HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:35 PM
Joined Aug 2011
769 Posts
Hey Chuck,

would you say the Visionaire is easy to perform 3D with than the UMX Sbach 3D?
jim350 is offline Find More Posts by jim350
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:41 PM
Joined Sep 2012
9 Posts
Question on one of the things ChuckTseeker said... He mentioned switching it between sport mode and 3D mode while flying, but in the instructions that come with the plane, switching between 3D and sport mode requires killing power to the receiver (you power up the receiver with the transmitter sticks in certain positions). Is there something I am not understanding?
VegasJay is offline Find More Posts by VegasJay
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:04 AM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Jul 2007
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasJay View Post
Question on one of the things ChuckTseeker said... He mentioned switching it between sport mode and 3D mode while flying, but in the instructions that come with the plane, switching between 3D and sport mode requires killing power to the receiver (you power up the receiver with the transmitter sticks in certain positions). Is there something I am not understanding?
Not sure about this - I thought the tx gear switch switches between sport and 3D while the dual rates is dual rates switch(es). Unless the manual is referring to the DX4 and DX5 txs?
MalcolmS is offline Find More Posts by MalcolmS
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:14 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim350 View Post
Hey Chuck,

would you say the Visionaire is easy to perform 3D with than the UMX Sbach 3D?
put simple Jim YES! i am rendering a video form today now it's not the best but your see me flying like you have never before i can see this plane being a great learning tool. Am i peeved this came out 2 weeks after i bought a CZ Yak 54 "NO WAY!" the Yak is such an awesome plane too, but this new VisionAire is going to teach me and give me the confidence to try more with my Yak, plus it was just so much fun trying all the moves when i land the wind is blowing me side ways and although i drop a little quick it still landed sound!

yep this is the one that will drive the nail into the coffin for my other PZ warbirds they feel like toys after these two planes and i can see them only coming out at shows for display flying haha as the Yak and VisionAire will be my go to planes for a while now i reckon

cheers chuck

PS gee i can ramble on when i really like something
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:36 AM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,957 Posts
Is the closest sim model today to this the AcroMaster Multiplex in Phoenix ?
tia
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:23 AM
Joined Sep 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmS View Post
Not sure about this - I thought the tx gear switch switches between sport and 3D while the dual rates is dual rates switch(es). Unless the manual is referring to the DX4 and DX5 txs?
That's why it might be a simple misunderstanding on my part. What I understand from what I have read, the receiver has three modes (3D Computer, 3D Non-Computer, and Sport). Each of those three modes has a low gain and a high gain setting. The low gain versus the high gain is selected via the gear switch. The mode is selected by positioning the transmitter sticks while powering up the receiver.

All of this is completely separate from dual rate settings that might be applied. maybe I just "don't get it." I am a pretty much a beginner (I currently fly a T-28 and have been flying for only about 4 months), but this plane looks really interesting to me. It seems like I could fly it in "sport" mode and continue to master my basic flying skills, but I could also use it for learning 3D and stunt flying and that the AS3X technology might help me make that transition easier.
VegasJay is offline Find More Posts by VegasJay
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:44 AM
United States, CA, Burlingame
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
It's really disappointing to me that Horizon seems to be phasing out ARF models. Before I felt like I had a choice. Now if i want a horizon hobby product I have to buy one with Spektrum electronics. I don't want a stupid $120 receiver with as3x. How long before they implement a proprietary brick style esc/receiver on the full size models to further their control of the tx/rx market?

HH, the only thing you are good for is airframes. That's the honest truth. Please sell me your awesome airframes in a kit so I can go buy cheap Chinese electronics for a cheap price, instead of cheap Chinese electronics for a high price from you. Kthxbye
Var. is offline Find More Posts by Var.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:05 AM
wjs
William
Joined Oct 2012
1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var. View Post
It's really disappointing to me that Horizon seems to be phasing out ARF models. Before I felt like I had a choice. Now if i want a horizon hobby product I have to buy one with Spektrum electronics. I don't want a stupid $120 receiver with as3x. How long before they implement a proprietary brick style esc/receiver on the full size models to further their control of the tx/rx market?

HH, the only thing you are good for is airframes. That's the honest truth. Please sell me your awesome airframes in a kit so I can go buy cheap Chinese electronics for a cheap price, instead of cheap Chinese electronics for a high price from you. Kthxbye
Seems a bit odd. They have exactly one plane now with AR635 as a showcase for the product. You have plenty of BNF planes over there to pick from. With rx3, you get what you pay for.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:06 AM
United States, CA, Burlingame
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjs View Post
Seems a bit odd. They have exactly one plane now with AR635 as a showcase for the product. You have plenty of BNF planes over there to pick from. With rx3, you get what you pay for.
I don't want bnf. I want ARF.

Even if I wanted to piece together my own carbon z yak kit, they have had the fuselage on back order for months, but they still have plenty of bnf models for sale. How convenient.
Var. is offline Find More Posts by Var.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:14 AM
wjs
William
Joined Oct 2012
1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var. View Post
I don't want bnf. I want ARF.

Even if I wanted to piece together my own carbon z yak kit, they have had the fuselage on back order for months, but they still have plenty of bnf models for sale. How convenient.
I didn't mean bnf (error), I meant PNP. They have plenty there you can use your own electronics.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:39 AM
Joined Dec 2007
3,396 Posts
This ones a Keeper for sure, second time out and i'm having "Real" fun! and on Full 3d 100% Rates after take off and it is still flyable by a pilot like myself. Yes for your first couple of flights take her up high and on low rates at first, then flick the switch for excitement.
So sit back and enjoy another flight. Oh! and tell ya wives, "I'm Sorry!" about the budget LOL

cheers chuck

Parkzone VisionAire Chuck's Second Outing (5 min 56 sec)
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:12 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,119 Posts
Thanks Chuck. No, it wasn't the best video but it did show how nicely it handles the wind. There's plenty in stock in the UK and the weather is foul (and my club waterlogged ...) but I think I will order now as they are sure to be gone soon I think.

Edit: How long is your timer set and how much does it take out of the battery?
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:19 AM
Joined Dec 2007
3,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAround View Post
Thanks Chuck. No, it wasn't the best video but it did show how nicely it handles the wind. There's plenty in stock in the UK and the weather is foul (and my club waterlogged ...) but I think I will order now as they are sure to be gone soon I think.

Edit: How long is your timer set and how much does it take out of the battery?
i have my timer set for 5 minutes like the manual said, charging the batts now, will report back when i have charged them all, to get a good idea then as i flew a lot harder today than i did on the maiden

cheers chuck

PS i still can't believe this baby uses batteries i have plenty of and has the power it does on 3s

EDIT# Just finished charging and all my batteries were around the 1640 mAh for the 5 minute flights
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Jan 23, 2013 at 04:47 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:38 AM
A geriatric flier
Australia, NSW, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2008
790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quique Somenzini View Post
Hi Guys,
As you see I am not actively writing on forums, .................
Thanks.

Quique Somenzini
Horizon Hobby
You know you have a good product when the manufacturer/designers are prepared to enter into dialogue with its customers. Good one Quique and Parkzone.
Watdazit is offline Find More Posts by Watdazit
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:58 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
i still can't believe this baby uses batteries i have plenty of and has the power it does on 3s

EDIT# Just finished charging and all my batteries were around the 1640 mAh for the 5 minute flights
Using what is probably the most standard LIPO in the electrical RC field (3S 2200mah), was probably the most awesome decision HH/QQ did when they designed this airplane. Almost everybody who fly parkflier has some. Heck, I have 10 of those (mostly because I like my Stryker Q so much).
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler