HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:13 PM
J. Titors Gr Gr Grandpappy
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
1,974 Posts
I'm thinking 11 x 4.7 apc slowflyer prop. Will have to dig up watt meter and order one to try. I wonder how or if the counterbalances built into stock prop are critical for vibration reduction??
Sonofagun is offline Find More Posts by Sonofagun
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2x0
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:14 PM
J. Titors Gr Gr Grandpappy
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
1,974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
(got a new 3 month old at home now!).
Lets get him teething on a tx...
Sonofagun is offline Find More Posts by Sonofagun
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2x0
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:27 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
So you didn't get to fly it? I might get one anyway based on the review above!
Nah. I couldn't get out there this morning.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:28 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun View Post
Lets get him teething on a tx...
One step ahead of you... that boy has airplane everything! Airplane rattle, airplane PJ's, airplane bibs, daddy's co-pilot shirts, etc...
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:33 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Nah. I couldn't get out there this morning.
Bummer. Oh well.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:56 PM
Hey... watch this...
Herndon, Virginia, United States
Joined Feb 2003
787 Posts
I replace the elevator servo horn with one that I had in my toolbox, I think it is from a HS65MG.

I ran a 3's 2250 40C and it does give a littler more power (or less sag).

BTW Nice flying!
Mmarshall is offline Find More Posts by Mmarshall
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:04 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmarshall View Post
I replace the elevator servo horn with one that I had in my toolbox, I think it is from a HS65MG.

I ran a 3's 2250 40C and it does give a littler more power (or less sag).

BTW Nice flying!
A stock hs-65mg arm?

And are you talking to me about nice flying? If so, thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:33 PM
Hey... watch this...
Herndon, Virginia, United States
Joined Feb 2003
787 Posts
Its a stock HS-65 arm with an extension that came with one of my EF or 3dhs planes.

I was talking about Sonofagun's video... But I am sure you fly good too
Mmarshall is offline Find More Posts by Mmarshall
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:35 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
3,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmarshall View Post
Its a stock HS-65 arm with an extension that came with one of my EF or 3dhs planes.

I was talking about Sonofagun's video... But I am sure you fly good too
Thanks.

Oh, ok. Haha.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:47 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2013
24 Posts
Not So Good Of A Day..

Went to the Field today and made several more flights with the Visionaire.. Even let a few other experienced 3D pilots fly it to get their views and opinions on it. Everyone of them thought it was a blast to fly and were amazed at what it could and would do.. Then the bad part...... I was flying it and the elevator clevis broke while in mid flight.. Needless to say I didn't have any UP or DOWN control and it decided to go down, it nosedived from about 150 feet in the air straight into the ground.. The prop broke, the spinner was damaged, and the fuselage broke in half just about 5 inches back from the prop. I'm just glad it didn't break while one of the others were flying it because they surely would have felt real bad. Everything else looks good with not even a scuff.. I just ordered a new fuselage, prop, and spinner from Horizon earlier this evening.. Cost was about 50 bucks for the new parts and 12 bucks for UPS Ground shipping. After ordering the parts, I epoxied the fuselage back together and you can barely tell it was ever broke. If this would have been a balsa plane, I would have had a 10 year suppy of toothpicks.. Anyways... just a note to you all that you might want to check your clevises.. The clevis pin that goes through the control horns are very tiny and plastic. They look exactly like the ones on my PZ T-28 and I have never had a problem with those even after approximately 500 flights. I might not ever have another issue with the Visionaire Clevises but I've decided to go ahead and change out all the clevises just to be safe. Gonna go by the Hobby Shop tomorrow to see if they have a 12 x 4E prop by chance. Thats all I need to fly until the new parts get here. Anyone have a suggestion on a different size prop that won't overload the ESC if they don't have the 12 x 4?? The ordered 12 x 4E prop should be here by the end of the week. If I have to substitute another prop size, I'd prefer a slower prop than a faster prop. Thanks
Cloud_Buster is offline Find More Posts by Cloud_Buster
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:55 PM
Road Scholar
United States, SC, Fort Mill
Joined Oct 2012
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Buster View Post
Anyways... just a note to you all that you might want to check your clevises.
Thanks for the heads up. Mine had a bad aileron servo. In the middle of my 5th flight, the left aileron went nuts. Fortunately I was able to put her down in the tall weeds. No damage. HH is sending me a new servo.
JimmyJet727 is offline Find More Posts by JimmyJet727
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:20 PM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Went to the Field today and made several more flights with the Visionaire.. Even let a few other experienced 3D pilots fly it to get their views and opinions on it. Everyone of them thought it was a blast to fly and were amazed at what it could and would do.. Then the bad part...... I was flying it and the elevator clevis broke while in mid flight.. Needless to say I didn't have any UP or DOWN control and it decided to go down, it nosedived from about 150 feet in the air straight into the ground.. The prop broke, the spinner was damaged, and the fuselage broke in half just about 5 inches back from the prop. I'm just glad it didn't break while one of the others were flying it because they surely would have felt real bad. Everything else looks good with not even a scuff.. I just ordered a new fuselage, prop, and spinner from Horizon earlier this evening.. Cost was about 50 bucks for the new parts and 12 bucks for UPS Ground shipping. After ordering the parts, I epoxied the fuselage back together and you can barely tell it was ever broke. If this would have been a balsa plane, I would have had a 10 year suppy of toothpicks.. Anyways... just a note to you all that you might want to check your clevises.. The clevis pin that goes through the control horns are very tiny and plastic. They look exactly like the ones on my PZ T-28 and I have never had a problem with those even after approximately 500 flights. I might not ever have another issue with the Visionaire Clevises but I've decided to go ahead and change out all the clevises just to be safe. Gonna go by the Hobby Shop tomorrow to see if they have a 12 x 4E prop by chance. Thats all I need to fly until the new parts get here. Anyone have a suggestion on a different size prop that won't overload the ESC if they don't have the 12 x 4?? The ordered 12 x 4E prop should be here by the end of the week. If I have to substitute another prop size, I'd prefer a slower prop than a faster prop. Thanks
I have to say, I am a bit down on the control linkages on some of these HH planes. They need up the quality on linkages in general and use good nylon. Radian and Statos same to name a few. I mean come on, we talking linkage here.
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:22 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
I definitely would contact HH, explain the issue and they might refund you the cost. The stresses on the linkages for this plane will be much more than a T 28.

Quote:
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:26 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
I definitely would contact HH, explain the issue and they might refund you the cost. The stresses on the linkages for this plane will be much more than a T 28.
+1. What happened to you should not happen.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:23 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
I have several 1600mah 3s batteries, 40c. think they would work in this plane?
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1