HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:19 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkeyMonk View Post
......I suspect that AS3X isn't something that can be modeled very well in the simulator........
Any modern RC sim can emulate flybarless heli controllers, and multi-rotor controllers with auto-level capabilities, and full-scale sims such as MS Flight Sim have no trouble modeling the full-blown autopilots & fly-by-wire systems found in modern airliners. I've flown many giant-scale aerobatic planes with switchable gyros, and all sorts of gyro-stabilized VTOL aircraft in RF. Building a VisionAire model for Phoenix with switchable AS3X shouldn't be a problem.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 04:20 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,256 Posts
It shouldn't be a problem but I honestly don't see the need for it either. In MY opinoin...No model in Phoenix (or any sim) is going to fly just like the model is real life. There are two many nuances that just can't be replicated to a degree that makes a meaningful difference betweeen flying one model over the other.

But I suppose it depends on the purpose of your sim flying. I use a sim for 3D fixed wing flying (predominantly) and I've found that flying an Edge versus an Extra versus whatever just doesn't change enough to make a difference for me. So I find one model that I really like (based on realism... not ease of flying) and stick with that.

I guess my point is that even if I had this model in a sim that looked JUST like it I don't beleive that it would fly differently enough from my other practice models to give me any sort of meaningful benefit. And I certainly don't feel like flying this model in the sim would give you any indication as to whether you'd purchase one in real life or not which is precisely why I think HH doesn't always put all of their models into Phoenix in the first place.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:11 PM
Joined Sep 2011
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxz1998 View Post
Dave, is there any chance they will be bringing out a copy of the Visionaire for Phoenix Flight sim?
And the Archer and Edge. The Kyosho Edge in Phoenix is VERY unrealistic and there isn't really an alternative for the Archer :-)
Also, a simulated Visionaire could make a great 3D trainer.
I do agree with turnerm about not needing to have every model but these planes would be great.

Tom
Tomdomification is online now Find More Posts by Tomdomification
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:11 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,390 Posts
Just read the manual makes this thing sound like i'll be suffering "clacker factor" again when i maiden this one

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:51 AM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,434 Posts
Chuck,

From the VA clips I've seen so far, and from watching you fly the Sbach, I think you'll do fine. I'd use the 'general flight' AS3X mode for the first flights.

Good luck with the maiden!

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:33 PM
... UMX Horizon Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
866 Posts
hi all..the Visonaire is available in Germany
Two guys posted something about the new plane..QC seems to be o.k., plane flies great and they are convinced about the quality/price level.
-
Hmmm, too many bucks for me this time but good to hear that the QC is fine.
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Last edited by SLK Count; Jan 12, 2013 at 05:33 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:00 PM
accel8or
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2010
457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by javier668 View Post
1200 g a lot of weight, real 3D pilots dont need asx

Well then real fighter pilots don't need microprocessors in their jets.
accel8or is offline Find More Posts by accel8or
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:28 AM
Road Scholar
United States, SC, Fort Mill
Joined Oct 2012
98 Posts
Hey guys, I searched this thread but could not find an answer. When will the Visionaire be available in the US? Thanks, JJ
JimmyJet727 is offline Find More Posts by JimmyJet727
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:37 PM
Lusby, MD 20657
Joined Mar 2001
495 Posts
For my understanding it is on the water. It should be available in about 4 weeks.
pdansalvish is offline Find More Posts by pdansalvish
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:57 PM
... UMX Horizon Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdansalvish View Post
For my understanding it is on the water. It should be available in about 4 weeks.
that's really mystic..the German guys had to wait in the past and now we are the first
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:09 PM
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
Hey all, just signed up. Have participated on other RC forums and have been an avid RC'er for years. I recently retired and have been traveling the country (US) for over a year now. Missed my RC stuff so decided to try heli's. Got a Blade mCPX and it has been a blast. My next challenge is to find a small plane that I could fly at the local parks. The Visionaire looks to fit the needs; small, light and can be stored in an RV (not much room).

My question concerns using a DX4e Tx for this plane. I know that this Tx is bare bones, but it came with the heli and all my other RC stuff is in storage. Do you think that this Tx would work ok? It is listed as a possible Tx for the plane along with the DX6,7 &8's on Horizon's wed under the 'needed to complete' tab. Thanks
6.7 4ever is offline Find More Posts by 6.7 4ever
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:23 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,045 Posts
Yes, it should work with no problem. But it is a basic radio so you don't get all the fun options as a computer radio.
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Well Traveled Glue
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:29 PM
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
Cool thanks. Yea I know I won't be able to go any expo or mixing, but the little Tx does have a low (70%) and high (100%) rate switch. Cheers.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:43 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7 4ever View Post
Cool thanks. Yea I know I won't be able to go any expo or mixing, but the little Tx does have a low (70%) and high (100%) rate switch. Cheers.
The manual recommends enabling the fixed expo feature on the DX4e & DX5e. See page 9 of the manual for info on enabling expo: http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/PKZ6580-Manual_EN.pdf

Also, you need to switch the transmitter mode in the rx from '3D computer' to '3D non-computer', as the default is '3D computer'. See page 8 of the rx manual for instructions on switching transmitter modes: http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/SPMAR635-Manual_EN.pdf The ACT/AUX switch on the DX4e is used to switch between the '3D' & 'general flight' AS3X flight modes. The rx manual also recommends using high rates on non-computer transmitters.

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:54 PM
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
awesome, thanks guys.