HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:17 PM
lownslow
United States, FL, Cape Canaveral
Joined Nov 2011
333 Posts
These are large surfaces, dont need a lot of gyro, too much gain on airplanes give a violent shake, I tried it on another.
I get about 1/2" of aileron deflection on low gyro and about 3/4" on high gyro when shaking, seems plenty to me w/o flying it (this is one direction only at the root).........

...........ed
windrnone is offline Find More Posts by windrnone
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:21 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jul 2004
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
me i have no pre flight expetations about any plane,,,EXPERT flyers ALWAYS make make it look SO EASY,,,,,so i copy there moves over and over untill i can do stuff on a consistent level,,,,,,PRACTICE ,PRACTICE ,PRACTICE your new friend DALE.....post a vid
Hi Dale, i can hover... no issue there. and it did come to me from practice-practice-practice. just thought my work load would decrease with the new AR635. it did not. as i said, it keeps the plane smooth in flight, but not much help in 3D that i can see.
imacav8r is offline Find More Posts by imacav8r
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:40 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imacav8r View Post
Hi Dale, i can hover... no issue there. and it did come to me from practice-practice-practice. just thought my work load would decrease with the new AR635. it did not. as i said, it keeps the plane smooth in flight, but not much help in 3D that i can see.
That's a good thing in my book!! I guessing it helps in harriers and KE and stuff like that.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:50 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,995 Posts
Turner, did you buy one yet?
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:55 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Turner, did you buy one yet?
LOL! Nope. It's a standoff!!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:16 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
2,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
LOL! Nope. It's a standoff!!
LOL!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:17 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
2,995 Posts
I'm seriously considering getting it!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:29 PM
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Feb 2010
100 Posts
built and in hangar

okay, got mine built and waiting on a good day for the maiden. Hardest part was figuring out which screws were for which, especially that lower clear hatch over the receiver, but I put in one of the two middle sized pointed end ones. The smallest pointed ones are for the landing gear obviously and the bolt looking one for the wings, but with the extras they give you, I'm always wondering (glad for the extras though). The gear switch on my DX8 sure does change the throws so that must be it. Boy this plane is bigger than I thought it would be, it dwarfs my F4F (especially) and my other planes by a bit. I did use some thin CA in addition to the tape on the wing fences.
rsobel is offline Find More Posts by rsobel
Last edited by rsobel; Jan 21, 2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:15 PM
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Feb 2010
100 Posts
Question on Battery Placement

Okay, I'm a bit unsure on the battery placement. The manual says to put it in the middle of the compartment. Problem with the middle is that the hook/loop strap then is at the very tip of the battery at best. Hum.One would think the stock battery goes all the way forward (toward the nose) against the plastic end barrier...the strap would fit better that way, but I don't think that's right.
rsobel is offline Find More Posts by rsobel
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:17 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
I'm seriously considering getting it!
You should! Can't wait to see what you can do with it. I'm sure it's a blast to fly. I'll get one eventually but I just have other things in the queue right now!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:37 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsobel View Post
Okay, I'm a bit unsure on the battery placement. The manual says to put it in the middle of the compartment. Problem with the middle is that the hook/loop strap then is at the very tip of the battery at best. Hum.One would think the stock battery goes all the way forward (toward the nose) against the plastic end barrier...the strap would fit better that way, but I don't think that's right.
You put the pack wherever it needs to be to get the CG right. Just measure the CG & adjust the pack until the CG is at the factory recommended position. After a few flights, adjust the CG to suit the conditions & your flying style.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:58 AM
accel8or
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2010
459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsobel View Post
Yes, that's where the cg will settle. I maidened mine earlier today and it's spot on. Right up against that plastic end barrier.
accel8or is offline Find More Posts by accel8or
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:03 AM
accel8or
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2010
459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imacav8r View Post
GOT MINE...
flew it and slightly disapointed.... there needs to be more gain available. i even bumped all the gains up to 100% in 3D mode and the surfaces barely react to changes when the plane is shaken. unlike the micros that bang the surfaces when shaken.
you can fly it as fast as possible, in 3D mode with the gains set to 100% and it will not oscilate in any axis. needs more gain.
You know what I found out...on my DX8 at least, the gear switch is what activates the 3D mode big time.
accel8or is offline Find More Posts by accel8or
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:23 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Joined May 2011
2,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
You should! Can't wait to see what you can do with it. I'm sure it's a blast to fly. I'll get one eventually but I just have other things in the queue right now!
I'm hoping I can get the price down to around $225 from discounts and then selling the battery and charger.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:26 AM
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Jun 2012
347 Posts
rsobel, i like that plane rack
bladeguy5 is offline Find More Posts by bladeguy5