HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:21 AM
centennial/aurora colorado
Joined Mar 2008
1,392 Posts
so to be clear the bl tail motor from the new heli with some tape should fit the gearbox correct?
kelloggair is offline Find More Posts by kelloggair
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:23 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelloggair View Post
so to be clear the bl tail motor from the new heli with some tape should fit the gearbox correct?
In theory, yes! I'll know for sure in a couple of days, oh yeah
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:24 AM
Joined Mar 2008
1,392 Posts
im thinking of pulling the trigger if the motor swap is possible so updates when you do plz
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:41 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
The tail motor is .5 mm smaller in diameter.

If you run bl you'll have to run it through an esc in the xport since the bl converter doesn't work.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Last edited by airpower; Jan 28, 2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:41 AM
Romans 8:34-39
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
In theory, yes! I'll know for sure in a couple of days, oh yeah
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:44 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,543 Posts
As a wild guess Im hoping for 70-80g of static thrust with the mCPX BL tail motor but I'd be happy with anything over 60g. Also as an educated guess I think as its a 08?? 8000 and something kv it will pull 3a, larger BL motors around 10 -12mm (11,000kv) in diameter pull around 4-6a
Last edited by valiantGLX; Jan 28, 2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:57 AM
Joined Mar 2008
1,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
With a BL ESC, Signal wire goes to the AS3X RX, and power wires go directly to the battery

air power will this work as posted earlier by valiant?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:01 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
I do not think so, but I may be wrong. I'm not an expert on ar6400 bl conversions.

The signal port on the esc does not work in as3x ums, it is there but does not have the capability to use it, so I believe you just plug a bl esc into a servo port like a servo and mix it with throttle.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:05 PM
McKinney, Texas
Joined Apr 2009
150 Posts
Just saw on Facebook there starting to ship the P-40 today.
Robert Cline is online now Find More Posts by Robert Cline
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:53 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
The 550 X has not been delayed, it's right on schedule. We made a strategic decision to announce it at the Orlando Heli Blowout even though it was still a few months out. It's still very much on track to ship in early 2013, which was our plan.
Dave -

You all deserve props. I've seen so many threads where HH took a beating because of the delayed release dates, but it's clear recently that you all have changed the communication process and shortened it. As an "end user", I think you all have hit on a great formula. Your new products always create a lot of buzz and by shortening your time to market (from announcement), you keep that excitement right up through the first flight reports.

Thanks - you guys are always a welcome read on these forums. (now when are we gonna get one of these little buggers with a BL motor? )
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:55 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
Dave, thanks for the correction, guess I was wrong about the 550x, which is a good thing
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:26 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
I do not think so, but I may be wrong. I'm not an expert on ar6400 bl conversions.

The signal port on the esc does not work in as3x ums, it is there but does not have the capability to use it, so I believe you just plug a bl esc into a servo port like a servo and mix it with throttle.
It will be pushing the ESC but it may just work, it can handle up to 5a in 10 sec bursts, again I will know for sure soon (well probably in a month knowing HK shipping). I've had my eye on the HK6a ESC but its never in stock

Crap that just threw a spanner into the works I was planning to install it into a AS3X profile plane. I will have to look into this more, it may be possible to activate it by programming the brick

EDIT: Found a solution you can put the signal wire into the x-port, and mix the x-port with the throttle Means I will have to drop my aileron/elevator mix though
Last edited by valiantGLX; Jan 28, 2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:36 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
No, it's simply not there to use the signal port.

Just plug the bl esc into a extra channel.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:52 PM
Joined Mar 2011
597 Posts
Just got the "in stock" email for this plane... May go check my LHS!
Barrett_G is online now Find More Posts by Barrett_G
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:58 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett_G View Post
Just got the "in stock" email for this plane... May go check my LHS!
Darn you Dave! You have completely disoriented me. We had this nice little pattern set up for these threads - excitement, speculation, argue, argue, argue, excitement, disappointment, argue, speculation, argue, argue, accuse, stop reading it, excitement, disappointment, then finally the actual flight reports.

You and those darned wallet cleansing HH employees have caused this thread and the last 5 release threads to skip all the bad steps and go from excitement of initial announcement to speculation to flight reports in a matter of, what, a month?

Do you understand the downstream impacts of this????? How many imagined problems we will not have time to manufacture and argue about??? How many Hobby King employees in disguise we will never be able to accuse?

This is just terrible. I guess I'll have to console myself with some flight videos . . .

Bring 'em on, boys!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings