HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:54 PM
Road Scholar
United States, SC, Fort Mill
Joined Oct 2012
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Oh yea. You'll be ok. You'll notice the most of verticals but for everything else you should be just fine.

Did you pick one up from Mike?? Need someone to "test it out" for you??
Hobby Stop is supposed to have it in stock any day now so I'm trying to hold off. They've been very good to me so I try to buy from them as much as possible.

But when I get it, if you want to give it a test flight, yes you can. I'll trust it in your hands more than mine.

JJ
JimmyJet727 is offline Find More Posts by JimmyJet727
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:02 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,449 Posts
sorry guys but gee what a bummer, not getting this plane in the box i had to do the "Un-Boxing" as such at the field before the flight just in case anyway it shows you around the plane and gives some good tips. Well to cut it short the video would have been too long if i added the maiden to it as i am not editing the maiden you get the whole 5 minutes so that will be up straight after,

The Un-Boxing without a Box video

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:58 AM
UMs & parkflyers... for now.
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
2,981 Posts
Yesterday, Hobby Hangar in Chantilly, Virginia had 5 in the box and one assembled for touchy feely. I was sorely tempted but, my flying skills are not yet up to the task.
davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:21 AM
Joined Dec 2007
3,449 Posts
Parkzone VisionAire ChuckT Un-Boxing Without the Box

Well a little unusual i know, but i thought you might like a look around the new Parkzone VisionAire and a few tips before we maiden, so this is The Un-Boxing Without the Box!
We will have a look at the plane , the throws, the AR635 Rx, the battery compartment and a listen to how sweet that motor sounds!

Watch out for Part 2 The Maiden! it's uploading now!

cheers chuck

Parkzone VisionAire ChuckT Un-Boxing Without the Box (3 min 25 sec)
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Jan 20, 2013 at 03:11 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:59 AM
Lost Realist
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
71 Posts
I wonder how the as3x compares with the ORX stabilizer?
LyonNightroad is offline Find More Posts by LyonNightroad
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:04 AM
Joined Feb 2010
283 Posts
Thanks Chuck,
I love the hatch & have many 3 cell 2200 70c nanotechs. After having "some" trouble with many HH products I am tempted to wait a bit for this doll. On the other side I like to be the first to have it on the field
Wondering if we discovered any QC issues, not feeling like a beta test pilot this time... But the mrs said ok so i guess i will not be able to wait
Happy flying pilots
Tomas
carlostomasso is online now Find More Posts by carlostomasso
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:06 AM
Joined Feb 2010
283 Posts
Changing my mind about this purchase every minute...
Su33 Almost Crashes (0 min 16 sec)
carlostomasso is online now Find More Posts by carlostomasso
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:40 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,206 Posts
Just as I watch the 'unboxing', I hit F5 and see the maiden just uploaded! Off to watch now!
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:42 AM
Joined Dec 2007
3,449 Posts
Parkzone VisionAire ChuckT with the Maiden.............

Oh boy! What a plane! The maiden with the Parkzone VisionAire went off without a hitch! No trimming needed, flew off the ground straight and true, like it was on rails, straight up, round and into a hover, it does so much and this was in General with D/R at 70% I then flicked it onto my mid switch at 85% rates in General and to start with i think most will be blown away at how it responds, even in mid rates.
I then flicked back to low rates and hit the 3D switch WOW! man so much fun, this plane flys so slow, but just stays under control, anyway having 3 position switches i set a mid position on the 3D rate setting and flicked to that, it was mind blowing for a noob like me, i never put them on 100% being my first flight, but will try them as soon as i get more comfortable, as this is not my plane and has to go back for other engagements! Oh landing was easy too, i had to go round again because i miss-judged the first and wanted to land in front which was a cinch to do as your see in the video. I tell you i was a bit worried about my skills at flying this one but i should of known better, as this is a Parkzone plane not an E-flite/H9 and as we all know Parkzone is aimed at the average flyer and thats "US!"
Did i mention this plane was Great and although i might not need it, i DO! LOL! yes i think Parkzone could be onto another classic that will have a long production run, another "Must Have" if you have any sense of adventure in this hobby of flight!

cheers chuck

Parkzone VisionAire ChuckT with the Maiden (8 min 51 sec)
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:53 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,206 Posts
Thanks Chuck. I was one of the first to see this video.

As a relative noob to the sport, I was very keen to see what a non-3D pilot made of it. It's all very well watching QQ, or whoever, strutting their stuff with it but that's no good if I crash it on the maiden!

A DX6i will have to suffice so I guess I will only have two rates to choose from.

My mind is made up now. I will be ordering!
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:17 AM
Italy, Piedmont, VB
Joined Jan 2013
6 Posts
Thanks Chuck for your rewiew of this beautiful plane.

I also have few experience with 3d planes but I think this will make me take the next step that I was looking for.
I possess a Multiplex ParkMaster and a Yak 54 E-flite.
The first one is easy, fun and really light, the second one is heavier (maybe too much) and more difficult but still a great plane.
The fact is that the first one is too easy, the second one too difficult, while the Visionaire ... well as usual Parkzone read in my mind..
With this model I made things like rolling harrier (in some way) that I have done just in the simulator or with the ParkMaster, and, that with the _Yak for me seemed impossible ..
I just noticed that at full throttle the plane wings rock, and under to 3/4 gas does not do it, probably need some adjustment on the sensibility of Asx?

An another thing: I have placed the battery all the way back, but it seems that the nose is still heavy , in fact, at inverted flight still loses altitude quickly.

However, (with the 100% rates) i was able to do these things with this plane:

flat spin: i never made it so spectacular!
High alpha knife edge: nice and accurate, especially in very low speed
hovering​​: the plane does not rotate due to the counter-torque, this makes it easier
Harrier: very slow, almost like the Parkmaster
rolling harrier: like the simulator, just that!

Only a bug: it seems to use the simulator and you forget about a possible crash :-)

Fabry
fabry72 is offline Find More Posts by fabry72
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:26 AM
United States, IA, Fort Madison
Joined Jan 2009
68 Posts
still nose heavy at COG 110 mm. from root leading edge?
pasantia is offline Find More Posts by pasantia
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:59 AM
Italy, Piedmont, VB
Joined Jan 2013
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasantia View Post
still nose heavy at COG 110 mm. from root leading edge?
Actually my COG is 120 mm..
fabry72 is offline Find More Posts by fabry72
Last edited by fabry72; Jan 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:49 AM
United States, IA, Fort Madison
Joined Jan 2009
68 Posts
COG on the manual 115 mm.
pasantia is offline Find More Posts by pasantia
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:40 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,068 Posts
After watching ChuckTSeeker's videos, I think I want to move to Australia!

Hot women, oilcans of Foster's, and some great flying. My kind of country.
Left Coast DJ is offline Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