HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:16 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlif View Post
How do you know I do not own one? Just as amazing that you think you know what I own because my review is not "glowing". It does most things fine, but it would gain by being lighter than what it is currently in stock trim.
I'm with turner on this one. It seems to fly just fine 3d!
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Last edited by zmonster97; Feb 13, 2013 at 04:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:23 PM
J. Titors Gr Gr Grandpappy
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
1,943 Posts
It'sa floatah
Sonofagun is offline Find More Posts by Sonofagun
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2x0
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:50 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,063 Posts
Quote:
this plane has a wing loading that is a bit high. anything QQ touches is usually rubbish, this is another nail in the coffin.

Shrug.

Guess you need to go buy something more your style, then.
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:26 PM
lownslow
United States, FL, Cape Canaveral
Joined Nov 2011
335 Posts
Quote:
this plane has a wing loading that is a bit high. anything QQ touches is usually rubbish, this is another nail in the coffin.
You better have a darn quick hammer cause you aint gonna find any on the shelf to nail down!!!
windrnone is offline Find More Posts by windrnone
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:31 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,458 Posts
Quote:
You must have been the most unluckiest guy there is. How many QQ airplanes do you own, because in my book, when QQ touch something, he can usually make it better. I guess he may have made some bad ones, but didn't find one myself yet (and I own MANY QQ airplanes)
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:34 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrnone View Post
You better have a darn quick hammer cause you aint gonna find any on the shelf to nail down!!!
WOOT WOOT --LOL -- you just scored a NAIL in ONE...............
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:37 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
You must have been the most unluckiest guy there is. How many QQ airplanes do you own, because in my book, when QQ touch something, he can usually make it better. I guess he may have made some bad ones, but didn't find one myself yet (and I own MANY QQ airplanes)
I betcha he has EXTRA 300,,,and LIKES IT
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:44 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,063 Posts
Quote:
this plane has a wing loading that is a bit high.
WING LOADING
sq/in oz sq/ft oz/sqft
539 43.70 3.743 11.7 PZ Visionaire
537 42.12 3.729 11.3 PA Bandit
375 33.00 2.604 12.7 3DHS 42" Slick
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:38 PM
mdv
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2009
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
WING LOADING
sq/in oz sq/ft oz/sqft
539 43.70 3.743 11.7 PZ Visionaire
537 42.12 3.729 11.3 PA Bandit
375 33.00 2.604 12.7 3DHS 42" Slick
and I thought the Slick was ok at 3D
mdv is online now Find More Posts by mdv
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:34 PM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
695 Posts
Next weekend

Can't wait! Next weekend I'm picking up my new VisionAire and DX8. Already have six new 2200 packs ready to go. Should be a good addition to my 3DHS 40" EPP Edge and 48" EPP Extra 330. Three good practice planes to get me ready for my 30cc Aero-works Freestyle Extra 260 and possible 91" Extreme Flight Extra 300. Now I know why so many people have so many planes in their hanger.....it never stops! Money tree is bare! Love this hobby!
RC_Feen is offline Find More Posts by RC_Feen
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:03 AM
United States, CA, Yorba Linda
Joined Sep 2011
179 Posts
Got the VisionAire a few days ago and have 30 flights on her. This plane is amazing! My hovering is getting lower and lower everyday. No issues with the plane so far.
minizoom is offline Find More Posts by minizoom
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Real Estate Aerial Video
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:12 AM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Agreed. UMX Beast 3d, LOVE it, have two of them... Edge QQ, have one, QC issues were NOT QQ's design faults! LOVE it. Carbon-Z Yak, LOVE IT, Visionaire, LOVE IT. I see a trend developing...

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:17 AM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkeyMonk View Post
Sorry, I've gone away from this thread. I have two questions though --- since I'm getting ready to buy this plane or the EdgeQQ.

1. How tough is it to remove and reinstall the wings? The Visionaire wingspan is wider than my car's interior so no detachable wings, no dice.

2. Has anybody dopplered a top speed for the Visionaire? Just curious, really. I've read reports of the EdgeQQ up to about 45 mph.
So I have both planes and this boils down to 2 things. How good and what style your flying is, and how much space you have to fly in. The Edge QQ is NOT an easy plane to fly, I'm actually super surprised it doesn't have AS3X in it but since it's so small it's definitely not as stable as larger planes or even the UMX planes with AS3X which are smaller. That being said, it's very fast and responsive and allows you to do some serious flying in a relatively small place (think large parking lot or good size park, baseball field, etc). The Visionaire is a MUCH more stable plane and slows down even more than the much smaller Edge QQ... If you are a master at 3D, and need a really small plane to fly hardcore in small areas, the Edge QQ is probably a good choice, but if you are relatively new to 3D or just want an easy to fly plane with amazing wind tolerance and super stability yet the ability to fly hardcore 3D, the visionaire is the way to go. As someone said before, the wings come off with 1 screw in each wing and 1 screw on the receiver bay cover, and basically you need to fish the wire up to the Y splitter. I just keep a pair of long hobby style tweezers in my flight box, not remotely difficult to grab the wires from the wings with them and pull them up so you can plug them in...

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:20 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
912 Posts
AR635 Gain adjustment

Hi all,

just have started to study my AR635 manual and confused reading only Mode 1 and Mode 2 stick movements. What about Mode 3 and Mode 4 users ?
-
It seems that I have to switch from Mode 4 (mine) to Mode 2 for gain adjustment, isn't it ? is that mentioned in the manual ?- I haven't found it up to now.
-
Dave and Seth from Horizon Hobby, what do you mean ?
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:24 PM
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
Hi all,

just have started to study my AR635 manual and confused reading only Mode 1 and Mode 2 stick movements. What about Mode 3 and Mode 4 users ?
-
It seems that I have to switch from Mode 4 (mine) to Mode 2 for gain adjustment, isn't it ? is that mentioned in the manual ?- I haven't found it up to now.
-
Dave and Seth from Horizon Hobby, what do you mean ?
Suggest drawing your own chart just focusing on Aileron/Elevator/Rudder/Throttle directions/positions.
The Rx does not know what mode Tx is generating the signals.

David
dribbe is offline Find More Posts by dribbe
Site Sponsor