HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:04 AM
Joined Feb 2010
283 Posts
Mine is due, just one hour left! I had no sleep for the last two nights, so excited! I have the Turnigy nanotechs 2200 35-70c ready and im sure they will be a great fit.

Sure that we can expect many visionare's this summer i would love to change the paint scheme on mine to make it different
Perhaps just changing the blue parts in to black?

I am sooo adicted to this planes & they get better& better all the time, running out of space thanks HH
carlostomasso is offline Find More Posts by carlostomasso
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:29 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
nice flight Zmonster, hope the sky will be blue here next time.
Did you fly with higher rates in 3D mode or are there still 70% D/R ?
-
Did anybody check the Turnigy 2200mAh packs ? How do you feel with it ?
I soldered my ESC yesterday and now I have XT60- the advice to remove the ESC out of the fuse was a good tip-otherwise it would be a hard challenge to solder into the fuse.
Will also mod my other clevis at rudder and aile with steel pins next time..weather is bad and therefore I will spend my time for recommended mods.
That whole video I was at 100% rates and in 3d mode.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:47 AM
Road Scholar
United States, SC, Fort Mill
Joined Oct 2012
98 Posts
I love all the posts on this forum that start out with, "I made the mistake of stopping by the hobby shop today". $1 per post and we could have a helluva party. I think the VisionAire is increasing that number.

I did learn an important lesson the other day. The VisionAire can trick you into thinking it's not as windy as it really is. The AS3X kinda "hides" the wind. I flew my VA and it was a great flight. So I got my P51 out and immediately ground-looped it, breaking the prop.
JimmyJet727 is offline Find More Posts by JimmyJet727
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:29 AM
J. Titors Gr Gr Grandpappy
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
2,021 Posts
Z, great vid!
Sonofagun is offline Find More Posts by Sonofagun
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2x0
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:07 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Here is my 5th flight on the visionaire! Watch in hd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSfpFR9A7DA
Dangit Z... I'm trying to hold off from buying one of these but you aren't helping!!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:37 AM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Dangit Z... I'm trying to hold off from buying one of these but you aren't helping!!
HI Turner,,,I now no y u love your slick and other larger planes,,this plane loves to HOVER .all i have to do is go vertical,hit that sweet spot and hang there with minimum input..WOW , i now control amount of hang time,DOUBLE WOW. a couple of times with just throttle only. still getting used to plane...rolling harriers not going to happen,i am all THUMBS...vid later on this week.,maybe Dale
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:52 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
HI Turner,,,I now no y u love your slick and other larger planes,,this plane loves to HOVER .all i have to do is go vertical,hit that sweet spot and hang there with minimum input..WOW , i now control amount of hang time,DOUBLE WOW. a couple of times with just throttle only. still getting used to plane...rolling harriers not going to happen,i am all THUMBS...vid later on this week.,maybe Dale
Looking forward to the vids Dale! Rolling harriers just take some practice. If you've got a sim start there. Once you get the timing down it will click...
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:55 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun View Post
Z, great vid!
Thanks!
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:56 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Haha! Thanks Mike! Like I said, you need one!
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:08 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Sep 2005
1,015 Posts
Maiden report

Like others, I decided to stop by the hobby shop "just to see" a VA. An hour later, I went back and bought it Maiden with minor wind and one word stands out: SMOOTH Some pattern guys were watching and that's the one word they used - and they know about smooth flying planes.

- Rolling circles are super smooth. Requires more rudder than some planes.
- High-alpha KE is better than I thought but requires a lot of rudder. I highly recommend using the inner hole on the horn. If you fly with the wings exactly 90*, it stays there very nicely. If you don't, it rolls out.
- Blenders are very nice
- Inverted flat spins are the tightest and flattest of any plane I have - even better than my 3DHS Extra and Slicks. But watch out for the exit. I'm not sure what happened, but I lost a lot of altitude on exit...
- Couldn't get KE spin to work, but I haven't strengthened the elevator servo arms yet as suggested.
- Waterfalls are super easy - almost no rudder is needed to correct for gyroscopic effects.
- Harriers are easy with no wing rock unless you get out of the sweet spot angle.
- Hovers. Well, this isn't my strength but it is definitely easier than most planes. I needed lots of up elevator as it wants to fall forward, even though my battery is all the way back. Anyone else seeing this? Or do hovers need to be slanted backwards a bit?
- Rolling harriers are good, though require more rudder and elevator than I'm used to.
- The best feature of this plane has to be the landings. Super easy to do a beautiful 3 point landing. I found that using the throttle to land it like I do my 89" gas powered 3DHS Slick worked best. My main flying field is notorious for odd wind currents that mess up landings - but the VisionnAire didn't even notice them

I only got two flights as my other batteries have Deans connectors. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the plane. Two thumbs up!! I'm going to play with moving the CG back, strengthening the elevator & rudder servo arms, using some higher C batteries, and trying in the wind.

Alan
TexasFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TexasFlyer
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:21 PM
Joined Jan 2012
148 Posts
Cant wait to fly the Great White again, probably escape from work for a bit tomorrow. I also put an Orangrx Flight Stabilizer in my 3dhs 330c epp and had very good results. I'm thinking flight assist in the next size up from the micro 3d planes is a win win and will put it in future planes.
Dont like it, flip a switch and she's all yours again, in the mean time enjoy the ride!
geewow is offline Find More Posts by geewow
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:25 PM
United States, CA, Burlingame
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFlyer View Post
- Couldn't get KE spin to work, but I haven't strengthened the elevator servo arms yet as suggested.
Looks like the tail is too short. I'm no expert but that might be the cause. Just not enough rudder authority
Var. is offline Find More Posts by Var.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:35 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Fit and finish was excellent - surprised it's called Parkzone instead of eflight. Did notice that the motor is actually labelled eflight.
Well, ParkZone doesn't hold sloppy fit and crappy finish as one of our brand values! As a refresher:

ParkZone =
Park flyers & smaller
No gluing, no painting, no hassles
Intermediate flying skills required
Some measure of durability

E-flite =
No limit on size
Some gluing may be required, ARF allowed
Advanced piloting skills may be requried
Optimized for performance, not durability

In addition, E-flite is the brand for open-stock electric accessories like quality servos, motors, ESCs, etc. Radio equipment that's open-stock quality (including really good servos) will be Spektrum.
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:44 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,335 Posts
And the helis are not Eflite, they are Blades!
\

(are I finally larnin' gud, now? pleez don't zap me with more voltage!)
tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:19 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,034 Posts
[QUOTE=Dave Eichstedt;24042581]Well, ParkZone doesn't hold sloppy fit and crappy finish as one of our brand values! As a refresher:

didn't mean any offense Dave. Just usually thought of eflight as the more premium brand. And fresh in mind is my two edge 540qq's. Fit and finish of this one is like a precision machine compared to the Edge. Absolutely love the Edge as a flying machine, just can't get enough of flying it, but one of mine looked like someone beat it up with a hammer and parts didn't fit right on either one. But this thing went together like it had all parts precision milled - like most all of my Parkzone planes have I might add. I'm still an HH fan through and through, the only problem I have had of recent history is that I have to drive 100 miles each way to find them and as I have a basement full of them it's way too far to have to drive for parts.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly