Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:01 PM
Joined Jan 2012
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
Eclispe thanks but when i get in that size then I become more scale "pickey"
split flaps , counter balance in the tail , ect ect ect
I want less stuff so it's cheaper.....

And less stuff to be ripped off in ruff landings.
MileHighTakeOff is offline Find More Posts by MileHighTakeOff
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:13 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
Another great video from Chuck...what a great job he does.
Not surprisingly, I've been a fan of Chuck since I signed on to RCGroups.

It was a surprise to see Chuck surprise himself while tearing off the brown paper wrapping. Surprised me that Chuck "coincidentally" had a P-40 on his computer screen.... surprise!

Gene K
speedy01 is online now Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:16 PM
Plane Crazy!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Joined Sep 2006
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcAirplaneNoob View Post
a micro extra 300 would be sick and I want the 4site to be reborn!!
I couldn't agree more!

How many of the same UM warbirds can one have....

I have the P51and it still suits its purpose for me.

However an UM 3d plane is what I'm currently looking for!
Kilo60 is offline Find More Posts by Kilo60
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:31 PM
Romans 8:34-39
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
what no flaps and retracts lol ,
love the look , the scheme is better then most arfs of this model P40 in the 1400mm size , great Job guys , I will but it as a P40 addict and hope they go larger someday to the 1400 size and larger !!!
I am really interested in an 800mm warbird series with flaps and retracts and the whole 9 yds. There's a field in my neighborhood 4 houses away that's perfect for that size of plane, but 1400mm is too large.
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:36 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,406 Posts
Parkzone UM P-40 Warhawk The Maiden Pt 1

What can i say about this little gem of a warbird, it fly's great & handles a little wind with ease thanks to the AS3X. I wouldn't say this is a beginners plane as it is a little touchy! I think as your first 4ch UM the UM T-28 is still the one to learn on. Even i had some "Dumb Thumbs" and "CRASH!" the P-40, all my fault as i have been flying my Sbach so much, i was too low when i tried to pull a move with a warbird not my 2s Sbach haha. As seen no damage to the plane, love flying over grass for this reason!
In this video we also have a fly with a few different batteries & i must say they all seem pretty close to even on the way they make this plane fly, see the stock E-flite150 & the Mini Aviation 190 in Part 1 of this video & a Nano Tech 150 & Dualsky 150 in Part 2 along with the landing gear removed for hand launching. So sit back & enjoy!

cheers Chuck

Parkzone UM P-40 Warhawk The Maiden Pt 1 (7 min 1 sec)
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:39 PM
Joined Jan 2012
89 Posts
That looks awesome. Way better peformance than I get out out of my Spit. Some of those vertical climbs I saw I know my Spit wouldn't do.

I went to the LHS today and it is in their system but has a date of 1/31. Guess what my wife is getting for V-day!
MileHighTakeOff is offline Find More Posts by MileHighTakeOff
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:38 AM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,030 Posts
Okay, I'm convinced.

Thanks for the video Chuck. You are appreciated all over the world.

Horizon said late Feb. That's when we have the WRAM show so maybe I can score a P-40 then. I always go with lots of headroom on my credit cards and a checkbook for emergencies.

I'd have liked to see it fly without wheels, but the diff would probably not be noticeable.

A favorite from childhood. The first model I ever made was a Jack Armstrong P-40. They were 3D paper planes similar to Fiddler's Green. I was not yet in school, couldn't read and my father built the Zero. The models came in pairs like a Spit and a FockeWulf or the P-40 and Zero. The next day I asked him to build the Flying Tiger and he said it was my turn, he showed me how yesterday. So I made my first plane. BTW, These were flying models and from a kid's viewpoint they flew well.

I guess that was 1944!

I've found the Jack Armstrong models as downloadable files and also as rather expensive printouts. Love them, but this is a lot closer to my childhood fantasies.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by PeteSchug; Jan 06, 2013 at 06:44 AM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:31 AM
Carthage, TX
United States, TX, Tenaha
Joined Mar 2012
556 Posts
Good looking video chuck. This will be a fun addition to mine and my sons UP fleet!
Colbyntx is offline Find More Posts by Colbyntx
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:37 AM
Joined Mar 2011
589 Posts
From all your comments I'm guessing the 4 bladed prop on the Spit really hurt its performance?

