Worth a shot!

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:45 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
925 Posts
..thanks for the comments and postings from Horizon staff.
In my opinion this plane is too expensive and I buy parts which I not need
New RX with As3X sounds good but this New has to pay.
PNP version would be better (best)...use my own RX and lipo packs and all is fine.
I'm not really sure if people are willing to pay approx 270,-EUR here in Germany
Seth from HH wrote "HOWEVER, the more advanced 3D guys out there will be pleasantly surprised! I suggest you guys wait to make judgement calls on the airplane until you've flown it!"
> nice words but where is the Visionaire for testing ?-after that I would also saying"I WILL have one myself!"- maybe....
-
BTW....It would be a great "marketing rocket" if you can realize "promotion meetings" with new products from HH here in Elmshorn Germany. I would be there !!!
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Last edited by SLK Count; Jan 04, 2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:16 PM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Probably the biggest obstacle for a plane like this to overcome is it's not a Slick, it's not an Edge and it's not an Extra.

Those are very capable platforms people are familiar with. This one will just need to prove itself. Just like those others had to one day.
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:28 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,204 Posts
DAMM!!!!! HH!!!! Gona drain my wallet!!!! Thought the little QQ edge 540 would be all the 3D plane I'd need for at least the near future,,, I like different types of flying and my other love is high performance electric sailplanes,,, got my eye on the new E flite mystique and a couple others,, Wana get involved in the new ALES contest format for E gliders,, gota get a sailplane radio,,, then,,,,, bam!!!! I hear all the good things about this one!!!
Just tooooooo many good planes and not enough time. ;-)
My loves are split evenly between finally learning 3D and flying contests with a really good
Non - foam e glider,, what's a guy to do????
One last thing,, this new receiver with built in gyros,,, how many channels??
Would be interesting to try one in a sailplane.. Hmmmmmmm
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:29 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,811 Posts
I think this plane is pretty exciting. One question I haven't seen anyone ask.. is what exactly can you "monitor" through the clear bottom of the plane? Are there blinky lights on the rx that tell you something about what AS3X is doing? Is it a total gimmick or something actually useful?
seeingeyegod is online now Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:34 PM
Roy Alojado - Horizon Hobby
Joined Jun 2010
9 Posts
New official video of the VisionAire

All,

Here's the official video of the VisionAire. We wanted to show it in the hands of a newbie to 3D and an experienced pilot. Tell us what you think:

VisionAire BNF with AS3X Technology by ParkZone (5 min 28 sec)
RC Noober is offline Find More Posts by RC Noober
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:35 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Champaign, IL
Joined Jan 2007
692 Posts
Looks like Roy beat me to posting the video.

Be sure to watch the video all the way to the end, its about 5 minutes long!

Seth Arnold
Horizon Hobby
3D-Seth is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Seth
Site Sponsor
Last edited by 3D-Seth; Jan 04, 2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: duplicate of posting new video
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:36 PM
Team Horizon Hobby
United States, GA, Canton
Joined Feb 2012
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
I think this plane is pretty exciting. One question I haven't seen anyone ask.. is what exactly can you "monitor" through the clear bottom of the plane? Are there blinky lights on the rx that tell you something about what AS3X is doing? Is it a total gimmick or something actually useful?
The blinking lights show the AS3X settings. It is useful to know that the receiver is working properly and happens to look really cool at dusk.
_Colton_ is offline Find More Posts by _Colton_
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:56 PM
Registered Crasher
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Feb 2011
2,226 Posts
Anyone else notice that this looks (at least in planform) a whole lot like the PA addiction?
jtaylor996 is offline Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:26 PM
Joined Nov 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
That's a pretty short sighted comment man. While I don't have any gyros in any of my 3D planes I've also never flown a larger 3D plane with a gyro in it. Have you?

While I agree it's not necessary to use a gyro to perform 3D maneuvers I'm not opposed to seeing what it's like to fly 3D WITH a gryo either. If it's fun... then count me in. If it's not... well, they give you a switch for that.

Don't forget what this hobby is all about. If you're having fun, keep doing it. If not, then don't.
sure, hh just came out with as3x for larger planes but, gyros from other companies have been out for years!!!! everything has already been proven and done before. there is absolutely no reason to act like other people don't know what they're talking about when it comes to gyros and/or accelerometers for big 3d planes. sorry, but gyros are old news for planes larger than micros. the ultra micros with as3x are evolutionary due to the miniaturization of the electronics.

everybody knows that you can get an adjustable 3 axis gyro with a 3 axis accelerometers in a small board that only weighs a few grams that cost less than a case of beer right?????

just check out the multicopter forums. they ALL have some sort of gyro, accelerometer or both
rcfisherman is offline Find More Posts by rcfisherman
Last edited by rcfisherman; Jan 04, 2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:27 PM
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Jun 2012
349 Posts
Im impressed
bladeguy5 is offline Find More Posts by bladeguy5
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:42 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Color me interested.

This plane would be perfect for where I fly. Looks crazy floaty and docile.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:53 PM
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Jun 2012
349 Posts
Is this motor more powerful than the one in the extra 300?
bladeguy5 is offline Find More Posts by bladeguy5
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:55 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,786 Posts
OK that video makes it look fun! I take back what I posted earlier. That's a video that will help sell a 300 dollar plane.
Bloosee is online now Find More Posts by Bloosee
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:03 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
I'd still like to see the plane put through its paces a bit more. If would be helpful to see if flying on a less windy day and in the hands of someone who can really wring it out. I'd like to see some blenders, rolling harriers, rolling loops, inverted harrier, etc.

At times it looked very floaty and at times it looked heavy to me so I left feeling a little confused. The specs tell me that it's probably a bit heavy.
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm