HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:02 PM
Joined Jan 2013
22 Posts
We are very happy to see you guys having a good time, after all that is what this hobby is about it!.
On my last post I omitted to mention few points that I think are important for first flight with VisionAire.
CG
The most accurate way I found to check the CG for VisionAire is by checking it in flight. This recommendation it is on the manual as well. We also give you a balance point from leading edge back. This reference point is where plane balance. But the thought behind checking in flight is because it is the most precise way to check and in this particular airplane. The best CG for this plane is the following: Flight horizontal and wing level, around 3/4 to full throttle. Then do half roll and put it inverted. The model should fly "hands free" (no push/no pull) for good period of time (might be 4-5 seconds....1001, 1002, 1003, 1004/1005!) . Plane should be flying up wind.
The plane it is designed around that CG location, things like, wing angle, motor angle, RX tune, stab angle, etc. Also this CG is not a CG that is for experts, this is the best for the airplane, which equals the best CG for everybody.
From manufacturing point of view we need some tolerance, in general the provided battery should be place in the middle of the battery compartment. Most likely you ill be using only the rear velcro. The idea of the two velcro is to give you choices. Install the provided stick velcro in the battery and with one velcro it proved in all our tests to be more than strong.
So when you go out for first time balance the plane with the reference balance point we provide in the manual. You should be very close. Then do the flight test I just described and you should be in good shape.

Trim
It is important to to have the sub-trim set to absolute zero. Trim has a small tolerance (read below). If Sub trim is not zero and trim not inside of the tolerance you would experience inconsistency. You will also experience shift servo position when channel 5 it is switched.
Tips:
Sub-trim set to ZERO. and never move it.
Set all trims to zero. Then mechanically adjust the control surface till you get all of them in perfectly neutral.
So take off in general flight (channel 5 position 0) and trim you airplane. Trim the airplane at full power. You might have some needs to trim. Do so till the plane is trim and flies hand free.
Do your CG check I explain above. If CG is not there land the airplane and move the battery till is good.
Then, land the plane and check/mark where the control surface are. Then set your TX trim back to zero and then re-adjust linkage length till control surface align with your marks.
Take off and re-check but should be ready to go.
All this process it should take few minutes, but it it worthy.
Note: Trim has a small tolerance. Up to 3-4 clicks each direction it is ok. We build this tolerance so you do not need to be all the time mechanically adjusting the linkage.
The best way to check if you are inside of that tolerance is by flipping the channel 5 and you should not see any of the surfaces moving. If they move, it means your trims are too far from neutral.
I do not know but it is just my competition mind, but I really like to fly airplanes that are well trim and set up.
So from my experience over the years and in particular now with the VisionAire these are the recommendations that I thought would be helpful for you guys.

Happy flying!

Quique Somenzini
Quique Somenzini is offline Find More Posts by Quique Somenzini
Last edited by Quique Somenzini; Jan 23, 2013 at 11:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:06 PM
USA, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
i am getting 6 min,,,full 3d ,,,using 30 to 65 percent of throttle,,low and slow,,,using 70 to 80% of battery.1760 is 80% of batt...... i fly visionaire inbackyard,about 100 by80ft .can land in about 10 to 15 seconds after timer goes off......fly edge 540qq slow in backyard also, timer at 6min ..use only 60 to 75% of battery....less throttle = more flyght time
So Dale, if you were only going to get one of these 2 planes as a learn-3D plane and

1. there was always at least a 10mph wind
2. flew in a short grassed field about 2/3 football field

-which would you get?
texbird is offline Find More Posts by texbird
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:08 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty66 View Post
Got mine from Model Flight yesterday & with the weather being great I went straight to the Adelaide park lands, instead of driving 100 km home :-) put it together in about 45 minutes, the only problem I had was when I flicked channel 5 from normal flight to 3d the elevator would move up about 5 mm's. So I did another bind with the gear switch changed & it was still doing it on the ground so I manually trimmed the elevator with it set on 3D, took it for a flight & when I landed it was all working great, so not to sure what was going on. Anyway I class myself as a very average intermediate. I've had a few 3d foamies to try & learn 3D with but this one is the one i've been weighting for, had a ball with it & great to fly. Took a few runs to get it manually trimmed & with different winds & different batteries I still find I might need 1 or 2 clicks to get it spot on, have herd trimms should be at 0 but I cant see a problem with 1 or 2 clicks ???(hope im right I now just fly it on 3D & just change my rates with 90% of the time on high rate, it is still very easy to fly set up like that & I find it also easier to land on 3D as u have more control. Fantastic plane & am now doing slow flying manuvers that I was struggling with before. Love my Stryker for fast stuff, Icon in my back yard on the river but this is my favourate 3D & general flying plane.
In the park putting it together
Attachment 5474625
looks like it travels in style
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:28 PM
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Feb 2010
100 Posts
Quique, I can't thank you enough for coming on here to respond to the questions. The two answers I needed were in your post. Thank you again!!
rsobel is offline Find More Posts by rsobel
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:59 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by texbird View Post
So Dale, if you were only going to get one of these 2 planes as a learn-3D plane and

