SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:04 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,429 Posts
just bound mine to my DX8 and had no trouble at all, the Gear switch 0 is general flying and 1 is 3D, if you look at your Rx it flashes different colors, can't get over how much movement 70% is

windy as here at the moment might not get to maiden this weekend

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:58 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
Nooooooooooooooooooo!

Is there an unboxing video coming up while we wait?
GoAround is online now Find More Posts by GoAround
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:36 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAround View Post
Nooooooooooooooooooo!

Is there an unboxing video coming up while we wait?
sorry no un-boxing video as this came already assembled and the box had been thrown out as it's the Modelflight demo plane. I have taken some shots of the new Rx and it's flashing lights in Normal and 3D mode, also show the throws and a motor run up on the ground will put them with the video when i make the maiden. This plane has to go back as others want it for shows etc so i hope i keep it in one piece haha

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:48 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,184 Posts
Understood Chuck. I'll just keep hitting F5 on your YouTube page until I see the video
GoAround is online now Find More Posts by GoAround
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:36 AM
Joined Sep 2011
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
just bound mine to my DX8 and had no trouble at all, the Gear switch 0 is general flying and 1 is 3D, if you look at your Rx it flashes different colors, can't get over how much movement 70% is

cheers chuck
Windy forecast for Tassie too Chuck. Seems like our weather is pretty similar to yours (at least wind-wise).

Tom
Tomdomification is offline Find More Posts by Tomdomification
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:02 AM
United States, IA, Fort Madison
Joined Jan 2009
67 Posts
I have read that you can turn the as3x on and off.
pasantia is offline Find More Posts by pasantia
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:51 AM
Joined Dec 2012
7 Posts
Love the vids for this plane. although I'm a relative beginner I spend alot of time on the sim and have gotten decent at low slow 3D with the full size beast and a couple other planes on the Phoenix sim. I'm curious as to how this flys 3D compared to the sim.
hyp05fxdl is offline Find More Posts by hyp05fxdl
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:03 AM
Joined Sep 2011
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyp05fxdl View Post
Love the vids for this plane. although I'm a relative beginner I spend alot of time on the sim and have gotten decent at low slow 3D with the full size beast and a couple other planes on the Phoenix sim. I'm curious as to how this flys 3D compared to the sim.
I can't really say but I can tell you, it'll fly differently to the beast :-)
Apart from the sim's profile foamies, this plane would probably be easier to 3D (although lack of nerves etc. makes the sim easier). When you say beginner, what do you mean? Eg. 3-channels mastered, basic 4ch aerobatics...

If your comfortable with real-life 4-channel sport flying then this plane will be great. It's designed specifically for sport pilots to learn 3D :-)

Tom
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:12 AM
Joined Dec 2012
7 Posts
real world - I'm Ok with flying the Stinson around the local high school field. I havent flown anything else although I just got a parkzone T-28 & Flyzone beaver I havent unboxed yet (the beaver was an unexpected offer new still in the box with an anyflight for $200 cash so after reading the review and messages on here about it, I had to jump on that deal). SIM wise I can hover and do knife edges with a fair amount of control and pulling out if things get squirmy.
hyp05fxdl is offline Find More Posts by hyp05fxdl
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:19 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,346 Posts
Wait a minute.... I thought AS3X was made for wind. Seems like the PERFECT time for a maiden! Go! Go! Go! Roll film and punch it!

Seriously though, I maidened my little AS3X Sbach in some stupid 20 - 25 mph wind and it handled it pretty well. However, I just passed up 55 degrees and 15 mph today for 45 degrees and 5 mph tomorrow so I know how it is.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:57 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One. View Post
Wait a minute.... I thought AS3X was made for wind. Seems like the PERFECT time for a maiden! Go! Go! Go! Roll film and punch it!

Seriously though, I maidened my little AS3X Sbach in some stupid 20 - 25 mph wind and it handled it pretty well. However, I just passed up 55 degrees and 15 mph today for 45 degrees and 5 mph tomorrow so I know how it is.
+1!

I actually hope for some wind when I'm flying the Beast 3D or Sbach 3D at the club field. Windsurfing in 20+ MPH winds is a blast - especially with the Beast. Even more so on with the Beast on 3s! I often find myself laughing out loud during the flights, and I'm usually still chucking when I get back to the pits.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:42 AM
United States, IA, Fort Madison
Joined Jan 2009
67 Posts
thanks for this info i could see big difference on the servo movement between gyro 0 and gyro 1 .this was not mention on the instruction. it only say to set the flight mode(channel 5) to general flight on take off or until familiar with control.
pasantia is offline Find More Posts by pasantia
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:24 AM
Joined Sep 2011
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyp05fxdl View Post
real world - I'm Ok with flying the Stinson around the local high school field. I havent flown anything else although I just got a parkzone T-28 & Flyzone beaver I havent unboxed yet (the beaver was an unexpected offer new still in the box with an anyflight for $200 cash so after reading the review and messages on here about it, I had to jump on that deal). SIM wise I can hover and do knife edges with a fair amount of control and pulling out if things get squirmy.
I reckon that you'd be able to fly this plane. Fly the Trojan a bit and practice your simple aerobatics on that to see how you do in real life. Then this plane will be a great next-step if you want to get into 3D :-)
Main thing is to take it slow because, as good as sims are, you don't have the nerves etc. Like you do away from the sim ;-)

Tom
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:25 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
My LHS has three or more in stock, asked the clerk about it and he said in his opinion that it was overpriced. Still waiting to see how she does before I decide.

This is my issue, there are many many good 3D planes in this size range and I could stick a gyro in, probably for a little less. I am not trying to detract from this plane at all.

What are some of the advantages that this plane has over some of the other great 3D planes?
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:14 AM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
Well available in the uk & my mrs said yes even to this so I go for one soon
carlostomasso is offline Find More Posts by carlostomasso