts
Thanks,i stand corrected on the EPO discussion. I'll rephrase.. manufacturing processes can give the same TYPE of foam different qualities for the final product.
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:07 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,681 Posts
ParkZone VisionAire AS3X (5 min 32 sec)
YIPPY YIPPY KI A
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:04 AM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Bowerz's Avatar
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
Bit late to the party...
Bowerz is online now Find More Posts by Bowerz
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:33 AM
Registered User
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,681 Posts
[QUOTE=Bowerz;23727070]Bit late to the party...[ U R sooo right ,,found vid .posted THEN went back to finish reading thread,,,,NEXT page saw same vid,,,,TO LATE.........LOL
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:43 AM
Registered User
Phoenex's Avatar
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Jul 2005
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
We have no plans for a lower completion level of the Visionaire. If we did, the lowest it could be is BNF Basic since AS3X is central to the experience.

I doubt you'll have any trouble flying the Visionaire in the local park environment. It's not a high speed airplane so it won't really have the energy to cause concern.
I am quite surprised. You look to be making two big mistakes. Good Luck!
Phoenex is offline Find More Posts by Phoenex
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Parkzone's New Habu 2 EDF ChuckTseeker Foamy EDFs 4309 Today 06:05 AM
For Sale New Parkzone S.E.5a w/ AR600 Rx - LPU Kevinfred Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jul 12, 2012 12:26 AM
Sold New Parkzone S.E.5a w/ AR600 Rx - LPU Kevinfred Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jun 23, 2012 09:10 AM