1. there was always at least a 10mph wind
2. flew in a short grassed field about 2/3 football field

-which would you get?
visionaire,,,,,, edge flys better slow in 0 to about 3 mph breeze,,,5+ winds it needs more throttle and hight to cut through wind........also pretty stable for size and weight.........less to 0 3d in 10 + winds,but still fun.......only have flown visionaire in 0 to about 3 mph..with as3x , real stable ,EASYER to hold in hover and slow high nose harriers,,also if it falls out of a maneuver it falls slow .unless U R about 3 ft off of ground,,, should be stable and floaty in 10 mph winds but i cannot give answer about 3d in high wind.......check out vids of QQ flying in small gym....and chuck seeker flying ...acouple pages back..Dale BACKYARD is 100 by 80 ft
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Last edited by dalecheek1; Jan 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:11 AM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsobel View Post
Quique, I can't thank you enough for coming on here to respond to the questions.
I agree, this is a really good "support" !!!
However,last but not least, Quique's postings convinced me to buy this plane. My birthday is coming soon and - now I have my wish
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:32 AM
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watdazit View Post
You know you have a good product when the manufacturer/designers are prepared to enter into dialogue with its customers. Good one Quique and Parkzone.
Im curious, How does entering into "dialogue" make good products?
Airdog67 is offline Find More Posts by Airdog67
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:07 AM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog67 View Post
The customer feedback loop is most important for any product or service.
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:48 AM
Australia, SA, Tailem Bend
Joined Jun 2012
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
looks like it travels in style
Not really, just an old Falcon wagon Nice to meet u last thursday at ETSA park ( the good looking big guy asking questions about the Visioair
Marty66 is offline Find More Posts by Marty66
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:22 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty66 View Post
Not really, just an old Falcon wagon Nice to meet u last thursday at ETSA park ( the good looking big guy asking questions about the Visioair
ahh the wagon with a wheel hub missing haha good to chat, not a very successful indoor flight, i have a feeling it was in General not 3D? as he said he didn't have enough elevator, it's the same plane i have here and it flew great first flight.

Now i know i go on about this plane but wow just back from a session with my UMX Sbach and i swear the VisionAire has given me that, what ever it is and i flew the Sbach the best i ever have and on 100% rates

long weekend coming up hope we get some good weather i have a new Hobbyzone Glasair to maiden

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:22 AM
lownslow
United States, FL, Cape Canaveral
Joined Nov 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsobel View Post
Quique, I can't thank you enough for coming on here to respond to the questions. The two answers I needed were in your post. Thank you again!!
+1 ..................
windrnone is offline Find More Posts by windrnone
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:49 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog67 View Post
What do you prefer?

The old business style: A company that spend 90% of their time designing what they THINK the customer want (without ever asking anybody) and 10% of their time fixing the stuff the customer didn't even want in the first place.

Or:
A company that listen to the customer, spend 90% of their time designing exactly what their customers want and need, and 10% giving them something they didn't expected at all (but still wanted, just didn't knew about!).

A good example is software/operating system. What we usually get when we get an "update", or new software/OS is simply what some programmers (totally out of the loop) think we need, or need themselves (which is not better), or copied from another company, without even thinking if we really needed that or not.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:05 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
I think it is great that he took the time to talk on here.

I have to commend HH on getting products from announcement to the market faster than ever. However, my hope is that they are not sacrificing the quality of their products for the speed to market. SEVERAL of their new releases has suffered from QC issues that should not have happened and many people have said shrugged them off.

Don't get me wrong, I love HH products! I have well over 10 of them. But these latest releases with their issues have affected my confidence in their products.

I really really hope that this plane stays rock solid as it has shown in the videos because it looks very promising! Still not sure if it is for me...yet.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:42 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2010
146 Posts
Bigger!

Would you prefer a Visionaire to be bigger or is the size just right?
I'm fortunate to have a long runway and plenty of space in which to fly.

My regular model of choice is a 50cc Yak, but I like this Visionaire a lot.
Yes,it's a park flyer, but I might enjoy one with a 60 inch wingspan or larger.
Anyone else, or am I alone in this?
Your thoughts?
rlongenecker is offline Find More Posts by rlongenecker
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:44 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjs View Post
The customer feedback loop is most important for any product or service.
Spot-on!!!

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member