SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:38 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
I have several 1600mah 3s batteries, 40c. think they would work in this plane?
They might be a little low. They would probably work fine though. You'll just get a little shorter flight times.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:54 PM
Hey... watch this...
Herndon, Virginia, United States
Joined Feb 2003
787 Posts
Probably very short flight times, I am getting around 5:30 with 2200's and that leaves around 20% left in them when I land.

1600 you might get as low as 3 mins??
Mmarshall is offline Find More Posts by Mmarshall
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:12 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ View Post
That's some very sweet flying!

Any opinions on this as a first 3D plane? Trying to decide between a flat foamie (Crack Yak for appx $150) vs. the VisionAire?
Not a hijack attempt here but as long as you asked...you want a truly religious experience? One that will have you chanting & burning incense after each flight?

3 words, my friend, 3 words: Crack Yak Lite ...ooooommmm....oooommmm

<Ahem> But this Visionaire - - Yep!!! I'm experienced 3D and after becoming an AS3X Acolyte on the Beast 3D, 130X, and the HyperTaxi, count me in, baby!!!
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:16 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmarshall View Post
I can honestly say I fly this better then I do my 3DHS 51 Slick.
Now, the above sentence, Sir, is one of the scarier ones I've seen in quite some time...!!.
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:25 PM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,966 Posts
[QUOTE=poiyt;23952925]Not a hijack attempt here but as long as you
QUOTE]

From Twisted ?
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:30 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
[QUOTE=wjs;23953058]
Quote:
Originally Posted by poiyt View Post
Not a hijack attempt here but as long as you
QUOTE]
From Twisted ?
Yep, mine should be arriving this week and built on Friday.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:14 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
925 Posts
..sad to read here problems with the clevis - I also assumed some post ago for weak clevis
-
Weather forecast is bad and I think my Visionaire would be here tomorrow- I will check the clevis and if tey are the same at my Stryker, I have to mod them with a small steal pin instead of the weak (and horrible) plastic pin.
For example...
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:12 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
..sad to read here problems with the clevis - I also assumed some post ago for weak clevis
-
Weather forecast is bad and I think my Visionaire would be here tomorrow- I will check the clevis and if they are the same at my Stryker, I have to mod them with a small steal pin instead of the weak (and horrible) plastic pin.
For example...
That is genius. I am expecting mine tomorrow as well (and, like you, rubbish weather!).

I have some spare metal rod here so will do likewise, or even add a metal clevis if the one I have fits. I'm mainly keen on the elevator as you can fly with one aileron or no rudder. This assumes they simply come off the clevis .... not jam at the same time
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:34 AM
Hey... watch this...
Herndon, Virginia, United States
Joined Feb 2003
787 Posts
Quote:
Now, the above sentence, Sir, is one of the scarier ones I've seen in quite some time...!!.
It is scary!

I love my slick, nothing beats the looks and the quality but this thing is crazy fun.

I do not see the Visionaire replacing my Slick as my favorite plane at the field but for school yard 3D sessions its a beast.
Mmarshall is offline Find More Posts by Mmarshall
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:51 AM
Joined Sep 2011
288 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmarshall View Post
It is scary!

I love my slick, nothing beats the looks and the quality but this thing is crazy fun.

I do not see the Visionaire replacing my Slick as my favorite plane at the field but for school yard 3D sessions its a beast.
I think he was saying that HE flies the Visionaire better, not that IT flies better :-) You would hope so as the Visionaire is a 3D trainer really.

Tom
Tomdomification is offline Find More Posts by Tomdomification
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:59 AM
lownslow
United States, FL, Cape Canaveral
Joined Nov 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
-
Weather forecast is bad and I think my Visionaire would be here tomorrow- I will check the clevis and if tey are the same at my Stryker, I have to mod them with a small steal pin instead of the weak (and horrible) plastic pin.
For example...
Hey SLK, I did exactly the same mod on my stryker, after she went in the first time due to clevis pulling out of the elevon....

Guys, Ace hardware has brass rod that fits perfectly, easy mod

HH, about time we put better clevis' in the aircraft, they are becoming more powerful and more stressed.....
windrnone is offline Find More Posts by windrnone
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:03 AM
lownslow
United States, FL, Cape Canaveral
Joined Nov 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Not a hijack attempt here but as long as you asked...you want a truly religious experience? One that will have you chanting & burning incense after each flight?

<Ahem> But this Visionaire - - Yep!!! I'm experienced 3D and after becoming an AS3X Acolyte on the Beast 3D, 130X, and the HyperTaxi, count me in, baby!!!
No doubt the Crak Yak has a large following but would it be as much fun in 10 knots of wind, the VA is more about wind resistance???
windrnone is offline Find More Posts by windrnone
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:37 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrnone View Post
No doubt the Crak Yak has a large following but would it be as much fun in 10 knots of wind, the VA is more about wind resistance???
No debating that with you but the Crack Yak can take a full throttle head dive into the ground with little to no damage due to it being EPP. That is the difference, if you are learning to 3D you will crash, with EPP it will bounce and be fine. It being indoor season around here, these will be flown inside for now. I can fly these in front of my house as they are so small floaty and light (little damage to the plane and no damage to my house/car), turn up the rates and they turn into monsters.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:06 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,184 Posts
^^ This is why I intend to get a Crack Yak as well as a Visionaire!

Going back to Visionaire equivalents on Phoenix, I have edited a Multiplex Acromaster by putting tip stalling to zero (in the fine tuning section). It now flies, and looks, like I imagine the Visionaire will. I'd be grateful if a Visionaire owner with Phoenix could try this and see if I am correct. I pick it up tomorrow but it may be a while before I can maiden it so I want something relevant to practice on. The edited Shruiken is great but obviously a totally different scale!
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:15 AM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrnone View Post
Hey SLK, I did exactly the same mod on my stryker, after she went in the first time due to clevis pulling out of the elevon....

Guys, Ace hardware has brass rod that fits perfectly, easy mod

HH, about time we put better clevis' in the aircraft, they are becoming more powerful and more stressed.....
I thought everyone did this mod I had the stock clevis break on the radian under very little pressure. Ever since then I always swap them out.
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Busy Life