Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 08, 2013, 03:41 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Seth View Post
We had a little bug with our product video on YouTube, and it got switched to private. Here is the correct link with the video that works. As I mentioned before, be sure to watch it all the way to the end!

Seth Arnold
Horizon Hobby
Was it the fact that the specifications at the end of the first video were calling for a 220mah battery?

P.S.: No video so far showing some KEs... Please, include some in next one. This video is all about harriers and hover, but I would like to see how good this airplane is at KE...

P.P.S: I absolutely love the insert/PIP with the transmitter view!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:16 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,636 Posts
Hi, guys!

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:07 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Hi, guys!

Joel

Only 3 words.... Somebody is using Joel's computer!!!
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:25 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
just subscribing to this thread i'd say

and then just waiting like the rest of us
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:34 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
RG,

Had to check-in & see what's up. I'm more of a balsa guy at this scale, but I'm interested in seeing how the VA performs in higher winds, and I'm interested in how the system behaves across a wide speed envelope in a 50"-class plane with large control surfaces. Given than the Beast 3D laughs at 25 MPH winds, this bird aught to laugh at 35+ MPH winds. If so, I may put an AR635 in my 48" PA Extra 260. At 9 oz/sq ft & 32 oz AUW with a 3s 2200, it's not much fun in turbulence or even light gusts, but 240W/pound & 10-15 minute flights on a 3s 2200 is nice. Seems like a great candidate for a stab/aug system.

Chuck,

Looking forward to your flight-test!

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:30 PM
United States, GA, Grayson
Joined Mar 2008
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
RG,

Had to check-in & see what's up. I'm more of a balsa guy at this scale, but I'm interested in seeing how the VA performs in higher winds, and I'm interested in how the system behaves across a wide speed envelope in a 50"-class plane with large control surfaces. Given than the Beast 3D laughs at 25 MPH winds, this bird aught to laugh at 35+ MPH winds. If so, I may put an AR635 in my 48" PA Extra 260. At 9 oz/sq ft & 32 oz AUW with a 3s 2200, it's not much fun in turbulence or even light gusts, but 240W/pound & 10-15 minute flights on a 3s 2200 is nice. Seems like a great candidate for a stab/aug system.

Chuck,

Looking forward to your flight-test!

Joel
Wind speed must be measured different where I am from lol. When US Airnet says its 25 mph, flying anything is the last thing on my mind.
tripleup05 is offline Find More Posts by tripleup05
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:47 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleup05 View Post
Wind speed must be measured different where I am from lol. When US Airnet says its 25 mph, flying anything is the last thing on my mind.
Nope, he is not kidding or exaggerating, check out some vids on his YouTube page to see him flying in some awesome winds.

Actually, I have flown my Sbach 3D and Beast 3D in some serious wind, 1/2 throttle and it flys backwards, and it was a ton of fun. My MAIDEN with the Sbach was in such conditions. Stationary snap rolls, followed by a hover landing. TOO FUN.

The AS3X tech is absolutely amazing.

Marlin

SBach Maiden Flight Video

Joel flying in strong winds!
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:14 AM
Joined Sep 2010
3,866 Posts
Quote:
A second to this motion - You just won't ever find anyone at the flying field in our neck of the woods when wind is 25 mph. 10-15 is about all I consider for enjoying rc flying, but I'm far from expert. I have on occasion went out and played in 20 mph, but it wasn't really fun for very long.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:48 AM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,636 Posts
Quote:
Nope. With my full-scale aviation experience, and my experience as a trained weather-spotter and SKYWARN member, I am very familiar with measuring & estimating wind-speeds. As Marlin mentioned - check out some of my Beast 3D clips. I often fly it in winds that are four times the plane's stall-speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
A second to this motion - You just won't ever find anyone at the flying field in our neck of the woods when wind is 25 mph. 10-15 is about all I consider for enjoying rc flying, but I'm far from expert. I have on occasion went out and played in 20 mph, but it wasn't really fun for very long.
On the other hand - I get a big kick out of wind-surfing! Been doing it for decades. It's great for keeping my reflexes sharp. I used to fly my 40-size glow-powered trainer in winds strong enough to fly backwards across the field. Where I come from, you won't get much stick-time if you shy away from flying on breezy days. During my first season of flying RC back in '84, I made a decision to practice flying on windy days & working on my crosswind landings so that I wouldn't be grounded when the wind comes up.

Looking back, I am very glad that I took the time to get comfortable flying in higher winds during my first season.

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:53 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
About wind:

Most of us fly for the adrenaline rush we get out of it. Personally, I hate flying in anything over 10mph. But for some, flying in high wind simply give them the same adrenaline rush (while simply trying to fly straight) that we get when we push our "3D skills" in no wind. End result is the same, adrenaline wise and they do get more flight time/windows. But as I said, having to rush to pick up your airplane after landing so it doesn't get blown away is not worth it for me. I prefer to wait for better days, and bring tons of batteries.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 08:59 AM
United States, PA, Middletown
Joined Sep 2011
556 Posts
The livery isn't the greatest but I love the flowing lines of this plane.

It's gorgeous imho.

Nice work HH and QQ!

Please release a version without battery and charger!
wayfaringdreamer is offline Find More Posts by wayfaringdreamer
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:59 AM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,636 Posts
RG,

You nailed it. I simply get a kick out of flying in high winds. I often find myself laughing out loud during the flights, and I'm usually still chuckling on my way back to the pits. Oh - and I often have to keep some power on & fly the plane on the ground as I walk over to pick it up.

Some aspects of wind-surfing RC planes remind me of racing catamarans back when I was a high-school kid. I'd love to try DSS!!

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:29 AM
Canada, AB
Joined Jun 2011
183 Posts
Dave, is there any chance they will be bringing out a copy of the Visionaire for Phoenix Flight sim?
mxz1998 is offline Find More Posts by mxz1998
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:59 AM
United States, PA, Middletown
Joined Sep 2011
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxz1998 View Post
dave, is there any chance they will be bringing out a copy of the visionaire for phoenix flight sim?
+1
wayfaringdreamer is offline Find More Posts by wayfaringdreamer
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:33 PM
Smasher of foam
United States, OH, Stow
Joined Sep 2012
209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxz1998 View Post
Dave, is there any chance they will be bringing out a copy of the Visionaire for Phoenix Flight sim?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfaringdreamer View Post
+1
+1 more.

I suspect that AS3X isn't something that can be modeled very well in the simulator. I've noticed that none of the HH AS3X planes are in Phoenix. (Actually, I think none of the HH micro and ultra micro planes are in Phoenix whether they're AS3X or not.)

But since the AS3X can be turned on and off on the VisionAire and it's larger than a micro, maybe a non-stabilized version could end up in Phoenix?

I'd love to see the Edge 540QQ in there, too.
FunkeyMonk is offline Find More Posts by FunkeyMonk
Last edited by FunkeyMonk; Jan 09, 2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Removed, extra, commas.