SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:14 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
Maiden complete! In my backyard! There is snow on the ground so I decided to just maiden it in my backyard! It was a successful maiden. Although, I did hit lvc while I was doing a low rolling harrier and it plopped down inverted! No damage! Just some nice skid marks in the snow! So far, I love it! It doesn't really to many violent maneuvers. But, I'm flying it in my backyard so I don't really have any space for them. I'll get a more accurate answer to that when I take it to the field. It harriers upright and inverted wonderfully! Hovers are nice, although they do require more throttle than my other planes. Rolling harriers aren't to shabby either! For a lazy day plane or a plane to fly low on, it's awesome!!! I bought it to fly it in my backyard where I can kind of only do harriers, rolling harriers, hovers, and other slow maneuvers. It fits the bill perfectly!

No video yet. If my mom or dad want to come outside the next flight or two, I'll get some video!
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:19 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
924 Posts
Did my maiden today in bad weather conditions- I have to say WOW !!! this thing is a great plane from Parkzone
All pieces fit perfect- the few mods are a steel pin in my elev clevis and fix the tail wheel cap with thin CA. Will change the lipo connector to XT60 soon.

Now to my questions there are not clear and a little bit mystic:

I use the QQ file in my DX8 and have less elev throw, also in 3D flightlevel
See the pics below..shows full elev in positive/negative 3D modus and up to 125% D/R.
Also you see the elev and rudder servos in full range...elev is right- the throw is less than rudder. WHY ???
I checked my DX8, all is fine- I removed the servo- arm and moved the rod by hand...no way..the servo doesn' turn enough.
Can anybody check this at his Visionaire ??? Don't hope this is a error.
-
Other thing is my tubes on the rods in the fuse- I can slide the tubes over the rods with small force- is that o,k ? The pic shows my default position- o.k ?

Thanks for your help !!!
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:38 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
After getting a few more flights on this thing, I'm starting to really get a feel for it! I'm really starting to love it! I got some video, but I really started to throw it around after those videos, so I'll have to get some more videos some other time. The videos I got though are still great!

Turner, you need one!
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:53 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
After getting a few more flights on this thing, I'm starting to really get a feel for it! I'm really starting to love it! I got some video, but I really started to throw it around after those videos, so I'll have to get some more videos some other time. The videos I got though are still great!

Turner, you need one!
Sweet! I might just pick one up then. Still need to build my replacement 57" SC (after devastating midair incident) and this one may be next.
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:01 PM
Hey... watch this...
Herndon, Virginia, United States
Joined Feb 2003
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
Did my maiden today in bad weather conditions- I have to say WOW !!! this thing is a great plane from Parkzone
All pieces fit perfect- the few mods are a steel pin in my elev clevis and fix the tail wheel cap with thin CA. Will change the lipo connector to XT60 soon.

See the pics below..shows full elev in positive/negative 3D modus and up to 125% D/R.
Also you see the elev and rudder servos in full range...elev is right- the throw is less than rudder. WHY ???
I checked my DX8, all is fine- I removed the servo- arm and moved the rod by hand...no way..the servo doesn' turn enough.
-
Other thing is my tubes on the rods in the fuse- I can slide the tubes over the rods with small force- is that o,k ? The pic shows my default position- o.k ?

Thanks for your help !!!
I have the DX8 Downloaded file also.

The servo travel should be at 125% for elevator,rudder and aileron's.

The D/R is not tied to the gear switch in the downloaded file.

With the stock file you still have duel rates on the normal front switches for rudder, aileron's and elevator individually.

I have since modified my file to tie high and low rates for each to the gear channel (1 switch for everything).

The low rate for each is 70 and high is 100% with small expo around 15% for low rate (non 3D) and 20% for 3D mode.

Hope this helps
Mmarshall is offline Find More Posts by Mmarshall
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:16 PM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,182 Posts
Quote:

-

Thanks for your help !!!
As you suspect, you should have a lot more travel! I can't help much as I have simply followed the manual to set it up on a DX6i. I hope Mmarshall's post above this gives the answer. I must say, it is strange to have what, effectively, amounts to 4 rates settings, albeit 2 are for high speed and two for low speed.

I have been thinking about what Joel says about one set of rates for each aircraft and a bit more centre point expo. It makes sense and would avoid incidents like where I hit the ground inverted in my micro Trojan because it was in low rates with insufficient elevator available.

The Sbach flies beautifully at 100% and no expo because the AS3X damps out the middle point very nicely. I am hoping the A635 will do something similar so I can just use 100% plus the mode switch. Still plenty more wind forecast
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:17 PM
lownslow
United States, FL, Cape Canaveral
Joined Nov 2011
335 Posts
SLK, with my DX7 elevator travel is 3 inches up and 3 inches down, total travel of 6 inches, with servo travel at 125% and D/R at 100% using the gear switch.

The gear switch must be in 3D mode and the D/R switch on high rates. I cannot download programs on DX7. Something clearly wrong with your servo travel.....

Maybe try binding again using another location on your DX8, load it manually instead of downloading the program
windrnone is offline Find More Posts by windrnone
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:53 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
924 Posts
problem solved

guys, many thanks for your help !!! I appreciate it !

I changed my switches from Flightlevel 0-1-2 to the Gear switch 0-1 and suddenly I have full throws on elevator !!!
D/R is max 100% as mentioned in the manual, travel all 125%
-
I can't explain why I can't change switches eachother....but now, on the Gear switch (I fly Mode 4 and its perfect in this position) all is fine and I think with these throws it's perfect in 3D.

Happy
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Last edited by SLK Count; Feb 03, 2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:01 PM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun View Post
Stock 12 x 4 = 38.5 amps. Apc 11 x 4.7 slo flyer = 53 amps ...
How does the stock ESC feel about this?

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:06 PM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
guys, many thanks for your help !!! I appreciate it !

I changed my switches from Flightlevel 0-1-2 to the Gear switch 0-1 and suddenly I have full throws on elevator !!!
D/R is max 100% as mentioned in the manual, travel all 125%
-
I can't explain why I can't change switches eachother....but now, on the Gear switch (I fly Mode 4 and its perfect in this position) all is fine and I think with these throws it's perfect in 3D.

Happy
Ya the pictures you posted and what you described is what it does when in general flight mode and not 3d mode. I just set it up from an empty model memory in my dx8 as there weren't many settings, and I prefer having each rate switch separate. In any case, once I flipped my gear switch everything looked good, but with the gear switch in general flight mode all control surfaces are reduced some but the elevator is the most obvious.

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:08 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
Here's my 4th flight on my visionaire! I started to get a better feel for it a few batteries later, so I'll have a better video up later! Watch in hd.

Parkzone VisionAire 4th Flight (4 min 16 sec)
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:09 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
Double post.
Last edited by zmonster97; Feb 03, 2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:40 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Here's my 4th flight on my visionaire! I started to get a better feel for it a few batteries later, so I'll have a better video up later! Watch in hd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo0wv0UfkTU
Nice flying Z! I definitely need to get one of these!
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:13 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Nice flying Z! I definitely need to get one of these!
Thanks!

Yes, you need one! I'll get a better video some other time!
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:50 PM
J. Titors Gr Gr Grandpappy
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
1,974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all View Post
How does the stock ESC feel about this?

Tom
Warm...
Sonofagun is offline Find More Posts by Sonofagun