HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:19 PM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Aug 2010
999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
CHECK OUT THIS KRAZZY GUYhttp://youtu.be/5Nb1hGmGmyU

Isn't moisture and electronics a risky combination?
I would think that something could easily short out.
flydown is offline Find More Posts by flydown
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:21 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Nice!! I was doing rollers with my 71 Slick today and brushed a wing tip. So what does that mean? It means I'm ready to thrash the snot out of this plane!!
Wow! I bet you almost crapped your pants!
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:41 PM
Cats can fly!
Joined Jun 2012
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Yup, only touch the OUTSIDE diameter part, where the two tapered pieces will meet.
Good idea; will try it. Thank you, tracknoob. Aluminum to aluminum can't be very good. Another thing that could be used is a dab of "Never Seize" compound; again, keeping it off the motor shaft. Used it on the aluminum threads on motorcycle parts to prevent galling. The fasteners torque-up much more reliably using that stuff.

BTW...I was never able to find the prop/adapter/spinner after it flew off. The plane was not in front of me, pretty high in the air and travelling at WOT when it happened. I looked all over the area to no avail.
No problem (other that the co$t). The Visionaire will be back flying by next weekend!
neon the cat is offline Find More Posts by neon the cat
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:05 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,673 Posts
Quote:
Nice!! I was doing rollers with my 71 Slick today and brushed a wing tip. So what does that mean? It means I'm ready to thrash the snot out of this plane!!
Any damage? I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you can do with this one!

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:31 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
OK... so how much is the elevator surface actually supposed to travel? I'm only getting a few degrees of travel. When I watch the servo it's barely moving in comparison to how much the rudder servo moves. The rudder servo seems to move a normal amount but the elevator servo only seems to be using about 1/4 of it's full travel. I've got travel adjust set to 125 on both.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:37 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
3,009 Posts
Quote:
OK... so how much is the elevator surface actually supposed to travel? I'm only getting a few degrees of travel. When I watch the servo it's barely moving in comparison to how much the rudder servo moves. The rudder servo seems to move a normal amount but the elevator servo only seems to be using about 1/4 of it's full travel. I've got travel adjust set to 125 on both.
Are you in 3D mode? Flip the gear switch and see if you get more travel.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:37 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,898 Posts
Quote:
You've got it in general flight mode - put it in 3d at 100% dr
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:38 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Are you in 3D mode?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
You've got it in general flight mode - put it in 3d at 100% dr
Figured it out. I have to flip my gear switch. The manual said that it would be in 3D mode by default unless I misread it. Now we're cooking.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:41 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
3,009 Posts
Quote:
Figured it out. I have to flip my gear switch. The manual said that it would be in 3D mode by default unless I misread it. Now we're cooking.
Yeah, I reversed the gear channel on mine so that 3d mode is on position 0 (back) of the gear switch.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:41 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon the cat View Post
Visionaire pilots...please check, check and re-check the tightness of the prop nut. Use a proper wrench and tighten the nut very tight.

The e-flite collet-type prop adapters do not grip the motor shaft well unless you really torque them hard. I have had this problem on other similarly equipped planes. Even when really tight, they don't seem to stay that way.

I mention this because the prop and adapter came off my Visionaire during a flight today. Now I need a new wing set due to the resulting crash. The sad thing is I had checked the prop nut just a couple of flights before. It was tight. The issue, I think, is the collet prop adapters just don't grip the shaft properly. If I can find a set-screw type adapter that fits, I'm going to install it.
The collet type adapters are much superior to the little bitty set screw ones. I have seen numerous set screw ones come loose. Any plane I get that has the set screw type does not get flown until I change it to a collett.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:43 PM
J. Titors Gr Gr Grandpappy
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
1,875 Posts
So Mike, what are your first impressions?
Sonofagun is offline Find More Posts by Sonofagun
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2x0
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:31 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun View Post
So Mike, what are your first impressions?
Goes together nicely. It's actually a tad smaller than I expected but that's not a bad thing because I was hoping to fly it in my front yard anyway. It's cool to see the AS3X system on a larger plane.

Can't wait to wring her out!

Oh... and I forgot how bendy higher gauge wires can be which makes installing APP's a little bit of a PITA.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:32 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Yeah, I reversed the gear channel on mine so that 3d mode is on position 0 (back) of the gear switch.
Ah... cool thanks. I was just getting ready to think about how to change that so I wouldn't have to always remember to flip the switch. I'll reverse mine now too.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:42 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,650 Posts
SAY turner .come on over,lets fly TONIGHT.i live close to a 24 hr walmart and church with lights that stay on ALLNIGHT,,WOOT WOOT.Dale
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:50 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
SAY turner .come on over,lets fly TONIGHT.i live close to a 24 hr walmart and church with lights that stay on ALLNIGHT,,WOOT WOOT.Dale
If you weren't 2+ hours away I'd be there!!