My last UM warbird was the corsair.

I'm trying to hold out for the P-40... But the Spit is tempting me since its already out and in stock at my LHS.

Seems the only difference in power plants are the props.
Barrett_G is offline Find More Posts by Barrett_G
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:51 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,406 Posts
thanks for the good comments guys always appreciated

now to answer a few questions

The P-40 on the screen behind me lets put it this way i was given that box on the 20th of December so i could get a video ready before the release date of the 3rd Jan, after all it was the Christmas holidays. I got home that night and decided i would open the box when i did the review so we would "All" see the plane for the first time, which i did

Now when i got home that night do "YOU!" really think you wouldn't want to have a look at what the next plane was going to be, that no one else in the world even new about? so i nicked a bit of the paper at the back of the box and saw the words P-40 that was it the box stayed completely wrapped as so my mouth until i opened it with all you lot from around the world and was really excited to see how scale it looked

you will notice the photo on the screen was the wrong warbird at the beginning as i only new it was a P-40 and after i opened the box, i searched out the correct P-40 and put that on the screen hope that answers that one

PeteS you should of stayed till the end titles as Part 2 is flying without the undercarriage i'll put it up when part 1 hits 1000 views

Oh in the battery comparison for those wondering what happened to the Hyperion battery, well it was funny, i put it in and the plane would spin the prop for a second or two then stop did this a few times in a row so i didn't fly with it, when i got home and charged all the batts the Hyperion took 2mAh so i have no idea what happened at the test, as all the other batts worked fine i'll try it for the next flight i have with the P-40

there ya go guys

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Jan 06, 2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:50 PM
Romans 8:34-39
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,377 Posts
Thanks for the videos and information Chuck! I've become a big fan of your work.
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:39 PM
Jagd Flieger
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2011
194 Posts
Hi guys

Parkzone has come up with another winning plane! The P-40 looks great and it probably flies quite as good as the other ultramicros. I was really hoping that Parkzone would produce a axis plane such as a ME-109, FW-190 or Zero, all the other micro warbirds are American or British, we need some axis planes to have some dogfights. At my park where I fly two other guys have Ultramicros the Champ and Trojan, it is a lot of fun chasing each other around the sky especially my P-51 vs the Trojan. Parkzone has a larger Me-109, E-flite has the Mig-15 and Great Planes has the F-86 Sabre, so why not a ultramicro axis plane.
I would love to buy the P-40 but I think my wife would kill meWhat another plane, they all look the same!!

Thanks Sabastian

P.S. here is a picture of my UMP-51 with a new paint job RCAF
Sabastian is offline Find More Posts by Sabastian
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:22 PM
meridian, idaho
Joined Mar 2010
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1 View Post
.......I Love the micro heavy metal warbirds....but I am really wanting to see some micro retracts on these beauties.

2S Brushless, AS3X, full house with flaps, lights and retracts....I know I know.....wait a couple years.

I still like this little warbird as I look forward to next gen micros.
You read my mind!!!! I love UMX's because I can fly in my rather large cul-d'sac, but I end up flying my beast 100% of the time because its just a blast. The P-51 and Trojan just don't do anything for me. I would EASILY pay $200 for one with brushless, lights and retracts! The investment is worth it because I don't have to leave the house.

Another great video though Chuck!!!!!!!!
overthebars is offline Find More Posts by overthebars
Old Jan 08, 2013, 03:09 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
Chuck - Great vid, as always, and it looks like the P-40 saw some real action against those birds! I was surprised that she was able to take off from the dirt - that's encouraging.

A couple questions/observations from the vid:
1) It looked like the aileron rolls weren't very axial - was that a function of pilot input, or specific to the airframe?
2) How is the inverted performance compared to the Spit? The Spit's inverted flight is the best of all my micros, but it looked like you had to fight the P-40 a bit to keep it upside down?
3) The all important question - how would you compare the power of the P-40 to the Spitfire? Seems like there was a little more "umph" from it, but hard to tell. . . .
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings