HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:46 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,250 Posts
Nice report Turkee. We need some video man!!!

By the way... I think you said expo when you meant rates right?
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:53 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post

Turner, you need to get one and tell me if you like it or not and how it flies. That way I can tell if I would like it! I'd probably like it if you do.

This thing would make an awesome backyard flyer. I'd be more comfortable flying this in my backyard than my 42" slick. (which I have done)
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:13 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Turner, you need to get one and tell me if you like it or not and how it flies. That way I can tell if I would like it! I'd probably like it if you do.

This thing would make an awesome backyard flyer. I'd be more comfortable flying this in my backyard than my 42" slick. (which I have done)
Nah man!! You first!!
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:25 PM
United States, IA, Fort Madison
Joined Jan 2009
54 Posts
is this enough throw?

parkzone visionaire (0 min 30 sec)
pasantia is online now Find More Posts by pasantia
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:55 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,191 Posts
i think i will have vision by mid week,,not sure,,,lhs will call when in store..have been flying edge in my 100 by 80ft backyard ,doing slow high nose harriers in tight circles,,not as tight as vision but close enough.....if i can do slow stuff with edge ,in small area ,it should be much easier with vision..
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:56 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2010
10 Posts
Quote:

Yep. Fixed that.
Turkee is offline Find More Posts by Turkee
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:02 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
i think i will have vision by mid week,,not sure,,,lhs will call when in store..have been flying edge in my 100 by 80ft backyard ,doing slow high nose harriers in tight circles,,not as tight as vision but close enough.....if i can do slow stuff with edge ,in small area ,it should be much easier with vision..
Yea... I'd imagine that this plane is floater and slower than the QQ Edge.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:19 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1,191 Posts
Quote:
Yea... I'd imagine that this plane is floater and slower than the QQ Edge.
that is why i want this plane,,,have watched vids of slow flying foamies,,,this bnf with as3x works for me ,,,, do you still fly your slick,,,,,,in your cul d sak
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:35 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1,191 Posts
I also have watched some vids vision maiden flights,,,,not impressed,,,this IS a 3D plane ,these people fly plane a mile high fast as they can go,,,,no slow 3d at all.... ,want to get better at 3d stuff,,,,even today got edge to hover from harriers about 5 0r 6 sec, every time,,,,,,lots of hours put in to get this far........
Last edited by dalecheek1; Jan 21, 2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:29 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
I also have watched some vids vision maiden flights,,,,not impressed,,,this IS a 3D plane ,these people fly plane a mile high fast as they can go,,,,no slow 3d at all....NOT FOR ME ,want to get better at 3d stuff,,,,even today got edge to hover from harriers about 5 0r 6 sec, every time,,,,,,lots of hours put in to get this far........
So because some videos contain flight that isn't 3d, it is going to prevent you from flying the plane 3d?
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:09 AM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,087 Posts
So far I don't see this as any better of a 3D trainer than a telink profile or even a skywing, they also fly slow and easy, but maybe I'm missing something
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:18 AM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Aug 2010
888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
So far I don't see this as any better of a 3D trainer than a telink profile or even a skywing, they also fly slow and easy, but maybe I'm missing something
The AS3X System?
flydown is offline Find More Posts by flydown
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:22 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,079 Posts
Stability and wind stability are HUGE for training, as to the videos they just weren't flying slow, watching many videos its clear this thing has great slow speed capability, great harrier stability and control, reminds me of a multiplex acromaster with as3x.

QQ was flying in a tiny place harriering around, it was QQ's skill, but it looks that any 3d pilot could manage that with relative ease.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:57 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Chuck,

Mugen nailed it. I also have an app for the rx in a plane with a 10-80 MPH speed envelope. If the plane ends up needing separate high & low speed gain profiles, I'd like them to have identical throws.

BTW - great maiden video! You flew her well! What do you think the wind speed was during the flight?

Joel
thanks for that Joel, now i sort of understand, i really am only a learner and do not know or understand all this technical stuff. Yes the VisionAire Maiden was trouble free and a lot easier than i thought. As for the wind it was very light, in the video where i say a breeze just picked up and the plane rocked that was me just testing haha the gusts that were coming through were only light and the plane flew great. Was hoping to put a few batteries through today then get some more footage but alas when i arrived at the runway it was blowing a gale, too much for "Me" to fly the VisionAire and Yak, so i only flew my Radian Pro, had some great flights though, summer thermals are all around at the moment. Hope to get out Wednesday morning for another VisionAire

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:20 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,928 Posts
Quote:
Nah man!! You first!!
I'm going to see if I can fly one first before I buy one.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight