SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:35 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,988 Posts
Is the 125% setting just to use the max rates? My 12X goes to 150% should that be used or stick to 125% (don't have the plane, just curious about the setup.)

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:06 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr View Post
Is the 125% setting just to use the max rates? My 12X goes to 150% should that be used or stick to 125% (don't have the plane, just curious about the setup.)

Azarr
I've always used as much as I can without experiencing any servo binding. It's not only for max travel but it's also for servo resolution. It's my understanding that you will experience finer control with max end point adjustments.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:34 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I've always used as much as I can without experiencing any servo binding. It's not only for max travel but it's also for servo resolution. It's my understanding that you will experience finer control with max end point adjustments.
I agree, however QQ specifically mentioned 125% not "max travel" possibly because that's the max travel on the Spektrum transmitters. (?) There seems to be some interaction set in the stabilization system that requires that level of travel. Not sure how 150% on JR relates to 125% on Spektrum, it may be identical travel and just a matter of implementation.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:35 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
But I think for this rx it needs to be set to 125%.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:57 AM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Aug 2010
1,021 Posts
Just the right size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlongenecker View Post
Would you prefer a Visionaire to be bigger or is the size just right?
I'm fortunate to have a long runway and plenty of space in which to fly.

My regular model of choice is a 50cc Yak, but I like this Visionaire a lot.
Yes,it's a park flyer, but I might enjoy one with a 60 inch wingspan or larger.
Anyone else, or am I alone in this?
Your thoughts?
I drive small cars and only buy what I can take with me
without having to disassemble it.
flydown is online now Find More Posts by flydown
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:28 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
I agree, however QQ specifically mentioned 125% not "max travel" possibly because that's the max travel on the Spektrum transmitters. (?) There seems to be some interaction set in the stabilization system that requires that level of travel. Not sure how 150% on JR relates to 125% on Spektrum, it may be identical travel and just a matter of implementation.

Azarr
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
But I think for this rx it needs to be set to 125%.
Ah... ok. I must have missed that.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:52 PM
Team Horizon Hobby
United States, GA, Canton
Joined Feb 2012
71 Posts
VisionAire- cold windy fun (3 min 18 sec)

Hey guys! I haven't had a chance to fly the VisionAire since we shot the product video a few months back.

Well I finally got chance to fly it again today and figured if I'm going to fly it I might as well shoot some video.

Can wait to shoot another one when it gets clam out. As fun as this plane is to fly in all sorts of wind it's even more fun to fly in super calm conditions.
_Colton_ is offline Find More Posts by _Colton_
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:19 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,479 Posts
Quote:

Azarr
125% is the max on the DX6i, the DX7, DX8, etc. all go to 150%. And that is using the same scale, the DX6i does not let you get as much throw as you can with a DX8.

My understanding is that regardless of what your radios max is you should use 125% though.
AeroKen is online now Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:22 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
928 Posts
Hi colton

yes, that rocks and I'm surprised how precise she flies in the wind
-
In my opinion, from looking to all what I have seen up to now, the Visionaire seems to be a great plane which fits all and can fly in all weather conditions. I compare it with the Stryker, one of my favorite planes, which runs,runs and runs...makes fun every flight anymore.
-
However, I ordered my Visionaire last hour I'm looking forward to the first flight - thanks to QQ for all tips he posted here and if the plane arrives, I'm up to date with all things which I have to do.
-
Question: did you already use another prop ?- in the video the stock prop has much punch, not know if it's good to change it for better effectivity
YESSSS, my Visionaire is coming....
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:22 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
C'mon HH slap that new RX in a Beast about the same size as this or in between this and the Edge QQ and peoples faces would explode!

tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:29 PM
lownslow
United States, FL, Cape Canaveral
Joined Nov 2011
338 Posts
Found the paint can ......
windrnone is offline Find More Posts by windrnone
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:45 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
Oh boy! What a plane! The maiden with the Parkzone VisionAire went off without a hitch! youtube.com/watch?v=eJO32R9iHhA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJO32R9iHhA[/URL]
As always, nice vid Chuck.

Looks like a fun plane to fly.
tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:15 PM
Team Horizon Hobby
United States, GA, Canton
Joined Feb 2012
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
Hi colton

yes, that rocks and I'm surprised how precise she flies in the wind
-
In my opinion, from looking to all what I have seen up to now, the Visionaire seems to be a great plane which fits all and can fly in all weather conditions. I compare it with the Stryker, one of my favorite planes, which runs,runs and runs...makes fun every flight anymore.
-
However, I ordered my Visionaire last hour I'm looking forward to the first flight - thanks to QQ for all tips he posted here and if the plane arrives, I'm up to date with all things which I have to do.
-
Question: did you already use another prop ?- in the video the stock prop has much punch, not know if it's good to change it for better effectivity
YESSSS, my Visionaire is coming....

Hey Count! Hope to see many video's from you guys flying this plane.

Prop is stock. The whole plane is stock and flown on the DX8 with the downloadable program.
Only difference is how much more power I use in flight (compared to product video) and how I use the inertia of the plane. Like full throttle...then pull up. you get more energy that way than hover and punch out.
_Colton_ is offline Find More Posts by _Colton_
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:31 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2010
146 Posts
Downloadable program for DX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Colton_ View Post
Hey Count! Hope to see many video's from you guys flying this plane.

Prop is stock. The whole plane is stock and flown on the DX8 with the downloadable program. ....
Found the link to the downloadable program, but is it really any different than the settings outlined for the DX8 in the manual?
rlongenecker is offline Find More Posts by rlongenecker
Last edited by rlongenecker; Jan 24, 2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:37 PM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrnone View Post
Found the paint can ......

What brand/type of paint did you use?
RC_Feen is online now Find More Posts by RC_Feen