HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:14 PM
... UMX Horizon Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Buster View Post
Hobby Town told me today that they had NO direct replacement for the Visionaire's clevis because of the threaded rod size. Only had PLASTIC replacements. He said the only way to use metal clevises was to change out the rods to a more standard size. Looks like I will either have to modify the plastic clevis or change out all the rods... Bummer..
o.k, that are not good news but I have expected that
The mod with the metal pin is easy, you need some time
and all is save for the future.
don't worry !
SLK Count is online now Find More Posts by SLK Count
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:07 AM
Houston, TX
Joined Sep 2005
1,015 Posts
CA vs Epoxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Buster View Post
...After ordering the parts, I epoxied the fuselage back together and you can barely tell it was ever broke. ...
Cloud Buster,

In my experience, epoxy doesn't work very well on this type of foam as it doesn't seem to penetrate well. Don't be surprised if the next time you land hard, it breaks in the same place. Next time, I suggest you use thick CA. It doesn't need to be foam safe, either - regular will work just fine. It's also a much quicker fix at the field.

Alan
TexasFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TexasFlyer
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:28 AM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
don't worry !
Another option. The .047 rod need a coupler to get to a std 2-56 clevis.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFV11&P=M
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRU46&P=M
Or Ball links instead of clevis
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXK091&P=M
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:06 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2013
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFlyer View Post
Cloud Buster,

In my experience, epoxy doesn't work very well on this type of foam as it doesn't seem to penetrate well. Don't be surprised if the next time you land hard, it breaks in the same place. Next time, I suggest you use thick CA. It doesn't need to be foam safe, either - regular will work just fine. It's also a much quicker fix at the field.

Alan
I doubt I will even fly the epoxied fuselage anyways.. The new visionaire fuselage will be here tomorrow...at least thats what my tracking number says.. I epoxied my old T-28 fuselage back together about a year ago after it broke in half just about the same place and never had a problem with it.. I know that the forces on the Visionaire will be much higher than that old T-28 so thats why I went ahead and ordered the new $38 fuselage. After I connected the battery yesterday, I noticed one of my servos twitching.. I called Horizion and they said they would send me out two new digital servos today free of charge.. Thanks Horizion for the excellent Customer Service..
Cloud_Buster is offline Find More Posts by Cloud_Buster
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:30 AM
Hey... watch this...
Herndon, Virginia, United States
Joined Feb 2003
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
the servos in the visionaire are digital. do you think they are analog?
Yes the Visionaires servo's are digital but, He was talking about putting the AS3X receiver into my 51'' Slick, the Slick has analog servo's in it and they are larger then the Visionaires so I would need to upgrade them to use the receiver.
Mmarshall is offline Find More Posts by Mmarshall
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:46 AM
lownslow
United States, FL, Cape Canaveral
Joined Nov 2011
333 Posts
Question regarding the gyro

In 3D mode the Rx sets both the gyro gain and the throws. So we have hi and low throws dependant on the gear sw position and that cannot be changed. I would like high rate throws in both positions and be able to turn the gyro gain up and down only w the gear switch or even turn the gyro "on" and "off", I get the feeling this is not possible?

Is this also true when the Rx is in sport mode?????
windrnone is offline Find More Posts by windrnone
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:52 AM
lownslow
Joined Nov 2011
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFlyer View Post
Cloud Buster,

Alan
I also use gorilla glue, broke the nose on my T-28 5 times and glued it back together, each break was in a slightly different place, downside to GG is it takes longer to do the repair and the water is important. Good penetration and fills the voids.......
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:54 AM
lownslow
Joined Nov 2011
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
don't worry !
+1 Agreed, this is the quick and easy fix once you have the correct size rod and drill, slice off the old pin, drill the hole attach the metal pin, assuming your trims were already correct no adjustment required, just put the new assembly back on the plane..............
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:33 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,117 Posts
I have just finished assembling mine. All was good so I set the DR etc. Then I set about centring the controls. Both ailerons needed adjustment and on one the servo arm was not at 90 degrees so I took it off to adjust, re-assembled and adjusted.

After that it started oscillating madly after it binds to the Tx. It sits there with that one aileron going madly up and down through 10 degrees or so and all other controls neutral. When I move the ailerons, it calms down and seems normal.

I have just started it again before posting this reply and all is normal!

Ideas?
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:04 PM
Joined May 2011
30 Posts
Make sure the servo was centered before you adjust the arm. I usually adjust the arms while the servo is powered so I don't manually move it.
seducethemind is offline Find More Posts by seducethemind
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:33 PM
lownslow
Joined Nov 2011
333 Posts
Check out this VA vid.........not me
Parkzone Visionair (5 min 33 sec)
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:55 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrnone View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT094rHJekg
Nice video! He flew the snot out of that thing!!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:51 PM
... UMX Horizon Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
866 Posts
bad news from here.
I ordered my Visonaire in a online shop whose offers with special price and green/yellow status and mark "available". I ordered and paied with paypal immediatelly- three days later I got a mail with status " goods expected".
What the heck is that behaviour- very angry about it.
I canceled my order and hope my money come back soon- luck to had pay with Paypal.
After that I will order again....lost days in waiting...
SLK Count is online now Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:21 PM
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Feb 2010
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrnone View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT094rHJekg
Man, the plane I have could do that? I have such a long way to go! Now I almost feel guilty she didn't get to a better home than mine...lol. That's some awesome good flying!
rsobel is offline Find More Posts by rsobel
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:11 PM
Hey... watch this...
Herndon, Virginia, United States
Joined Feb 2003
787 Posts
HOLY CRAP!

That guy can fly!

I need to practice more... a lot more...

I did want to also mention how tough this thing is, I came home from work early to burn a couple packs with it and while doing low harrier rolls (below 5 feet) I managed to dork it in not once but twice!

First time caught a wingtip and dropped it right onto the spinner, lots of mud (soft field) rudder was not moving as walked up thinking I either broke the rudder horn clean off or stripped a servo but it was just the clevis popping out.

Throw it right back in the air on a second battery and do the same thing again!...

This time no damage just more mud, fly some more and land. Notice as I am taking the battery that it went from being all the at the back of the tray to all the way at the front due to the impact.... I never even noticed the CG change as I was flying slow high alpha the entire flight.

Took it home cleaned it up no damage anywhere.

One tough plane!
Mmarshall is offline Find More Posts by Mmarshall