HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:26 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,029 Posts
I have to say i want one even more now,my thoughts on this plane haven't changed do to any of the videos really but all the speculation seems to give me more drive to purchase one and just tell it like it is after flying it. Good,bad or other im sure this plane has plenty of merit on its own and having as3x will appeal to many and not so much to others.
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:36 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Yeh I'm still a little underwhelmed, I see the point of showing it in the hands of a 3D newbie and then in the other guy's hands but why not show Quique wringing it's neck? I think what we need is guy's like Get Real to take the plunge for those of us sitting on the side line. Trouble is where I fly there aren't many other flyers around so the chances of getting to see one in the flesh or even getting a go on the sticks is pretty slim. Choices have to be made from watching videos and listening to feedback. Is it just me or in the short section of flying before Quique speaks could I see a bit of spoileron mixing going on there in the harrier?

Edit; second thoughts after watching it again. Was that first section of flying Carlton or Quique?
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Last edited by Aviefly; Jan 04, 2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Watched it again
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:33 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daft punk View Post
That video would make so much more sense if they made it clear at the beginning the pilot was a TOTAL noob to 3d flying. Has to be the worst horizon promo video I've ever seen. Don't really care for the old typhoon 2 kinda look it has either. AR635 in a bnf basic carbon z yak 54, now that might be something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I'd still like to see the plane put through its paces a bit more. If would be helpful to see if flying on a less windy day and in the hands of someone who can really wring it out. I'd like to see some blenders, rolling harriers, rolling loops, inverted harrier, etc.

At times it looked very floaty and at times it looked heavy to me so I left feeling a little confused. The specs tell me that it's probably a bit heavy.
I'm not an expert here,, but an 11.7oz Wingloading for a plane with a 45in wingspan sounds pretty good to me considering the yak has a 16oz Wingloading and the 3DHS 41 in edge has a Wingloading of about 11.5oz AND its wingspan is smaller,,,, so 11.7oz Wingloading doesn't sound THAT heavy does it????
Airman74 is online now Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:40 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,200 Posts
My biggest problem with this plane is it seems to be underpowered and under pitched with a12x4 prop and a power 10,, a power 10 seems kinda small for a plane that weighs 44oz,, and that pitch seems kinda low,, at least on paper,, but then,, who knows??
Ok,,, just watched the video,,, I was most impressed by non 3D flier flying it,, if he can do that so can I ,, WOW!!!! DAMM HH!!!! There's MORE money going out the door. :-)
Airman74 is online now Find More Posts by Airman74
Last edited by Airman74; Jan 04, 2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:52 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,696 Posts
Just watched the full new video and I am absolutely getting this one. Very nice. If you watched closely they were hovering with 1/2 throttle so I would suggest the power system has more than enough thrust for the airframe. Seemed VERY floatie, so no issues with wing loading apparent. The posts from guys like Seth Arnold make a huge difference as well, these are true flying pros. I know they work for HH but hey, if he says he finds it a blast to fly I won't call him a lier. Clearly my experience may differ but it is encouraging to see a true great flyer saying they can do anything with it their big ships do and they enjoy it!

Can't wait to get this one in the hanger. Great looking, clearly a solid 3D flyer, and as far as gyro's being cheating, well, I fly to have fun. I use cruise control in my car, modern fighters are all fly by wire and combat pilots don't complain about having hyper controlable, hyper maneuverable planes as it is "cheating" ... it's called modern design and technology. Use it, or don't, everyone's personal call. I for one like my car, but I guess I could get to work on a horse if I had to. All good folks, just kinda makes me laugh when someone looks down their nose at others who adopt modern tech like it is some kind of bad thing, as they are typing on a computer or more likely an IPhone ... lol.

Great job QQ and the rest at HH, thanks for this offering and keep them coming. (My wife and my wallet probably don't like you as much though!)

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:31 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdab View Post
Hopefully a decent video will be posted from a more capable 3D pilot and we will all see what's up
gee thats a bit of a kick in the guts, for all the experienced pilots who have flown this plane and commented gee the HH video is great shows you it doing all sorts

hope i can get my hands on one for a review, but i'm starting to have my doubts as it's going to be hard to find someone who'll let theirs go from OMP they seem to love them that much haha

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:42 PM
Joined Dec 2007
530 Posts
My main concern is portability. HH and especially Parkzone are known for their space friendly solutions and great boxes. You laugh if you have a US kind of suburban house and an F100, but in a flat with a European hatch, it's a GREAT advantage. Heck, this is the reason I usually skip the HK stuff, they don't get packaging! This plane seems to have quite a few steps for assembling for a quick flight. And please get rid of those stupid stickers fixing the horizontal stabilizers!

Pity the looks are underwhelming... Suppose a nice paintjob - or 3rd party stickers? - could do wonders, but HH is the no. 1 in the looks department, dunno what went wrong this time. I agree, it resembles the Acromaster, which is baffling, since the Acro isn't a pretty plane...

The price - 280ouch! Yes, AS3X, but apart from that, it's pushing it. A $249.99 BNF basic would sound much more soothing.

The good news is, it's a QQ plane, it flies amazing.. So my wallet is shivering,, or more precisely my Extra 300 I'll have to butcher some stuff I have laying around before I'll break the bank with this one.

Secondly, it's know confirmed that AS3X does mix with rotational servos, so HH could come up with a AS3X version of the Edge QQ...
McMoron is offline Find More Posts by McMoron
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:48 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,092 Posts
The price is a bit steep but I wont be sold on it until I see how it handles in a crash.
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Busy Life
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:51 PM
Joined Dec 2007
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
My biggest problem with this plane is it seems to be underpowered and under pitched with a12x4 prop and a power 10,, a power 10 seems kinda small for a plane that weighs 44oz,, and that pitch seems kinda low,, at least on paper,, but then,, who knows??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...aJxLBrDc#t=27s

Not sure what more you want. It's a direct competitor to the Acromaster, it's meant to be floaty. The Extra 300 is an acrobatic 'high energy' plane, which has far too much pitch from the box - seen from a thrust point of view.
McMoron is offline Find More Posts by McMoron
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:03 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,606 Posts
I've been easing into 3D with a couple of Twisted Hobbys profiles (which are awesome!).

This could be the logical next step.

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:13 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalspark View Post
The price is a bit steep but I wont be sold on it until I see how it handles in a crash.
LOL ... sounds like we have similar requirements in our 3D planes!

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:45 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,281 Posts
For those of you wondering about the price, keep in mind the Visionaire features all-new electronic components that are upgrades from the standard ParkZone fare. The servos are all-new, the ESC is 40A instead of the normal 30A, and of course the receiver features AS3X. None of these upgrades comes free and represent real costs that are higher compared to standard ParkZone airplanes. And, rising Chinese labor costs, material costs, and the exchange rate continue to work against us. Ultimately consumers will decide if they value the features we've chosen to include. I can tell you the airplane flies awesome.
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:22 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
For those of you wondering about the price, keep in mind the Visionaire features all-new electronic components that are upgrades from the standard ParkZone fare. The servos are all-new, the ESC is 40A instead of the normal 30A, and of course the receiver features AS3X. None of these upgrades comes free and represent real costs that are higher compared to standard ParkZone airplanes. And, rising Chinese labor costs, material costs, and the exchange rate continue to work against us. Ultimately consumers will decide if they value the features we've chosen to include. I can tell you the airplane flies awesome.
I can and do understand that. And on top of that, most of us are more than willing to fork over the cash for another great plane Maybe when I get back from deployment, that will get me some time to save
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Busy Life
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:51 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,023 Posts
now that they have this when is the park size as3x beast coming out?

that's gotta be coming
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:55 PM
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
2,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
now that they have this when is the park size as3x beast coming out?

that's gotta be coming
Lord I hope so.
Fentonflyers is online now Find More Posts by Fentonflyers