SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:35 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfaringdreamer View Post
Regarding the clear hatch, he states In that video: "It's clear so it enables the gyro to work effectively. It has to be clear so the gyro can see what's going on around it and make adjustments accordingly."

Is that true? Is there an optical sensor on the AR635?

I get the feeling this guy doesn't know what he's talking about.
LOL, I can't believe he said that, but he did, with a straight face. LOL
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:35 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
..as mentioned thousend times- we need a Beast in 280 size like the Edge 540QQ
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:51 PM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
LOL, I can't believe he said that, but he did, with a straight face. LOL
Maybe he edited the video. But I did not hear him say that. He was pointing to the the rx and said something like "this is the device that has the gyros and asx ...blah". And said this is the clear plastic cover. I may have missed it, but I did not hear anything on seeing around corners and such. I think he was trying to talk and work at same time, so maybe a few words mixed up. But good job on it.
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:56 PM
Smasher of foam
United States, OH, Stow
Joined Sep 2012
252 Posts
Sorry, I've gone away from this thread. I have two questions though --- since I'm getting ready to buy this plane or the EdgeQQ.

1. How tough is it to remove and reinstall the wings? The Visionaire wingspan is wider than my car's interior so no detachable wings, no dice.

2. Has anybody dopplered a top speed for the Visionaire? Just curious, really. I've read reports of the EdgeQQ up to about 45 mph.
FunkeyMonk is offline Find More Posts by FunkeyMonk
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:58 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjs View Post
Maybe he edited the video. But I did not hear him say that. He was pointing to the the rx and said something like "this is the device that has the gyros and asx ...blah". And said this is the clear plastic cover. I may have missed it, but I did not hear anything on seeing around corners and such. I think he was trying to talk and work at same time, so maybe a few words mixed up. But good job on it.
1:25 into the video.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:02 PM
Fly Every Day
United States, FL, Sebastian
Joined Apr 2001
801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkeyMonk View Post
Sorry, I've gone away from this thread. I have two questions though --- since I'm getting ready to buy this plane or the EdgeQQ.

1. How tough is it to remove and reinstall the wings? The Visionaire wingspan is wider than my car's interior so no detachable wings, no dice.

2. Has anybody dopplered a top speed for the Visionaire? Just curious, really. I've read reports of the EdgeQQ up to about 45 mph.
Don't buy this plane if you are looking for a fast plane. That's not what It's all about. What is it with speed that is so fascinating? I am interested in the incredible way it flies and it will not win any races. So what?
pmmartin is offline Find More Posts by pmmartin
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:06 PM
Joined Sep 2009
33 Posts
this plane has a wing loading that is a bit high. anything QQ touches is usually rubbish, this is another nail in the coffin.
fastlif is offline Find More Posts by fastlif
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:11 PM
Fly Every Day
United States, FL, Sebastian
Joined Apr 2001
801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlif View Post
this plane has a wing loading that is a bit high. anything QQ touches is usually rubbish, this is another nail in the coffin.
Obviously you haven't tried it. Amazing how people form an opinion based on how they feel without even trying it. Go figure.
pmmartin is offline Find More Posts by pmmartin
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:18 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkeyMonk View Post

You'll basically have to unfasten a screw and detach the aileron lead from the Y connector. Not a huge deal. The biggest difficulty is fishing the aileron wires through the fuse as the RX sits a few inches above where the aileron wires enter the fuse and the space is tight.

This isn't a fast plane. If that's what you want then this isn't it.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:21 PM
Joined Sep 2009
33 Posts
How do you know I do not own one? Just as amazing that you think you know what I own because my review is not "glowing". It does most things fine, but it would gain by being lighter than what it is currently in stock trim.
fastlif is offline Find More Posts by fastlif
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:23 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
How do you know I do not own one? Just as amazing that you think you know what I own because my review is not "glowing". It does most things fine, but it would gain by being lighter than what it is currently in stock trim.
Seems fine to me. What flight characteristic makes you feel this way? I'm not doubting you at all... just curious as to what you don't like about how it flies?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:28 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Sep 2005
1,015 Posts
Trainer?

Even though the VA is a 3D plane, after flying it and seeing how stable it is, I'm thinking that on low rates it might make a good trainer with an instructor and buddy box. I used to recommend a larger trainer like the Apprentice or Sensei so we could train in higher winds (ie, more available time for flight instruction), but I'm guessing that the VA will handle winds as good or better than those. The old "bigger flies better" may not be completely true when you factor in AS3X. Thoughts?
TexasFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TexasFlyer
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:51 PM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
Quote:
anything QQ touches is usually rubbish, this is another nail in the coffin.
I humbly disagree.
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:53 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFlyer View Post
Even though the VA is a 3D plane, after flying it and seeing how stable it is, I'm thinking that on low rates it might make a good trainer with an instructor and buddy box. I used to recommend a larger trainer like the Apprentice or Sensei so we could train in higher winds (ie, more available time for flight instruction), but I'm guessing that the VA will handle winds as good or better than those. The old "bigger flies better" may not be completely true when you factor in AS3X. Thoughts?
I think this would be a pretty good trainer plane but I haven't really done any basic circuits with it yet (pretty much went straight to huckin' the thing) so I don't know how floaty it is. I'd also need to flip it over to low rates and see how docile she is that way but I'm GUESSING that you are probably right... this could be a very nice trainer plane on low/sport rates.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:14 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFlyer View Post
It probably wouldn't be a bad trainer, like turner said, but I think the new Hobbyzone Glasair Sportsman would be a much better trainer! It is a high wing with tricycle landing gear, and it has that "virtual instructor" training technology. Which has a 2-axis gyro, sort of like as3x, but 2-axis.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97