SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:21 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacsDane View Post
The distributor isn't allowing anyone to accept any sort of pre-orders right now. As soon as it becomes available you will be able to get it here probably cheaper then anywhere else online..

you can be updated about this product on our blog
Nice, first post and it's a plug
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:41 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacsDane View Post
.....probably cheaper then anywhere else online.....
Interesting claim.

Got any hard facts to back it up? (Like, examples using other aircraft we'd know about.)

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:42 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Just what I was thinking earlier. Maybe that's what will be needed to support twin aileron channels. I know that I'm going to wait till that's a possibility.
Wow... I hadn't realized it didn't support dual aileron programming. For $119 I assumed it did.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:52 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Just what I was thinking earlier. Maybe that's what will be needed to support twin aileron channels. I know that I'm going to wait till that's a possibility.
I think the problem with twin aileron channels is what order things happen in the chain between the sticks and the control surface. With twin aileron channels the knowledge of what you're aileron stick input is is lost in the tx - the channels get split, mixes get applied, etc. By the time the receiver gets it, AS3X may have a tough time figuring out what you were trying to do with the ailerons. AS3X needs to know what you told the ailerons to do, so that it can compensate for any discrepancy between that and the motion the plane makes.

I think the way to get fancier functions to work with a gyro is to have more smarts in the receiver - move the subtrim, end point adjustments, perhaps flaperon/spoileron mix, aileron differential, etc. into the receiver. And stick a USB port on it so you can program all that without going nuts :-)
AeroKen is online now Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:05 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
Wow... I hadn't realized it didn't support dual aileron programming. For $119 I assumed it did.
Do you have a verified source for not being able to program dual ailerons (flaperons) with this Rx? If I remember correctly, you stick one aileron in AIL and the other in AUX1 channel. And the AR635 appears to have an AUX1 from the pic below:

Left Coast DJ is online now Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:17 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ View Post
Do you have a verified source for not being able to program dual ailerons (flaperons) with this Rx?
From page 5 of the manual:

Quote:
If using dual ailerons, elevator or rudder, a Y harness must be used.

If you set dual aileron in your TX and then plugged it in as you described, roll correction would only apply to the right aileron servo.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:26 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
From page 5 of the manual:
Burnt! Thanks for the link. I'll wait for actual user feedback before getting this Rx then. Or wait for the AR640 with sync'd dual aileron channels.
Left Coast DJ is online now Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:34 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,993 Posts
Not sure how many use flaps,spoileron mixes on 3d planes. I never really had much use for it myself if the plane rolls fine. You can adjust aileron differential mechanically if a plane really needs it to roll well and using a y harness but i can see the concern when many are use to independent channels for aileron set up as well as having an extra safe guard that at least one aileron will work if there is some type of plug failure etc at the receiver or extension plugs for ailerons.
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:34 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKen View Post
I think the problem with twin aileron channels is what order things happen in the chain between the sticks and the control surface. With twin aileron channels the knowledge of what you're aileron stick input is is lost in the tx - the channels get split, mixes get applied, etc. By the time the receiver gets it, AS3X may have a tough time figuring out what you were trying to do with the ailerons. AS3X needs to know what you told the ailerons to do, so that it can compensate for any discrepancy between that and the motion the plane makes.

I think the way to get fancier functions to work with a gyro is to have more smarts in the receiver - move the subtrim, end point adjustments, perhaps flaperon/spoileron mix, aileron differential, etc. into the receiver. And stick a USB port on it so you can program all that without going nuts :-)
You wouldn't necessarily have to move all those functions from the TX to the receiver... that would be a major change.

You could just add an interface to tell the receiver how your transmitter was set up... such as which direction to apply the corrections on a dual aileron setup. Your endpoints are usually pretty even on both ailerons, so it just needs to know which direction to apply the AS3X correction on each.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:48 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
Not sure how many use flaps,spoileron mixes on 3d planes. I never really had much use for it myself if the plane rolls fine. You can adjust aileron differential mechanically if a plane really needs it to roll well and using a y harness but i can see the concern when many are use to independent channels for aileron set up as well as having an extra safe guard that at least one aileron will work if there is some type of plug failure etc at the receiver or extension plugs for ailerons.
I love Spoileron mixing I think I should maybe change my user name
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:55 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,993 Posts
Ive tried flaps etc,to slow 3d planes down i usually fly harrier,spoileron mixing i can see helping with harrier a little and have flown parkjets with it but for the most part having separate channels for each aileron ive used mostly just with a throw meter to dial in equal up and down throw easier through the radio rather than using mechanical adjustment. Id prefer separate aileron channels mainly for that myself but its not a deal breaker for me.
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:05 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,410 Posts
Hi all, well i asked the question to OMP as this one didn't just arrive and was told if they can pry one of the samples from the hands of those who have them at the moment I "Might!" get one next week to do a review and maiden with
So with a little luck we will have a good close up look at one and see what it flys like in this learners hands

can't wait

cheers chuck

fingers crossed
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:22 AM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
Hi all, well i asked the question to OMP as this one didn't just arrive and was told if they can pry one of the samples from the hands of those who have them at the moment I "Might!" get one next week to do a review and maiden with
So with a little luck we will have a good close up look at one and see what it flys like in this learners hands

can't wait

cheers chuck

fingers crossed
You are the luckyest son of a going!
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:40 AM
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Dec 2012
47 Posts
Yeah it will be available for purchase nearing the end of this month.... my store will be at MAP I'm sure
ManiacsDane is offline Find More Posts by ManiacsDane
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 08, 2013, 03:12 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Champaign, IL
Joined Jan 2007
666 Posts
We had a little bug with our product video on YouTube, and it got switched to private. Here is the correct link with the video that works. As I mentioned before, be sure to watch it all the way to the end!

VisionAire™ BNF with AS3X Technology by ParkZone® (5 min 27 sec)

Seth Arnold
Horizon Hobby
3D-Seth is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Seth
Site Sponsor