HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:20 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
912 Posts
RG..what are you doing ? I thought all users want a 280 size Beast and now we are a class higher ?
YES....a bigger Beast would be a blast !
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:23 PM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Jul 2007
96 Posts
Collecting mine tomorrow and hoping to maiden on the weekend. Very excited as always wanted a good trainer 3D plane. I used to have an old second hand PZ Typhoon which was good fun but I could never get it to do much 3D (was also a newbie who tried to run before walking) Also have had RC Factory Yak55 but that is now falling apart a bit as the ailerons and elevators have now ripped and the wings are cracked at the root as well as having rebuilt the nose due to various "incidents"

Anyway am hoping to do good things with this especially with the AS3X as I love it on my UMX Beast 3D

Oh and just to add my thanks Quique for jumping in with advice - great to have the designer talking
MalcolmS is offline Find More Posts by MalcolmS
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:23 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
912 Posts
what about the prop ? is it efficient ? or weak ? Can I change it ?
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:24 PM
Canada, AB
Joined Jun 2011
183 Posts
The Visionaire is definitely on my radar but I would also Love a park flier sized Beast. About the size of my SE5A
mxz1998 is offline Find More Posts by mxz1998
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:31 PM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
I am making space for the beast too, HH has to make one for as all!!
carlostomasso is offline Find More Posts by carlostomasso
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:38 PM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
+1 for larger sized Beast!!
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:44 PM
lownslow
United States, FL, Cape Canaveral
Joined Nov 2011
335 Posts
Thanks for jumping in Quique, I now better understand the relationship of the gear switch and D/R switch, it was confusing me. I am now thinking of the AR635 on my CZ-YAK!

Guys I found the prop very slightly out balance, but had it done in about 10 minutes, it has like counterbalancers on the hub, made it easy.......

............ed
windrnone is offline Find More Posts by windrnone
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:02 PM
lownslow
United States, FL, Cape Canaveral
Joined Nov 2011
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsobel View Post
Thanks Quique, and I'll add another vote for the park flyer sized Beast. I wish he had addressed the battery placement issue. I do not have a real CG tool, so am relying on my UNreliable finger method. The manual says battery in middle of the compartment, but at that point the forward most strap doesn't barely come onto the battery. It seems like the battery should go all the way forward against the stop in the nose, and then the strap fits better. Can some one who can check CG with something more precise check on this for me?
Mine seems to be correct with battery all the way forward in the tray, if I ever get to fly it I then do the dive test and inverted flight test

http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/tri...-airplane.html
windrnone is offline Find More Posts by windrnone
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:38 PM
J. Titors Gr Gr Grandpappy
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
1,942 Posts
QQ thanks for posting. My problem is finding one. They keep disappearing. Anyone want to post picture of moto mount?
Sonofagun is online now Find More Posts by Sonofagun
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2x0
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:22 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,009 Posts
Yeah, lets see some pics!
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:51 PM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
Found this one,so far the only video I have not seen 300 times. Cant wait to get my hands on thi one
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:52 PM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
Visionare as3x

Parkzone visionaire AS3X with spektrum dx18qq flown by www.trct.co.uk (2 min 29 sec)
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:22 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,679 Posts
Great video, though I was looking forward to seeing how he landed it? (Trying to get ideas as there are no runways around my parts right now, dead of winter, TONS of snow, and you won't fly this one off the street in the block like my Ultra micros!)

Great find.

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:03 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2013
24 Posts
Just got my Visionaire today and I'm really impressed with the looks of this plane. I set it up exactly as stated in the manual with all travels set to 125%. I use a Spektrum DX6I DSMX radio so I only have 2 rates. Low rates set at 70% and High rates set at 100%. I also set the expos as stated in the manual. That sure looks like a lot of throws to me but of course I'm more use to flying scale type planes such as Cubs, Trojans, Taylorcraft, etc. I do have a 480 power Eflite Balsa Edge 540 3D that my low rates are set on about 30% and high rates on 70%. I am by no means a 3D pilot but eager to learn and I'm hoping this Visionaire will help me a great deal.

Any advice or tips for a newbie 3D Pilot Wannabe from some of you guys that have already flown the Visionaire?? Is there ANY plane on the Phoenix Simulator that would even come close to what this Visionaire flys like?? I have no problem flying, harrier, and hovering the Kyosho Edge 540 on the Sim with high rates set at 100% but doubt the Edge on the Sim is anything like flying the Visionaire...especially in real time.

Please.. If you have flown this plane and can help out with a few tips and advice for the first flight , I would greatly appreciate it and think that others newbies would as well. Thanks...
Cloud_Buster is offline Find More Posts by Cloud_Buster
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:05 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,672 Posts
Please, please, please park sized Beast.
Bloosee is offline Find More Posts by Bloosee