HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:47 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2012
205 Posts
Alert
BIG OOOPS! Tarot ZXY-S Gyro

Wweelll, not too happy ..............bought the Tarot Upgrade CNC Aluminum case for their new gyro and installed it. The kit came with new screws for the case that looked just like the original screw that came with the plastic case, but I used the new ones anyway. Well I'm not sure if the screws are too long or the case is a bit shorter but on 2 corners on the top of the case the screws were too long and have made bumps on the case as they are trying to push threw. Very easy to remedy before the fact if I had known.
Have not flown with it yet so don't know, and don't think it will effect anything, but it is unsightly and not good.
Just thought I'd share this so others can watch out.

Also, has anyone that has done this upgrade noticed that the original plastic case has a blob of silicone, or something, in it that I think they are using as a heat sink? My question is does the new aluminum case need this because it did not have it in it, or does the aluminum do a good enough job of absorbing heat (which is one of the benefit claimed for the upgrade)?

I would really appreciate any input on these 2 issues.
I am new and so far think this sight is great! Thanks everyone!

Stevo
Evercopter4 is offline Find More Posts by Evercopter4
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:27 AM
United States, MI, Harrison Township
Joined Jan 2012
283 Posts
steve,didnt you think they might of looked a little long....kinda like when i shoved the aircleaner nut right threw the new hood on my 69 camaro.

on the metal case ,i think the silicon is more used for vibration,then heat transfer.i did see some questions and answers on the alum upgrade.in this thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1512179
mmracecars is offline Find More Posts by mmracecars
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:39 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2012
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmracecars View Post
steve,didnt you think they might of looked a little long....kinda like when i shoved the aircleaner nut right threw the new hood on my 69 camaro.

on the metal case ,i think the silicon is more used for vibration,then heat transfer.i did see some questions and answers on the alum upgrade.in this thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1512179
The silicone is in the plastic (stock) case, the aluminum case was empty. The crews are all the same size so it must be a difference in the case. The only way I think I could of avoided this is if I miked the cases before hand, but it is a tarot upgrade made for this gyro so you would think it would be the right fit?

Sorry to hear about your Camaro.................that must have hurt.

Thanks alot for the info and the link, I will check it out, but I think I am going to try and warranty this gyro. The upgrade case should have been the right fit!

Stevo
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:09 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2012
205 Posts
UPDATE on this messed-up sitch

I contacted the seller I bought from (was my first time buying from them) and they replied with the attitude that it was my fault (off course, typical denial and blame) BUT, they said they were open to suggestions, so I replied and gave them an earful.
I basically told them that an upgrade from a maker for their owner exact item should not need modifications unless there were instructions to do so and there was not, but what would be the point of that, don't you guys agree?

I would love to hear what you guys think, and will let you know how they respond next.

Thanks,

Stevo
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:48 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2012
205 Posts
Update

That was quick, they said they would give me a refund for their item and that's it. I told them that was not good enough, that they had to at least replace the top half of the case.

I know I'm in for a bit of a fight dealing with these people.................why I am glad I used ebay, to have some customer support. So far since I started ebay they have helped me twist the thumb screws on more than one of these unruly sellers.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:00 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2012
205 Posts
Update

Well, the seller is scum, but ebay offered to fix it for me if I send them a bill. I LOVE EBAY!

Tarot needs to address this issue so the next guy won't have the same problem, so my new step is to contact Tarot and let them know about this defect and see what they will do. This is going to be interesting!
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:11 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2012
205 Posts
Update

I guess I should let you guys know who this bad ebay seller is so you can look out. Their name on ebay is "constantdeals", stay away, no customer service.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:37 PM
Joined Dec 2010
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmracecars View Post
....kinda like when i shoved the aircleaner nut right threw the new hood on my 69 camaro.

Now "That" would make me cry !!!

Bille

ps : i didn't cry when they cut off both my legs .
BilleFly is offline Find More Posts by BilleFly
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:53 AM
United States, MI, Harrison Township
Joined Jan 2012
283 Posts
yep,for a minute
mmracecars is offline Find More Posts by mmracecars